• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifteen- A Break in Silence

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 15- A Break in Silence:

About a couple of weeks had passed since that certain day occurred between Octavia and Maestro. The problem was this: The longer he waits to tell the truth to her, the worse the reaction could be. Again, Octavia had done nothing to deserve this, showing that temptation can destroy relationships if it pairs with lying. Maestro’s time was running out, along with only so much Octavia could withstand from him. The longer he waited, the worse it would make her feel he thought, but how much longer is he going to be pressured between the side of honestly and growing love, or the side of temptation and betrayal?

Octavia was sitting outside on her front porch, enjoying the moment she had to herself soaking up whatever sun could shine down in her presence. Celestia’s sun wasn’t exactly doing too badly today, though the weather was now starting to get cool around this time, as it was now approaching fall.

She notices Maestro walking to her house, holding something that looked like a flyer in his mouth.

“Octafia, feck fis out!”

“Get that piece of paper out of your mouth, silly.” She giggled.

“Oh sorry, check this out.”

He then showed her a flyer of the Equestrian Symphony Orchestra coming to Canterlot to perform next month. They were in fact; you guessed it, the best orchestra in all of Equestria. Octavia had always wanted to go and see them perform, and now they were coming to Canterlot for the first time ever.

“Oh wow, I’ve always wanted to go see them! Does this mean we can go and watch them?” she asked innocently.

“Well, I don’t really see why we couldn’t? But if you do, then we might need to get our tickets ahead of time…but well…I don’t know right now.” he replied.

“Oh, right, not a bad idea now that you mention it?”

Although glad to see her face light up to something she had always wanted to go to, he was now feeling hurt, knowing he was going to confess to her…tonight…and Vinyl would even be there in case things got dicey, so she could back up his case and help him explain it more. Then maybe Octavia wouldn’t be so devastated, but then again…
Vinyl had approached once again the Canterlot Train Station, and was now on her way for the second time in three weeks, heading back to pay Octavia a visit, and for a reason.

“Um, Tavi? Would you care to come inside by any chance?” he gestures.

“Why so?”

“Well…there is…”

“Is there something wrong, Maestro?” she then gets up out of her chair and gets close to him, placing one of her hoofs gently on his chest.

“Y-yes…there actually…is. Not in a way that, well…you would think…I’m sorry.”

Octavia felt a bit confused now, wondering why he was saying he was sorry for something she never thought would happen between them?

“Not quite sure I understand the situation here?”

“No need to now, but why don’t you just get yourself comfortable in the living room, okay?” he insisted.

“Well…okay I guess?”

They both then lied down on the couch together, as she got up close to him, laying her head on top of his chest, nuzzling the side of his cheek then lightly kissing it.

“I love you…you know that right?” she said.

Maestro looked back at her, now imagining it might be the last one he hears from her possibly.

“I…I love you too, Tavi. There wouldn’t be anything in the world I would try and do for you to make you happy.”

“Absolutely, I like that.” she smiled.

“But there is one important question I must ask you though.”

“Yes?”

He looked into her lovely purple eyes and kissed her forehead, and brought her in closer to her and hugged her. As they both lay on the couch together, in Maestro’s hopes that maybe…just maybe she would understand before all of this would seem to go to hell. He then proceeded to ask her the question.

“If the day ever came, figuratively speaking…that I ended up lying to you…what would you do?”

Octavia’s eyes enlarged a bit, and she got herself a bit loose in his embrace. She then quickly looked back up at him, thinking about what was going on now.

“What would I do?”

“Yes.”

“Why are you asking such a question? You know I would be hurt if you lied to me, of course I would be, why wouldn’t I be? You would make me lose trust in you that’s for sure, and that I would honestly say that our fairly new relationship would be hurt by lying as well. Nothing good I could say would come out of it. it would truly devastate me.”

After hearing that reply from her, he the began to feel nervous, knowing that him and Vinyl planned it out for them to meet-up at her home once again, and discuss this.

“That response…it’s what I figured would happen.” He thought to himself.

Another twenty minutes had passed until…the doorbell chimed.

“I’ll get it.” Octavia softly spoke, actually beginning to just then get relaxed with him on the couch.

“Hel-…Oh…it’s you Vinyl. What are you doing here exactly? You look like something is bothering you too? Both you and Maestro here seemed to be troubled by something today, that’s awfully strange on the same day you know.”

“It’s concerning something Octy…and it might be time to just get it over with I think.”

Octavia was still confused; as she then looked back at Maestro get up off of the couch, making his way over to Vinyl.
“May me and Vinyl speak in private for a minute? There is something we need to tell you Octavia…and it’s…”

“It’s what? What’s going on, I don’t understand you two?”

“Why don’t you just chill out on that couch or something, okay?” said Vinyl.

“Well…okay…but again? Not quite sure what’s going on, but I…”

“It’s fine Tavi…now excuse us please.”

“O-of course Maestro, take your time.” Confusion could now be heard filling Octavia’s voice.
Maestro and Vinyl then head into the kitchen to whisper to each other what they need to say; knowing that getting this off of their chests would end it, but chances are this was not going to be a good experience in the least for any of them in the slightest.

Octavia watches both of them make their way into the loving room, now standing in front of the confused mare.

“Octy…there’s something I should’ve actually told you weeks ago.” Vinyl looked down at the floor.

“Oh? What might that be?”

Vinyl looked back up at her, then back at Maestro, as she then sighs and takes in a deep breath.

“I…I have feelings for Maestro.”

Octavia now didn’t like where this was going, as she then got up off of the couch standing in her direction.

“G-go on?” her voice was not filled with intrigue.

“I told him about it…and…well…”

“He did what Vinyl? Tell me.” her voice now sounding like it was transitioning over into a demand from her, she then looked back at Maestro with a very bothered look.

“I began to have feelings for Vinyl as well.” he added.

Octavia’s eyes then glared at him in shock.

“You have what for her?” Octavia now began raising her voice at the two of them, not believing what she was hearing.

“I’m sorry Octy, but could you allow me to explain?”

“I almost want to stop you where you are…but whatever, go ahead.” Octavia then gave Maestro a very disappointed look of anger in the face, but with sadness too.

“Well you see Tavi.”

“Maestro…I’ll handle it okay?”

“Okay whatever…fine.”

Vinyl then faces Octavia once more, as she took a few more steps closer to her.
“Octy, here’s the story short and sweet…well maybe not too short.”

“Don’t play games with me Vinyl, I would honestly like you to leave immediately, and let me give Maestro a good long talk myself. But I am atleast willing to hear you out of good faith that you will deliver in explaining yourself to me. You’ve hurt me Vinyl! You’ve hurt him and me both! You’ve hurt all of us, including yourself from gaining this!” Octavia stated frustratingly.

“I know, I know, and I’m so, so sorry Octy…just please let me explain it?”

Octavia gives off a sigh, and then faces her back towards the both of them.

“Octy, look…it was that day when me and him were down at my place. You know? How I introduced you to myself when you visited Ponyville that one time, you remember?”

“Sure whatever…continue I suppose.”

“So yeah, I told him when we were both in my place, and telling him that I had never known what it felt like to be kissed by somepony. You have any idea how ridiculous that sounds to him, you, and me also? It sounds ridiculous, yes, but he at first didn’t kiss me because he had feelings for me Octy. It was because he just wanted me to be happy is all…that’s all.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes, it is.”

“That’s all?!”

“Uh…Octy?”

“Don’t you call me your Octy anymore, I’ve heard enough of that story. I’ve had to deal with one jerk already that called me by that name…that stupid name!”

“T-Tavi.”

“You’re not in this Maestro, this is between me and her!” Octavia states angrily.

“I have been hurt enough in my life, and now I know that you’re trying to take him away from me? How dare you! Just how dare you!”

“I know Octavia, and I feel like a total idiot now that I even brought it up with him. I’m sorry okay?”

“No Vinyl…this…this little friendship of ours is over.” She then looked away from Vinyl, then looking at Maestro.
“As for you Maestro…we’re through as well…get out.” She tried her best to speak it in a neutral tone as best as she could without getting emotional.

“B-but Octavia…please…surely you can hear me out a little more?”

“No Vinyl, get out…now.”

She then pointed her hoof towards the door, as Vinyl with her head lowered and ears down, made her way out of her house, and out for good it seemed now.

“G-goodbye…Octy…” her voice could then be heard with a sniffle from her nose, like she was now silently crying tears. The door then closed, feeling like this was their last and miserable day together as good friends.

“As for you Maestro, I already told you to get out.” Octavia continued pointing, but now seemed to be turned away from him, as she then brought her pointing hoof down to the floor.

“Octavia…please her me out atleast…don’t you lo-”

“No Maestro…you’ve…you’ve honestly…” she then brought herself to the floor and began crying.

“Why would you do such a thing? Get together with her behind my back? I trusted you as a very good friend, and then something even more. But now it seems you’re just a traitor to me.”

“Octavia no, I’m not what you think.”

“That’s nonsense, I don’t want to hear it…please…no more!” She cried out to him.

Maestro’s eyes began to have tears begin forming in his eyes too, holding them back was now certainly no easy task with somepony as gentle, lovely, and as amazing of a mare as she was to be with. But because of his temptation, his idiocy…it destroyed what he had with her.

“Octavia…please…”

“Get out!” she shouted to him with tears in her eyes.

Maestro now feeling brokenhearted by his betrayal he had performed unto her, along with lying and keeping it away from her. He as well felt that this would be the last time they would ever see each other again…does any hope at all linger between the three of them? Or is this the end of a life of happiness? What will now become of Octavia, Maestro, and even Vinyl Scratch? Maestro then seemingly for the last time…closes the door to her home, a closed door seemingly to a life of happiness, love, passion…and of friendship.

PreviousChapters Next