• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Eleven- Returning The Favor

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 11- Returning The Favor:

It was morning at the hospital, approximately nine in the morning to be precise, and Octavia had woke up from the couch she had fallen asleep on in the room Maestro was recovering in. He was still comfortably asleep from the looks of it too, but she heard some hooves rapidly make their way in the direction of his room. They then could be heard stopping at his door.

The door then slowly opened, and to the sight of his foster parents nonetheless.

“Oh my precious boy, oh my goodness will he be okay?” his mother asks worrisome.

“Yes, he’s recovering at the moment, he’s resting still. May I ask who you two are?”

“We’re his foster parents. I am his father, Revenue, and this is his mother, Diamond Ring.”

“Oh my, so you both are his parents?” Octavia was not expecting this at all.

“Yes, we most certainly are. You’re that lovely pony that was up there with him the night he had won that competition.” Said his father.

“Yeah, I suppose that’s me he-he.”

“Charmed to meet you miss…oh my what’s your name dear?” his mother asked.

“It’s Octavia, pleased to meet you, but I must to be on my way back home now.”

“Oh but why don’t you stay dear Octavia? We haven’t gotten acquainted with ourselves yet?” His mother replied again.

“I know, but I’ve had well…I’m sorry, I should go.” Octavia then excuses herself through the two of them, as she then makes her way out of the hospital, and on her way back home.

“Well that was unfortunate, she seemed like a lovely mare indeed.” Diamond Ring added.

“Well I must be off now, I have to get to work dear, you can stay here with him if you like.” Said Revenue, as he made his way out of the hospital as well, and on to work.

“Oh Maestro, my son, please do get better dear. You may not be my biological son, but I still love you very much.” His mother added, as she remained there seeing him asleep.
Octavia finally made it back to her house, and everything was cleaned up, like it never even happened. The body must have been brought into investigation, and the blood on the floor looked like it was never even there. Finally she thought she could return to her normal life, but it wasn’t going to be that easy for her.

“Okay Octavia, just take it easy now, your home is as it should be.” She said to herself out loud.

Meanwhile now back at the hospital, Maestro was now starting to wake up.

“T-Tavi?” he asked right before his eyes opened up a little, still low in his voice.

“Oh thank Celestia you’re okay.”

“Definitely not Tavi.” He thought disappointed; since he enjoyed that soft kiss she gave him last night.

“Are you feeling okay dear?”

“Y-yes mom, but…but where is she?”

“Where is who? You mean that Octavia girl?”

“Yes, her.”

“I have no idea? She said she needed to be going, but she never said where too though?”

Maestro only knew one place she would be going at such a time, and yet such a simple answer…her house.

“I’ve uh, got to…get out of here so I can get to her.”

“Oh, so she’s your girlfriend I see?”

“No, she’s not my…ugh, that’s not the point here.”

“Surely you wish to be with her for a reason, correct?”

“Yes mother, but I need to tell…her something.” Maestro replied, trying to get up off of his bed.

“Nonsense, you can deal with that later, for now you need rest.”

“Mom, for the love of Celestia I am fine, okay? Now let me leave.”

“But you haven’t been discharged yet though dear?”
After his mother stated that to him, he needed to get a little test done on him before he was free to go, officially letting them know his status has returned to normal.

He certainly lost a good bit of blood that terrible night, and his blood was low anyways, but he was determined to reach her for some reason.

After the check-up and test, he was good to go, but he needed to take it easy on himself.

“Okay Mr. Maestro sir, you’re good to go. Just be sure and take it easy on yourself.” Said the doctor.

“Okay, thanks, and I will.” Maestro quickly made his way out of the room.

“Take it slow deary!” his mother shouted to him down the hallway.

“I will!” Saying that just so he could get them to stop bothering him.

“He’s not listening is he?” the doctor wondered.

“No…no he’s not.”

He was finally out of the hospital, and feeling relieved as ever.

“Ah, finally! I’m out of that boring old place. Now…I’ve got to get to her house.” He then begins taking his time trotting easy down the cobble-stoned streets of Canterlot, knowing exactly where he needs to go.

He needed to reach Octavia for some reason, but why? Has he finally realized that he has the same feelings for her as she does him? Or is his mind still remaining in an indecisive or unsure status? Will something even happen to interrupt what he needs to tell her?

He was beginning to feel a bit slow now as he could see her house in the distance.

“Ugh, stupid blood being low.” he thought; now wishing maybe he really did need to continue taking it easy.

He made it to her door, and luckily it was unlocked, perhaps expecting someone he thought, but didn’t pay much attention to it being unlocked for that matter. But focusing on where she could be at this time in her house?

“Octavia?” he called out, but no response.

However, he could hear her shower running upstairs.

“Of course, she’s taking a shower, what else? No wonder she can’t hear me over that water.” He thought.
He decides to call out to her once more as he makes his way up the stairs.

“Octavia? You there?” still no answer, and now he was starting to wonder about her.

“If this is come kind of game, you’ve got me beat okay? You win.” He added, and still no answer.

He was even right outside of her bathroom, noticing her bathroom door was cracked, but he didn’t want to invade her privacy though.

“Octavia? Are you in there?”

He listened closely to what sounded like she was trying to keep from crying out loud. Her voice could be heard with the usual tone somepony would have if they were crying, but trying to keep it in. She was heard gasping for air as she tried to keep her tone quiet.

“What in the name of…” he decided to then go in.

“I’m coming in there okay?”

He slowly opens the door, and to the sight of her curled up in the corner of her shower stall. She could be seen just sitting there curled up in the corner, as she didn’t even bother to look at him as he entered her bathroom.

“Tavi? Are you okay?” he asked, thinking he needed to be easy on her, since she didn’t look very well emotionally at the moment.

He then saw her Cello on the far end propped up with its bow, gathering moisture on it as the steam was around it.

“Let’s just take this out of here and dry it off shall we?” Maestro took the Cello out of the room, drying it off well with a towel.

“That’ll ruin the precious thing, this is one fine instrument. This one must have cost a fortune.” He figured.

“Oh, right…Tavi.”

He then made his way back into the bathroom, seeing that she hadn’t moved an inch.

Her body could be seen in there, but the smoky glass made her body look blurry to his sight.

“You mind if I open this up here?” He still heard no answer.

Knowing he didn’t hear a thing out of her, only her sniffling and holding back tears, he had to come in there for her.

“Okay, I’m coming in here alright?” he slowly opened the smoky glass door leading into the shower stall, a mere shower you simply stood up in to wash.

Maestro looked at her face, and she looked like she was scared for some reason.

He then drew his head back out of the shower stall to think for a moment as to why.

“She looks pretty troubled by something…come on Maestro think. What can you do for her…oh no, surely she wouldn’t let me do that would she?”

He then realized if he wanted to help her out anymore, he’d actually need to get in the shower with her.

“Well…I suppose it’s not like she would do anything suddenly if I tried to do that. Oh boy…well…it’s worth a shot.”

He then takes off his tie, which was all he was wearing at the time, as moments later he slowly made his way in there.

With the warm water now hitting his back, blocking it from hitting her anymore, he got closer and closer to her, then sitting down beside her as the water made him soaked in just seconds obviously.

He remained beside her for several moments, but she did nothing, only appeared to have tears running down her cheeks, and a sniffle from her every now and then.

He then realized she was still traumatized from last night, who wouldn’t be after something as terrifying as that was? She had to kill her ex boyfriend for Celestia’s sake; otherwise he would end up killing her and Maestro too.

“Oh darn…” he then sighed, realizing what it was all about.

He then gently puts his arms around her, hugging her and slowly and gently rocking her with him as the water continues hitting them both.

“It’ll be alright Tavi…I’m here.”

After a minute or two of continuous effort of trying to calm her down, she then slowly lays her head right under his.




“M-Maestro…” she replied faintly, then barely kissing the bottom of his neck.

“Shh…it’s going to be fine. I’m here, and you’re here with me, that’s all that matters right now okay?” he whispers back to her, as he then kisses the top of her head.

“B-but…H-he’s…”

“He’s gone Tavi…it’s going to be okay, he’s not coming back alright? Just…shhhh…”

Maestro then hugs her a pinch tighter, as the steam then starts to form around them from the warm water.

“D-don’t…let…go…please…” She cries softly into his chest.

“I wouldn’t dream of it Tavi…wouldn’t…even…dream of it.”

Her tears mixed in with the water coming in from the showerhead, as they both for the next half hour sat there together, with Maestro not letting go as she told him to, and his feelings for her then seemed to skyrocket.

After the calming noise of the water around her, and the comfort of Maestro not letting go as he promised, Octavia after a while then began to grow tired.

Her voice could be heard making an adorable delicate yawn, which made Maestro grin a little.

“You want to go to bed?” he asks softly to her.

She merely nods her head a little bit; her eyes remain closed, as her face remains lying on his chest.

“Here, let’s get you dried off now.” Maestro then cuts off the water, as he then slowly gets himself up, bringing her up slowly with him.

He quickly grabs a towel, and begins drying her off…on some parts.

“Uh…why don’t you dry that area off, he-he…definitely not going there.”

She says nothing, and dries herself off around the, “lower areas” of her body.

After a good drying of herself, she then leans herself up against him.

“C-carry me?” she insisted softly and in a tired sounding voice.

“Sure.” He then lifts her off of the ground, as he and her then make their way slowly into her bedroom.
He makes it through the doorway, as then however another request comes from her.

“Over…there.” She points to her bed with just the corner of her hoof in that direction.

“Okay, you got it.”

He knew that ruining or giving her a hard time at this moment wouldn’t be a good thing. So he decided to just go with it to make her feel better. He figured just do whatever she says and she’ll be better.

After he then tucked her into her bed and was then on his way out of the dark room to let her rest, he then heard a third request come from her. This time, it made him start to wonder where this was going.

“M-Maestro…”

He then turned back around facing her in her bed.

“Could you....”

“Could I what, hm?” he replies softly, and slowly making his way back to his bedside.

“A…goodnight hug would be nice…” she slowly closed and opened her gorgeous purple eyes, charming him to a point he couldn’t refuse.

She then brought the covers over the lower part of her face, and now only her eyes and up could be seen of her face.

Maestro knew she must have been feeling pretty lonely; otherwise she wouldn’t be acting like this for a mare of her stature.

“Uh, you mean…you want me to actually hug you in the bed?”

Octavia merely kept looking at him saying nothing.

Maestro knew she must have been feeling pretty lonely and hurt; otherwise she wouldn’t be acting like this for a mare of her stature.

He soon after her saying that got into the bed with her, as she then put an arm around him.

“Um…Octavia? W-what’s going on h-”

She then interrupted his sentence with a kiss that then seemed better than the one last night.

She then drew away from his mouth, as she then had a romantic grin form on her face.

“O-Octavia?”

She then put her hoof over his mouth, as she brought herself in closer to him. She then put part of her face back into his chest.

“I…never got to, well…tell you officially last night.” She faintly spoke.

“Wait…I’m sorry, what now?” Maestro now knew what this was all about; she wanted a friend to be with. But with something happening so terrible in her life, she wanted more than that…she wanted to be loved. A craving for romance is what she desired in her life now, and Maestro made her see that she could make a relationship like that in her life.

“I love you Maestro.” She replies almost in a whisper to him.

“Y…you…love me?”

“You’re a fine stallion Maestro…I don’t see why you’re so confused?”

Maestro couldn’t believe what he was hearing, a mare like her, who knew?

“I…I…don’t…know what to say really?” he replied, struggling a bit saying it but managing from feeling a bit uncomfortable.

“Then don’t say anything…” Octavia then gets over on top of him and passionately kisses him a second time.

Maestro’s heart and mind for his feelings then began to fight its way out of being seemingly clouded by other things.

Octavia’s feelings for him, and infatuation then go on the verge of wanting true romance with him, but not quite there yet.

She and her beautiful purple eyes then flutter a bit closely to his. Staring right into his eyes.

“You have the most gorgeous pair of eyes in Canterlot.” He speaks out to her in a soft tone.

“Surely I have something else gorgeous don’t I?” she implied.

“Perhaps I can show you what else?”

“You’re the musician…so play away.” She then gets up to close her bedroom door and locks it, making it…a true night of love they will never forget for as long as they live.

PreviousChapters Next