• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 51 Comments

The Strings Of Life - MLPxMaestro



Life is a full broad spectrum of drama and numerous other emotions, but playing the appropriate notes in life can make a lovely sound. Everypony has their dark turns in life, and their happy improvements. But how far will somepony be willing to go?

  • ...
11
 51
 1,057

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twelve- A Wub-erful Visit

The Strings Of Life:

Chapter 12- A Wub-erful Visit:

The sound of chirping birds could be heard just outside of Octavia’s bedroom window, as the warming sunlight from the sun seemed to greet her. Her cracked window also let in a warm aroma of breakfast being made from a restaurant, just blocks down from where she lived. She was still at peace and asleep beside Maestro, who was out cold even at this time. As it has been said before, he isn’t much of a morning person, only gets up when it counts or matters to him.

“Morning sleepyhead.” She playfully whispered into Maestro’s ear.

Her breath as she said that tickled his ear, making it twitch adorably to her, as she then giggled to herself at the adorable sight to her.

Everything seemed entirely peaceful now, until…

“Hey Octavia! Helloooo? This is your good old pal Vinyl, waiting at the door!”

Octavia’s mind then came to life.

“Oh my, what? Vinyl Scratch is here? In Canterlot? Why in Equestria would she travel all the way up here to see me at this time?” she thought to herself.

She could tell she probably needed to go easy on Maestro, and gently try and get him up.

“Hey…Maestro…it’s time to get up, okay? Somepony’s here to visit us…it’s one of my friends.”

Maestro’s ears began to erect slowly, showing he was trying to get himself up, but the other half of his mind still wanted to sleep.

“Oh come now…I’ll even make breakfast, hm?” she speaks softly to him again, she then proceeds to kiss his cheek.

“Come on now, alright? Time to rise and shine.”

There was still no answer from him, as he continued lying there in bed.

“Ugh, fine, I’ll just go open the door for her. I’ll still make breakfast alright? Feel free to join us both downstairs in the kitchen.” She smiled back to him.


Octavia made it down to the sight of Vinyl now rapidly pressing her doorbell, almost on the verge of driving her crazy.

“That Vinyl…” she opens up the door to make it stop.

“If it isn’t my good old pal Octavia! How ya been girl?” Vinyl smiled to her.

“Oh uh, hey…come inside, I suppose.”

She opened the door a bit wider for her to enter comfortably.

“Everything cool here Octy? Haven’t heard from ya in a while?”

Octavia then looked back up in the direction of her staircase, then looks back at Vinyl.

“Yeah, everything’s…just fine. Nothing wrong here.” She looked around the room a bit more, then turning around making her way into the kitchen to make breakfast.

“Okay, well I’m gonna head up to use your bathroom if you don’t mind.”

“Sure, just don’t go near or look into my bedroom, okay?”

“Um, why? Wait a minute…what’s going on Octy?”

“Nothing…”

Vinyl smirked back at her, implying her mind was now at work as to what her friend could be hiding.

“Okay then, I’ll just use the bathroom, then come right back.”

“Okay good…and please wash your hoofs this time, goodness.”

Octavia then brought out multiple skillets and pans, then a loaf of bread.

After Vinyl made her way out of the bathroom, she passed up Octavia’s bedroom.

“Hmm…I guess if she’s not around, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to just take a peek.”

Vinyl then takes off her shades, as she begins to look into the room, and what she saw she couldn’t believe.

“I knew it.” she thought mischievously.

“That girl’s got herself a boyfriend…ooh…and he’s a cutie too.” She said to herself.

Vinyl then makes her way back into the kitchen with a big smile on her face like she was up to something.

“Vinyl? What did you…wait…don’t tell me, I don’t want to know.”

“I most certainly did you little rascal you! You got a boyfriend? Why the heck didn’t ya tell me?”

“Vinyl! I told you not to go into my room!”

“I didn’t go into your room, I peeked. Plus, you didn’t say I couldn’t just take a peek ya know ha-ha!”

Octavia now felt pretty embarrassed at the moment, as she knew she could no longer hide it.

“Okay.” she sighed.

“Okay…you win…yes…I have a boyfriend, happy now?”

“I certainly am, glad you could be honest with me. It’s what friends are for.” She chuckled.

“Anyways, what’s for breakfast? Oh wait, were you fixing…a lovey-dovey romantic breakfast with your boyfriend?” Vinyl’s eyes became bigger as she got a kick out of embarrassing her now.

“Ugh, Vinyl…”

“Okay, okay I’ll chill out then. Mind if I pop a squat here?”

“You could just say you’d like to sit there?”

“I did, I said pop a squat.”

“You and your trendy words and new generation talk, Vinyl.”

“I know right? It’s awesome!” she smiled.

“Anyways, since you already know, could you go wake him up for me please?” Octavia asked, as she was fixing eggs on one of the skillets, with bread in the toaster.

Vinyl quietly makes it back up the stairs, as she quietly sneaks into her room, to catch him by surprise.

“Time to really give him wake-up call.” Vinyl had a plan to make this morning…hers.
She got into the bed with him, as Maestro’s back was still facing her. She said nothing as she put her arms around him then putting her head behind his.

“Tavi…what’re you doing? I thought…you…were downstairs or something?”

Vinyl continued to say nothing, then trying to make an impression of Octavia.

“Maestro?”

“Yes? Also…I never got to tell you about last night.”

“You were amazing too.” Vinyl replied in Octavia’s British accent.

“Your voice seems a bit different, you sure- Ah! What the buck!” he springs immediately out of his bed, after turning his body around to the sight of Vinyl hugging him.

“Who the buck are you! Where’s Octavia?”

Vinyl certainly started off the morning right, for her anyways. She was laughing and kicking her rear legs in the air she was laughing so hard.

“That was so awesome, I loved your reaction! By the way, she told me to get you out of bed.”

“No kidding…”

“Yep, so good morning hot stuff.” Vinyl then made her way out of the room, still chuckling about what had just happened.

“Let me guess, she told you to call me hot stuff too?”

“No, that was my idea.” She winked.

“Uh…okay then?”

Maestro feeling a bit weird now, after apparently being in bed with her friend, he makes his way downstairs to some inviting aromas and smells of breakfast being prepared.

“Looks like she woke you up there…good morning Maestro.” Octavia smiled back to him.

“Oh, Maestro’s his name huh? That means, “master” in Italian right? Interesting, so him being over here last night...”

“Don’t start Vinyl.” Octavia warned her.

“And his name means master…”

“Vinyl…” Maestro added feeling a bit nervous now.

“He was a master of your domain last night!”

“Vinyl Scratch! Cut it out!”

Octavia’s face went completely red of embarassment, looking back to Maestro then looking away. Maestro’s face became red too though as well.

“Your face is as red as my eyes Octy, you must’ve had a good time.”

“I won’t tell you again!”

“Okay I’m done now, sorry…didn’t realize it was such a soft subject here guys. I thought we were all adults here, so why not some adult humor, eh?”

“That may be so, but not today alright?” Maestro added in again.

“Well…yeah okay, I suppose you got a point. But anyways then…how did you two sleep then? See? That’s not a bad question to ask…right?”

“No, that’s a valid question, I slept great as a matter of fact. What about you Maestro?” she looked over to him as she was putting some eggs and toast onto a plate.

“It was fine for me too…until she…got into the bed with me to wake me up!”

“She did wha-…Vinyl!” Octavia looked at her with a stink eye.

“Eh he-he, what? I figured that would get him out of bed, and it worked am I right? Come on Maestro, admit it was pretty clever?”

“It was clever no doubt, but actually getting into the bed with me, and even trying to portray her voice, I didn’t prefer it.” he replied.

“You tried to impersonate me too? How rude of you Vinyl! She didn’t say anything bad to you did she?”

“No she didn’t Tavi. But I’m just going to be getting in the shower upstairs okay? I’ll be down here in ten minutes or so, just need to wash up.” Maestro then makes his way back upstairs to freshen up.

“Okay, but hurry if you can, Vinyl has a big stomach for her size.”

She looks back at Vinyl, as she puts back on her shades.
“What’re the shades for at the table might I ask?”

“Cause Octy…I’m about to dominate this plate…let’s do this!”

Vinyl then went on to immediately start digging into her breakfast that was prepared for her.

Octavia sighed as she watched her eat like the animal she comically was. She may have been a messy eater, but she still found it sort of a funny sight.

“Maybe he really should get down here to eat…that breakfast isn’t going to last long down here with her here.” She thought.

He returned back downstairs, his mane was still somewhat wet, and it ended up getting Vinyl’s attention now. She managed to get a better look at him now, as he looked revitalized and everything. A piece of toast was partially out of her mouth as she looked at him enter the kitchen with a slight smile on his face.

“Oh my gosh…wet mane! Why do I find stallions so cute with that!?” Vinyl thought.

“Now then…you may proceed to say good morning.” He said passing Octavia up, kissing her cheek as he passed by her to fix himself a plate.

“Well now…you’re certainly feeling revitalized. What for exactly?” she grinned back, wiping her mouth and clearing her mouth of food before saying it.

“Um…well…I don’t know, it has something to do with you that’s all I know.”

She then got up out of her chair and Vinyl then noticed her make her way beside him, whispering about something, but couldn’t make out what it was about.

Maestro and Octavia were then whispering to each other about what had happened last night.

“Is it about…” she started off.

“What else? How did you even…”

“Oh knock it off will you?”

“Well you said I was the musician after all.”

“I did, but…oh okay, fine…but I think I had an enjoyable time last night by the way.” She whispered into his ear a second time.

Octavia then kissed in return, and made her way back to the table like nothing happened.
“I heard what you two said you know.”

“What? How?”

Which then cause Maestro to look back to the two of them at the table.

“Relax Octy, have a little fun once in a while. I will be honest; I seriously didn’t hear a thing though. But still…what were you talking about?”

“Vinyl, are you always asking questions?”

“Of course, it pays to be informed once in a while.”

“Well this subject me and him talked about is of our concern not yours, okay?”

“Alright, I gotcha Octy, none of my concern.”

“Yes, it isn’t.”

“Zip my lip.”

“Yes Vinyl, we understand now.”

“Bury the hatchet.”

“Okay you can stop with the metaphors, your point has been made.”

“Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. Wait…don’t ask me how I know that phrase, I swear to you it came to the top of my head just now! But I have heard of this strange thing called a Brony though? I heard they love that phrase!”

“What in the name of Celestia is a Brony, Vinyl?”

“I have no idea…but it’s weird ya know?” Vinyl then went back to eating her second plate.

Maestro then took a seat between the two of them, and silently looked back at Octavia. He was afraid to say anything, wondering if Vinyl would find a way to make a joke out of it somehow.

“I don’t know Maestro, I have no idea of what a Brony might be either?”

Maestro then decided to finally speak up, and start on a different subject.

“So, how about we all do something together today?” he said, as Octavia then facehoofed herself, realizing what he said just sparked Vinyl’s mind on a quest for wubs.
“Fofally man! Wet’s wo out der and find shum mushic?” said Vinyl with her mouth full.

“Vinyl?” Octavia raised an eyebrow to her.

She then gulped her food down.

“Oh right, sorry. I was saying. Totally man? Let’s got out there and find some music to mix up. You’ve never heard of some of the music a play have you Maestro?”

“No, don’t believe I have?”

“Good heavens…no wubs…please.” Octavia then facehoofed herself once again.

“Well, what’re we waiting for? Come on I’ll show ya! It’ll be awesome!”

Vinyl then gets up out of her chair, grabs Maestro’s hoof and tries to bring him with her.

“I’m not done eating yet Vinyl, slow down!”

“Oh…right, sorry he-he. You go ahead and finish your stuff there, and we’ll go out into Canterlot and have some fun. Consider it a little introduction to one of Octavia’s best buddies.” She states, making her way out to the front porch and patiently waiting for him.

“Tavi…how do I do-”

“Just go with her to make her feel better okay? It’s what I did when I first met her, it’s just her way of introducing herself to you is all. But if she tries anything, I’m warning you, she can be a flirt at times. It’s just how she is, she’s an upbeat, wubtastic…oh goodness I just said that word.”

“What? What’s wrong with that word?”

“Its her grammar don’t you see? She gets to you in ways like you never expected.”

“You talk about her like she’s a disease?”

“Oh goodness no, I would never proceed to talk to my own friend like that. Seriously though, just go with her, just be careful okay?” she assured him.

“I understand your concern Tavi, but I will be just fine.”

“Good, then have fun Maestro. But in all seriousness, she’s a good friend to me, and would never let anything bad happen to me. She’s helped me plenty of times in the past of trying to step up for myself, teaching me to be more assertive.”

Maestro nodded in agreement, and proceeded to leave her house. “See you later Tavi.”

PreviousChapters Next