• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty Eight- The Royal Address

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 28- The Royal Address:

Nearly five months have passed since Maestro and his mother Harmony, first met. His mother had now moved into Canterlot like she had firmly promised to him, and has been living in the glorious city for about three months now. She lives on the other side of the city, but every step towards her house for a visit is well worth it.

As for Octavia, that little scarf and small bowtie was being made by Octavia. Maestro had been told that he was going to be a dad, which left him in shock of the incredible news. The daughter they were now expecting is just within the next four months now. Octavia had told Maestro of the wonderful news just two days after his mother made her first appearance to them. With the help of Maestro’s foster parents, and his mother Harmony pitching in too, Maestro had finally managed to buy a place he and Octavia could finally call home, and even have some privacy along with it. It was fairly secluded from the city center, from which Octavia previously resided in. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms were just right for this future family-to-be.

For Vinyl Scratch, after hearing the news about her best friend expecting, she was now jokingly referred to as Aunt Scratch by Octavia, which Vinyl hated being called, as all it did for her was make her feel old. Harmony however was overjoyed of the news, and the day she heard about it, she began preparing a little room for the little filly to play in at her own house. She herself couldn’t wait for the memorable day to arrive…but would that day ever really come is the question?

The war was still raging and ravaging within the Griffon Highlands, and the Griffons had gained a powerful new ally within the last two months. Dragons were now valiantly leading the charge against the dreaded Changeling war machine. The Diamond Dogs were helping out with this war effort only for the riches, but they were excellent saboteurs on the battlefield however. Saddle Arabia was staying neutral on the conflict, as were the Zebra tribes as well. The Pegasi have already pitched into the war effort, and were sending forces to the battlefield almost every week for the past two and a half months. The Unicorn forces had just recently joined in the war effort to help with ground resistance anywhere and everywhere just one week ago. Serving as multi-role soldiers on the ground, Unicorns were good for that job. Then there were last but not least, the Earth Ponies, which were now by rumored accounts joining the war effort as well…and by today nonetheless.

Due to this, the princess herself, Princess Celestia would be making an address concerning this situation. The situation has hit a point to where the princess shall now finally make her thoughts known to the ponies of Canterlot, Cloudsdale, Ponyville, and beyond. She will now finally be announcing what actions Equestria must take in order to deal with this old returning enemy once and for all.
The air seemed awfully crisp and quite the refreshing day for what was about to be announced by the princess herself in just a few hours. Crowds have already begun showing up to Canterlot in droves, and the enormous field where Twilight had received her coronation; waving in front of thousands of ponies that one incredible day she was bestowed that title she had seemed to be destined to receive.

“Come now dear, the crowds aren’t that bad now.” Said Harmony, seemingly making her way through the crowds of chattering ponies with ease, whilst Maestro, Octavia, and Vinyl Scratch were still trying to keep up with her after all of this time.

“Your mom is how old again? She’s making us look like we’re trading ages with her.” Said Vinyl.

“Hey, she’s not that old, she’s actually pretty young to be my mother.” Maestro replied.

“Right, right…well hey, I think we should just chill back here for now. There’s no way in Tartarus we’ll reach her now, I just lost…okay…noooow I lost sight of her.” Vinyl added.

“Well…I suppose we got no choice then.” Maestro and the rest of them decided to go with Vinyl’s thoughts and stay right where they were. They were comfortably within the crowd, still even due to the fact that the three of them were still close to one of the edges of the crowd after all of this weaving they have done the past few minutes or so. The crowd was immense, more than immense in fact. Making the crowd of Twilight’s coronation look like child’s play. Tens of thousand of ponies all over Equestria had shown up, some as far out west as Appleloosa, and even further.

Before this address however thousands of ponies had been given a number by airmail from where they lived. If their number was called, they have been selected for the draft. Courtesy of the Equestrian National Military Chain of Command…quite a mouthful to say for anypony.

“Mother of Celestia, I’ve never seen a crowd this large in all my life.” Octavia said in total awe at the site. It was rather impressive really, nothing like this had ever happened in Equestria’s history. But since the times are not getting better, but worse, they had no choice but to take assertive action on the matter at hoof.

Everypony’s voice then went quiet; as they could all hear the trumpets sound off for what sounded like the noise being carried for miles. Maestro could see nothing but a white dot
Emerge from the massive tower knowing it was actually her.

“Is that actually the-…”

“Shh!” shushed a pony to Maestro.

“Oh…sorry.” He whispered back.
Through the power of technology, a microphone had luckily been placed where she stood, with speakers throughout the crowd so everypony, even the faint of hearing could hear her clearly.

The microphone cut on, made aloud screech, then subsided just a second later after the issue was immediately fixed.

“Is this thing on?” the princess asked.

“Yes your highness.” Stated a guard.

She then turned to the ocean of pastel colored ponies as far as the eye could see in front of her, greeting her fellow citizens with a lovely smile.

“Greetings everypony, and good evening to you all!” she spoke boldly through the microphone. The crowd remaining dead silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop.

“As all of you know, we are indeed in the midst of a palpable situation. I know some of you wish to not hear this kind of news, for I do not blame you. As I myself even do not desire hearing the news of more lives taken from this crisis at hoof. These are trying times indeed my fellow citizens, and we must rise to the challenge!”

The crowd cheered, then fading out as she began to speak out to them once more.

“I have received news of lives from Cloudsdale and Ponyville being lost. It breaks my heart knowing these children…my children, of this land, have fallen to something they could not do anything about! You are all my children fellow ponies, every last one of you, and my sympathy, thoughts, and prayers go out to those whose families have already been afflicted by this terrible atrocity. But no more I say shall we give in to those who wish to oppress us! No more shall we cower in the dark and hope for a miracle! No more shall we let the others take care of the dirty work for us! It is time to show the rest of this world, and the other races out there what the true might of an Equestrian nation is capable of!” she yelled out once more, with the crowd roaring and applauding her in a deafening sound.

Minutes kept passing onward, as she continued on with her speech. Every word from her expressed from the bottom of her heart, she was angry with the enemy, and she knew who was leading the Changeling war machine too. Somepony she wished never to see the light of day again…Queen Chrysalis. She had fought her once before, and lost, but this time would be different.

“As you all know the Canterlot Royal Guard shall stand firm and stand strong with this crisis…which is why I me and my dear sister have decided to assist the brave souls who will be fighting out there amidst a howling darkness! Me and my sister, Princess Luna, have decided to teach the enemy what happens when you hurt my children of this land!” she shouted out once more to the crowd, the crowd ever so erupting in a cheer once more.
“I can’t believe it…our princess…our very princess…is actually going to war with the rest of whoever else is going there.” Octavia couldn’t believe what she heard, neither could many, many others. But at the same time, this was good to know, knowing that this time the forces of Equestria shall be watched over, even in the heat of battle.

“Whoa…she’s…really…gonna…do it…oh wow this is awesome!” Vinyl shouted out.

“Vinyl!” Octavia raised her voice.

“What? Are you kidding? The majesty and her sister going into war with our military is just too cool I gotta admit.” Vinyl added.

“Are you joking? This isn’t good at all! What if she’s killed?!”

“Oh relax, she’s been around for like…a thousand years right? I think she knows what she’s doing Octy, know what I mean?”

“She’ll be fine Octavia, we’ll be fine too.” Maestro interrupted her, coming over to calm down his lover’s thoughts going on in her mind.

“I suppose I should calm down a bit, Vinyl’s right I guess. She would I suppose know what she’s doing. After all, she has been around for over a millennia for us.” Octavia replied, the drama in her voice subsiding.

After Princess Celestia’s address and certainly bold, memorable statement just minutes ago, Prince Shining Armor had taken over on the microphone to make an announcement.

“Ahem, attention everypony! I am Prince Shining Armor, captain of the Royal Guard here in Canterlot and in the Crystal Empire! It is to my attention that I must inform you that we shall let you all know within your households whether or not you or somepony else shall be drafted. Here’s how it will go, a guard shall approach your doorstep only if you have been selected to take arms in this war. If you and another loved one within the same household have been selected, the same rules will still apply for you and that loved one! That is all; you may all be dismissed at your own will. Thank you, and long live Equestria!” he shouted out to the crowd, the crowd engaging in their routine of and eruption of cheering and applause from the crowd, gaining morale with every statement it seemed as it was said from such figures of royalty.

With everypony able to return to their homes at will, Maestro and Octavia made it back to their fairly new home after taking over an hour and a half to get back to where they lived, for it would’ve been much sooner were it not for the creeping crowd. Vinyl had an important thing to work on with her good friend Neon Lights on a project before they would be heading out on tour together just one week from today.

Octavia taking it easy now on the couch, after her and Maestro managed to stay alive from the worst crowd any city has ever experienced it seemed.
“Ugh, finally, I just want to take it easy for now.”

“You deserve it in my opinion.” Maestro making his way over to her, beginning to massage her shoulders as he set his things down behind the couch.

“Oh my, that actually feels good…you’ve never given me a massage this good before.” she replied, as she could feel the tension immediately leave her body.

“Ooh yeah, that feels good.” She sighed out again, almost now beginning to feel a bit aroused by it. Maestro couldn’t help but chuckle at how she was acting.

“What?” she looked back.

“Nothing, just that you’re acting like you’re turned on or something.” he laughed softly.

“Oh knock off that rubbish, silly. Besides, I already know your weaknesses, and you know it.” she said to him, playfully touching his chin with the tip of one of her hoofs.

“Well, luckily Vinyl left a few minutes a-”

“Hey, what’s going on every…oh never mind, ha ha!” Vinyl burst through their front door laughing at the awkward situation she barged in on.

“Vinyl! Ugh, damn it why?! I was just getting relaxed too.”

“Oh…sorry Octy…sorry Maestro…you just keep seducing each other, and I’ll just be up here using your bathroom is all. Couldn’t really hold it and I luckily passed your house going around in circle still in that crowd, hah!”

“Go do your business Vinyl!” said Octavia in mild frustration.

“Oh, right.” Vinyl replied, dashing up the stairs.

Octavia sighed once more, now bringing one of her hoofs on the side of her head rubbing one of her temples on a circular motion, while Maestro continues giving her the massage she needed.

“Why don’t you take a nap upstairs, hm? You just seem tired to me.” Maestro insisted.

“W-what? No I’m fine, you just keep doing what you’re doing. I might give you a massage whenever you finish with me, how’s that sound?”

“Sounds lovely my dear.” Maestro replied jokingly sounding like one of those ritzy ponies in the most upper class districts, with Octavia giggling at his entertaining Hoity Toity impersonation.

“This…is just one more reason why I love you.” she giggled softly to him, as he then brought his face closer to hers then sharing a passionate kiss together. Melting all of their troubles away for the day as their lips locked. Continuing their kiss, Octavia still had a thought in the back of her mind hoping, just hoping…that he would not be called upon to do the unthinkable.

PreviousChapters Next