• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty Six- Something Is Brewing

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 26- Something Is Brewing:

Morning had now approached, as Celestia’s gorgeous sun now shined down upon the land. The sunlight seeped through the thin curtains within the bedroom containing the two Earth Pony’s sound asleep together. Octavia was partly awake, though still wanting to lie there and snuggle up to Maestro’s warm body. She gently ran her hoof softly across his chest making little circles, and making delicate little kisses across his upper body to slowly but steadily wake him up.

“You were amazing last night.” She whispered into his ear. She couldn’t help but giggle at the sight of his ear twitch from the feeling of her gentle breath sweep across it.

“I…wanna…” his voice faded out again, still wanting to do nothing but sleep. He had been doing overtime that week, so he wanted to make up for the sleep he had lost due to waking up extra early and staying at his workplace hours after his normal work shift.

“I’ll let you catch up.” Octavia then leaned over part of his body as her lips gently met his, but the feeling of his mouth touching hers was something she couldn’t manage to stay away from. His presence felt soothing to her, with the same going for how Maestro felt about her on this too.

Octavia made her way downstairs towards her kitchen, when suddenly; she heard a knock on the door.

“I’m not really expecting anypony at this time. It’s approaching ten o’ clock, but still though.”

She opened up the door, and was met with the sight of a sturdy earth pony from the Canterlot Royal Guard.

“Is this the residence of Octavia Melody and or Maestro?” the guard asked with a stern voice.

“It is the residence of both…why?”

The guard then gives her a sealed scroll.

“Give this to any stallion you know in your life, it’s for their eyes only. If they wish to share it with you then that is their choice. But for now, this is a trying time for Equestria…have a great day ma’am.” the guard then makes his way back out into the cobble stoned streets of Canterlot. Going from household to household doing the same routine.
Something didn’t seem right to her, but she knew she needed to give this to Maestro for some reason, but was still curious as to why though?

She kept looking at the scroll as she was making her way back upstairs to give him the sealed scroll.

“Maestro? Are you awake?” she gently knocked on the door she shut behind her minutes ago.

He was still asleep, but she noticed him moving around a little bit though.

“I have something for you…it’s from the Royal Guard.”

Maestro’s ears then perked up and his eyes began to open. His first sight of her was a warming one, as she smiled at him noticing his eyes starting to open up.

“Hmm…what now?” he stretched.

“Its some kind of scroll, the guard said it was supposed to be only seen by you.” she replied.

“This only for me?”

“No, it’s the same message apparently going to all the stallions in the city. But I don’t know what’s going on exactly?” Octavia walked up to him, getting back onto the bed lying beside him, setting the scroll down and pushing it towards him with her muzzle to look cute for him.

“Thanks, I’ll take a look at this.”

“Can I look at it with you?”

“Well…if I’m only supposed to-”

“Well he also said it’s your decision if you want to share the news with me or not.” She quickly added.

“Well…how about this? After I finish looking at it, then I’ll share it with you.”

“Okay.” Octavia then got back off of the bed once more, and head downstairs to fix something for breakfast within the kitchen.

Maestro then looks back at the sealed scroll, the insignia it was sealed with was a sun and a moon, which looked like it had something to do with her majesty, or was it?
Maestro broke the seal and unrolled the scroll to what truly had him lost for words.

What he saw he couldn’t believe.

“Dear fellow recipient,

Good evening fellow reader and obtainer of this message, I am Princess Celestia. It is to my intention that I must inform you that Equestria is now at war. An old enemy of Equestria has returned stronger than ever, and has begun its movements within the Griffon Kingdom. This old enemy is an enemy I’m sure you’ve heard of before. They are known as The Changelings, and little is known about them, even for me your loving and caring ruler.

This war is occurring right now and as we speak within the Griffon Highlands, and will continue to spread if the Griffon’s military forces do not receive any further aid. Which is why I ask any and all able bodies, whether it be stallion or mare, to answer the call and fight to defend the land we all so very much adore and love. As for the current status of the Griffon Highlands, they are receiving high casualties, but I can’t and will not brief you any further. If this war begins to get out of hoof for many, we shall be conducting a national draft, which means you or somepony else you know shall be joining the fight to vanquish this enemy once and for all.

If you have any further questions regarding this situation, please consult either the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard, Prince Shining Armor, or contact your local Equestrian military recruitment station. Thank you very much for listening to this critical information I must bestow unto you, and that I hope you make the right choice fellow citizen.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia”

The letter ends, and Maestro couldn’t believe what he saw.

“N-no…surely not…we…the land of Equestria…are at war? This is unbelievable!” he thinks to himself.

“I…I have to keep this from Octavia, but what would that make me look like, a scaredypony of a war that isn’t even here yet? Probably so.” He thinks again.

He then forces himself out of the bed, and walks downstairs towards the kitchen. The aroma of eggs and hay bacon strips being made over the stove invited him closer.

“Oh good you’re up, I’m making something for the both of us.”

“Sounds good.” He smiled, but knowing the war is what he was thinking about more than anything else at the moment.

“So what does that scroll talk about, hm?” Octavia asked kindly.

Maestro froze, wondering whether or not to tell her what it said or keep it to himself. Keeping it to himself wouldn’t make the situation any better, and she’d find out eventually anyway if the subject got any bigger.

“Okay Maestro…just get it over with. She won’t like the news, but I have to tell her.”

Maestro then walks over to Octavia and shows her the scroll.

“Do what now? What’s this?”

“Just…just read and you’ll know.” Maestro then gives her the scroll, his hoof slightly hesitating, knowing she would not like what she saw.

Another minute or two had passed, and after Octavia had read the news, she appeared like she had lost her breath momentarily.

“I…I can’t believe it. As wonderful of a land that this is, we’re at war out of all things.”

“I know, I didn’t like it either.”

Octavia looks at Maestro with a sad look beginning to form on her face.

“What’s going on? Tell me.”

After Maestro looked at her through her eyes for a few more moments, he knew what she was thinking.

“Oh Octavia…don’t think like that. I’m not going anywhere, understand?”

“Please don’t go off and do this, whatever you do.” She said, her voice filling with worry.

“Hey…listen here.”

Placing his hoof under her chin and lifting it to face him. Those eyes that anypony would fall in love with, were now staring right into his.

“Again…I am not going anywhere, understand? I am not going to war.”

“Please don’t…just don’t do it. You have ponies here that love you very much, and I am one of them.” she replies.

Maestro brings her close to him, bringing her into his warm embrace.
“It’s all going to be fine, I’m not going to do this, and I am not going to leave you. But there is one thing you could say that I will do.”

“What might that be?” Octavia wondered.

“I’m going to love you every chance I get.”

“You’re too sweet, you know that?” she said placing one of her hoofs upon one of his cheeks. She brings him in a little closer and speaks in a content and lovely tone of her voice. Her undeniable accent made the moment seem better than it already was.

“I’m saying these things because I love you, and that I care for your safety.” she adds.

“I understand your concern, but I’ve already told you what I am going to do, both for you, and for me. But enough of that now, how about we just enjoy the morning together, okay?” Maestro states to her again, kissing her forehead, causing her face to light up just a few moments later.

“Of course, I agree.” Octavia replies, as she then proceeded to set up the table for the two of them to just take it easy for today, letting any and all stress of life float away from them for the remainder of the day, it was the weekend after all. One thing Maestro could look forward to though within the next few weeks, was that his mother, would be arriving there.

PreviousChapters Next