• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Sixteen- The Last Song

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 16- The Last Song:

Another two weeks had passed, and Maestro had now been depressed ever since then it seemed. His parents were trying to help him in anyway they could, but he didn’t want it. Vinyl Scratch was feeling the same way, and even at one point, wanting to get rid of all of her equipment to end her career and just start fresh in life again. As for the beautiful Cello player of Canterlot known as Octavia…that now remains to be seen. Or has the last song already been played?

The day begins on a rainy and overall terrible day; thunder can be heard in the sky, but no lightning, thank Celestia. Wind was calm though, and there was hardly anypony out on the streets today. Everypony was inside, so concerned about how wet they would get it seemed. Maestro knew what Vinyl had meant now, some of them were nothing but selfish inconsiderate jerks only caring about their money and themselves it seemed to him.

“Damn Canterlot…I hate this place!” he shouted.

“Honey, please, why don’t you come out of there?”

“Leave me alone Mother!”

His dad’s heavy hoofsteps could be heard approaching his doorway. He heard faint muffling of their voices outside of his door, as he then heard his mother head downstairs.

His father then knocked.

“Do I have permission to come in?”

“No, leave me alone.”

His father then opens the door very slowly anyway. Maestro wanted to honestly then throw something at him, but it would only get more trouble caused at there already was.

“I’m sorry about what happened…I really am. Atleast I was willing to hear you out on the story, and I say it can be dealt with.”

“No it can’t…she’s gone now, and now I feel like utter crap.”

His father then sits beside him in the floor, putting a hoof on his shoulder.

“Son…do you mind if I do something I don’t ever recall doing for you before?”
Maestro wondered what it could be, but at the same time he was being smart with him.

“What? Give me money again? Is that all of you Canterlot ponies can do?”

“W-what?”

“You heard me old guy! Don’t you realize that money can’t buy-”

“I know it can’t Maestro, I know the pain you are indeed feeling within you. I am not you, but it seems quite cumbersome indeed to be feeling the way you are right now.”

His father then gets up with him, and does something Maestro was then lost for words…he was hugged by his foster father for the first time ever.

“I never got to do this for you…I’m very, very sorry. You’re right; money cannot and shall not buy love from their own sons and daughters. I love you my son.”

Maestro had never heard his father react and talk to him on such a personal level, as he was lost for words at that moment.

“Listen son, I was in a very similar situation that you are currently in.”

“R-really…you don’t say? I am so intrigued, please tell.” Maestro replied sarcastically, but his father not phased by his smart-butt attitude. Knowing how bad he felt.

“Son…my ex broke up with me on the same thing you know…very similar in fact, except for you and that Vinyl Scratch girl, I was the first one to be tempted…and not the other mare I was with like for you.”

Maestro kept quiet, implying for him to continue.

“However, something terrible did in fact happen just weeks after it occurred.”

“What?”

His father then looked back at him with a sad look on his face.

“My…my girlfriend. She…she killed herself.”

Maestro could then hear his father trying to hide his feelings, knowing it must have been a terrible experience.

“The other one I was attracted to moved somewhere very far away from where I was, she never said where she was going. Then we never saw each other again.” he then looked back to his son, stating something that for some very strange reason might in fact have a possibility of happening.
“History certainly can repeat itself to those who do not know the past…which would be you.”

“What are you saying dad?”

“I’m saying…don’t let her…”

“Don’t let her…wait a mome-…” he then paused and thought for a moment.

“No…no surely she wouldn’t think of such a thing?!”

“As I said before, history is destined to repeat itself to those who do not know it.”

“Listen Maestro, after you even told me stallion to stallion in private about her ex boyfriend, and then her family, she had certainly been hurt enough already. But this…this isn’t making it any better…you need to go.”

“Go where dad?”

“I do not know where she could be…but I have known this for too long in my lifetime, and are wise enough to tell you to find her now…before it is too late. She is broken, very broken Maestro…it is now up to you to fix it.”

“But dad, it’s over.”

“Not unless you let it be over. She will understand…if she’s even around that is.”

“Dad, don’t think like that.”

“It’s the cold truth, she’s honestly one of the most broken hearted mares I’ve ever heard about. She’s lost her family, forced to kill her ex boyfriend in self-defense, then being traumatized for a while by it, and then there’s you, one she actually felt connected to. But what did you do?”

“I betrayed her.” Maestro then looked off.

“Yes, you did, and that was very wrong of you son…very wrong indeed. But in this kind of heartbreak and hurt that she is now enduring, this could honestly in my opinion finally be affecting her psychologically in a big way now.”

Maestro realized then what his father meant the unthinkable…suicide…the last song of life.

“I have to get to her then.” Maestro then gets up off of the floor; to go out there and find her before the unthinkable could possibly happen.

“Maestro!” his father raises his voice as his son puts on a coat.

“What is it now?”

“Don’t suffer the same fate I have to live from now on with, do not make the same mistake I did…whatever you do. It will haunt you for the rest of your life…now get going…find her!” his father exclaimed to him, pointing to the exit of his bedroom.

“I’m not letting it happen!” Maestro told himself, as he then ran down the stairs, making his way out into the rain.

“Celestia give him strength for what he needs to do.” His father prays quietly to himself.

This moment is now the defining moment of an incredible turn of unfortunate events. Maestro’s will, courage, intelligence, and even logic will be put to the test on what is about to happen. But just what exactly is awaiting him, or is their anything waiting for him at all? Will Octavia be reached in time before she considers the unthinkable after she had been through so much in such a period of time? What of Vinyl Scratch as well? What will become of her in the future, could her psych become the possible end of her or not? It is now a race against time for the sake of him, and for the sake of her very own soul.

PreviousChapters Next