• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty- Las Pegasus

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 20- Las Pegasus:

After the ridiculous and seemingly endless train ride had finally come to a halt, they finally reach it…Las Pegasus.

“Attention everypony, we have reached our destination! Enjoy the wondrous city of lights. Remember, what happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Las Pegasus!” The conductor said happily over the intercom within the train, sounding like he had actually been there before in his lifetime

Maestro is the awoken by the sound of the intercom speaking right above him.

“Er, what? W-why did…oh…I think we’re here.”

Maestro then looks out of his window, and what he saw was a sight he had never seen in his life. A city at night, full of bright lights and spotlights going side to side within the night sky. He had never seen a city so full of life and energy at such a time at this was. It was eleven o’ clock at night, just one hour before midnight.

The bright lights then moments later, woke up Octavia.

“Is it morning already?” her eyes still closed, trying to sleep.

“You can open them Octavia, we’re here.”

She then opens up her eyes, and to the sight of a city she had never seen that was so beautifully decorated in lights before.

“I-is this the place? This is Las Pegasus?” she asked him, as she brought the cover off of her now getting out of her seat to grab her things.

“I’ll take care of your luggage, you just make your way to the exit of the station, and I’ll meet you there.” Maestro replied, grabbing her coat, and both of their luggages as she went on ahead of him.

“Are you sure you have all of that under control there?” she raised a hoof off of the ground in concern towards him.

“What? Pfft, no swe-” A suit case then fell off of the shelf as he was trying to grab a hold of it, falling and hitting the top of his head.

“Ouch! Son of a-”
She giggles at the sight of his pain, couldn’t help but having to help him.

“You’re okay, right?” she giggled again with a hoof over her smile.

“Yeah, couldn’t be better, he-he?” he replied rubbing the top of his head, as he grabbed a bag with his mouth and another with one of his hoofs, then tossing it onto his back.

“Okay, wets wet going.”

“Pardon?” Octavia tilted her head a bit in confusion.

He merely pointed out of the train.

“Oh okay, were you saying let’s get going?” she asked.

“Uh-huh.” He nodded.

“You’re such a great talker, wonderful use of grammar you have there Maestro.”

Maestro then looked at her with a face of disapproval and a small grunt.

“I’m only teasing you, now come on.” She gestured.

Minutes after departing the train, and a final whistle from its funnel, they dealt with the tickets, and they were now on a mission to hopefully manage to find a reasonable hotel room of some kind.

Block by block they continued into the city, carrying their luggage and such.

“Ugh, Maestro, when will we find a suitable hotel?”

“I have no idea, I figured you’d have a better idea about this place than me.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she wondered.

“Well, I’m just saying I figured that you’ve been here before is all.”

“What? In a place such as this…you’re joking right?”

“Uh…yes and no.” he replied with a smile, trying to brighten things up for them. Although they were bright enough considering there was nothing but bars, dance clubs, casinos, and hotels as far as their eyes could see.

“I think we’re going to die by the time we find a reasonable one.” Octavia sighed.

“Yeah…let’s not go there again shall we?” Maestro chuckled to her awkwardly.
After walking about four blocks or so, they found what appeared to be a reasonable hotel.

“About freaking time, goodness.” Maestro then let out a sigh of relief as they entered the hotel lobby.

“You just wait there, and I’ll deal with the room…you do have money with you don’t you Maestro?”

Maestro merely sat there with a blank expression on his face not saying a word.

“I’ll take that as a no. Well why didn’t you bring any?”

“I forgot my money, okay? I could’ve sworn I had taken some with me.”

Octavia then looks to the side of him, pointing him out to a small bag of some sort.

“Then what is that hanging out of your bag then?” she wondered.

He then turns around facing his bag, realizing he actually did in fact being some along, but still not a very big amount.

“Oh…um…well then.”

“Uh-huh, that’s what I thought, Maestro.” She turned back around heading towards the front desk to get a room for the two of them.

Maestro opened up the small bag, and apparently it was a sum of money he had been saving for a little while, a couple hundred bits. But in a place such as this, he’d need to find a way to get more than what he had, which gave him an idea…time to hit the casinos!

After Octavia was given the key to access their room, Maestro immediately then grabbed all of the bags in one swoop nearly breaking the laws of physics and dashed up the staircase without saying a word to Octavia.

“The elevator is right here!” she shouted, but no response.

After Octavia took the elevator up to the top floor, in addition with their room being the last one on the right, she hears breathing coming up the stairs.

“What the…”

Maestro then flies through the door, and almost lands on top of her. She luckily gets out of the way startled a bit by his sudden entrance.

“The elevator is right here.” She got down and whispered in his ear as he lied on the floor a bit out of breath, then trotting her way towards their room down the end of the hallway.

“Yeah, I…I just…oh boy, Celestia give me strength. I…Ah forget it.” he replied out of breath, now getting himself up off of the floor from looking like a fool.

They make it into their room with no resistance, only a lock that valiantly guarded the doorway, but failed miserably. Maestro then set their entire luggage down in the middle of the room, as they proceeded to sort out all of which they brought with them.

“Okay, Octavia, you just sit here in the room, and I’m going down to the casinos.”

“Wait…you’re doing what?” she turned her head towards him.

“Uh yeah, okay I’ll be right ba-”

“Now just wait one minute mister!” she yelled back to him, right before he closed the door between them.

“You’re not going anywhere yet.”

“Aw come on, just one game is all I ask.”

“No, we didn’t come here for games. We came here to set things right with Vinyl.” She replied.

“Then what do you propose we do to find her?”

“I have…no idea really?”

She then turns around facing the large window that overlooked to lightshows and casinos off into the distance and down below.

“I don’t well…really know where to start? We can’t stay here forever you know.”

“I know we can’t, so in the meantime why don’t we go out there and have some fun for once, hm?” Maestro insisted.

“But…I’ve never done something like this before? How should I truly act?”

“You can still act the way you do, you just need to loosen up a bit is all. How about this? I’ll wait on you to get ready, and I’ll get dressed in something myself…how’s that sound?” said Maestro.

“Well…I…hm…I suppose we could for a little while.” She replied.

“Great! Then let me just get dressed out in this.”

“That’s a tux though?” she pointed out towards him.

“I know, we can’t go in there looking the way we do…we need to make a good first impression on them. So whatever good outfit you have, put it on, and let’s get out there.” He stated.

“Well…okay then…just give me a moment.” Octavia then grabs something out of her bag while he doesn’t pay attention to her, almost making it seem like she wanted it to be a surprise for him or something.

“Take all the time you need, I got all night…literally, if you know what I mean?”

“I know what you mean Maestro, it’s nearly midnight at the current moment.” She smiled softly.

After a good ten minutes or so, he’s ready, sitting on one of the couches waiting for her to come out of that bathroom.

“Figures…all mares take so long to dress in anything it seems.”

“Okay Maestro, what do you think?”

Octavia then comes out of the bathroom in a stunning black low-cut dress that seemed to contour her body perfectly. Maestro was dumbfounded at the site, she looked…well…sexy in it, he was thinking to himself.

The dress in addition had tiny sapphire lined across the edges of it and around her collar. She had dark gray eye shadow to match with it above her eyes, as she fluttered them a bit to him to show it off to him. In addition with this, she had a silver necklace with the shape of her cutie mark on it, with matching earrings to go with it that looked perfect on her. Everything about her seemed to just come to life in front of Maestro. The low cut
V-neck the dress had made it even more appealing to the eye.

“It’s um…I was just thinking well, uh…”

“Is everything alright?”

“What, me? Yeah of course I’m fine.”

“Well then, shall we be off then?” as she then stood beside him with those incredible purple eyes she had, which was certainly one of her most fetching features for a mare of her stature.

“Sure, let’s be off…wherever you’re curious about, we’ll check it out.” He replied with a smile.

“Are you sure? Because just to let you know, I don’t always have to be a nice girl you know, right?” she said to him in a bit of a flirty tone.

Maestro’s cheeks then went red, stumped on what to say now.

“Are you blushing?” she asks him with a grin.

“Uh, well…I don’t know…am I?”

“You most certainly are, you’re not feeling nervous now are you?”

“What? No, absolutely not! It’s just a few…or several…or maybe…oh boy…a lot of casinos.” His eyes getting larger with the passing seconds of saying that.

“Well…I bet I could find a way to help you get rid of those nerves then I suppose. You’d just have to give me some time is all to think about it.” she winked at him.

His heart then began pounding in his chest, wondering what she meant by that.

“Surely she didn’t mean what I think she meant by that? Is she…going to…oh my...goodness I hope not. Okay well, maybe not hope not, but…ah I don’t know. Just go with it Maestro old pal, just do what you gotta do.” He thought, as him and her were on their way down the elevator already. Her talking to him just then seemed to make time really fly by for him, as they were already now only a few floors from the ground floor.

The elevator gave a “ding” sound, signaling they had reached the front desk once again.

“Look at who’s making a good first impression, ha-ha!” one classy stallion passing up, Maestro said.

“Uh yeah, he-he…thanks.”

“No problem kid…nice girl too, she’s gorgeous!” the stallion yelled back to him again, right before Maestro and Octavia had left the lobby and out the front door.

Maestro knew he had to fess right up now and make a good impression like he told Octavia, and like he had told himself not to mention.

“Okay Maestro, hit those casinos…get lucky…and find Vinyl.” He thought to himself.

“Well then…why don’t we check out this place over here? Certainly looks classy for its type.” said Octavia as she guided him towards it. Maestro was now about to have a night he would soon never forget…and a night of experimenting let’s just say.

PreviousChapters Next