• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 566 Views, 8 Comments

Ponies; The Life of an Assassin - salchanpony



Talented in a great amount of talents, a mysterious mare searches for something, yet not even she knows what it is.

  • ...
13
 8
 566

Chapter 2

A couple weeks later, she found herself in a town that seemed too peaceful to be the scene of an assassination. Truly, she thought, there is no way that she's here, not now... However, as she walked by the sign, she remembered a story that her mother had told her, about a hyper pink pony, always looking for a smile from the village's occupants. Just that thought brought a rare smile to Ruby's face. However, that smile was replaced by a look of curiosity as she saw what looked like a blue... thing bouncing toward her. As the 'thing' got closer, Ruby discovered that it was in fact not a 'thing' but a dark blue filly, with what looked like the fluffiest mane ever, and what had to have been the widest smile ever across its face. Ruby could also hear a faint "Whee, Whee!" coming from the filly. Just before the filly was going to bounce into Ruby, it stopped.

"Yay! You haven't even met me and you were smiling!"

"You... saw me...smile?"

"Eeyup!"

"From way over there?"

"Eeyup!"

"How?"

"With these!"

After saying that, it showed Ruby the binoculars around its neck, which Ruby was sure had just appeared there.

"Thats... creepy... Whats your name?"


"Pinkemina Apple Pie!"

"Don't you have any family to get home too?"

Pinkemina's mane seemed to deflate at the question. "Naw... Everypony in my family is gone..."
"I'm sorry..."

"Thats okay. Thats what all the other pony's are for!" Her mane reinflated as she inhaled. "Whats your name?"

"My name? It's..." Ruby paused for a moment, hesitant to give the filly her real name. As she settled on another name from her mother's stories, she said, "Ditzy. Ditzy Hooves."

"Are you sure?" The filly seemed suspicious, as if she already knew that name.

"Yep."

"Alrighty then." Pinkemina said with another wide smile.

Smiling the best that she could, she decided on how to blend in to this town.
"Maybe you could help me find someone... do you know a pony named Shutterfly?"

"Yep! Follow me!"

The two ponies started walking, or, in Pinkemina's case, slightly hopped, towards the other side of town, towards what looked like a forest. As the pair drew closer, Ruby saw that it was not a forest, but a collection of rods, glowing with a dark purple hue.

"Whats in there?" Ruby asked, already fearing that she knew.

"Gramma Pinkie always told me to stay away from it. She said that her friend made it for another friend, but that was all."

"Huh... okay. Thank you."

Ruby began to think. That glow was magical. She knew that much. The feel of the magic, even back here... it was a powerful spell. All that, plus the color and the young filly's story... There was no mistaking it. This was made by her enemy, in times long past.

"See that tree, there?" Pinkemina said as she pointed towards the collection of rods, "Thats Shutterfly's house. I'm sorry, Miss Hooves... I'm not allowed to go any closer..."

"That's alright. Go have some fun, for me. Okay?"

"Okay!"

As Pinkemina bounced off into the town, Ruby's heart fell a little. She had begun to enjoy the filly's company. It had felt good to not be alone...

She shrugged off the feeling of loneliness as she walked toward the tree. When she reached the home, she stopped for a moment, and listened. Apart from the humming of the magical aura, which she figured was a container, or some sort of barrier, there was nothing. She raised a hoof, but as she was moved to hit the door, a voice came from behind her.
"She's not home."

Ruby flipped around, and saw where the voice came from. It was an aged pony, yellow in color, a soft pink mane and tail complimenting her appearance.

"May I ask your name?" Ruby asked.

"I'm Fluttershy..." She said, her voice trailing off.

"Nice to meet you. I'm-"

"Ruby Shadows. I know you... and why you are here. My grand-daughter is no longer in Ponyville."

Ruby let out a sigh of relief, she wouldn't need to disturb the peace of this village.

"Don't worry, little one. You wouldn't have had to fight here anyway. Shutterbug loved this town, and would have had the fight happen somewhere else."

"Thats good... do you know where she is now?

"Yes. But thats not what concerns you right now. You want to know something else, don't you?"

"How-"

"Did I know? Little one, you can't be with animals your whole life and not learn to read faces!" She said with a soft giggle. "Let me guess... you want to know about the barrier?"

Well, that saved Ruby the trouble of asking... "Yes, please."

"Well, your instincts are correct. This is a barrier, and this is Twilight's magic. She made this for me shortly after she became a princess, in order to protect the forest..." Fluttershy glanced at the magical field, "That used to be here. It used to be for keeping things out, to protect the critters... but not anymore. A few years ago, Something happened to her... She changed who she was, and everything she did. Now this field is a prison. Anypony who defied her, was sent here. She made another next to Canterlot, now this place just sits here, empty."

"You were her friend, right? Do you know anything else?"

"I don't think Twilight changed on purpose... I think there is someone else hurting my Twilight... and I wanna help, but I can't anymore!" She screamed this last part, and burst into tears.

"You can still help! Tell me what I can do to stop her, and I can find out who is responsible."

*sniff*,*hic* "Really?"

"I promise."

"... Okay... Have you ever heard of the elements of harmony, from long ago?"

"Kind of... Weren't they really powerful, and used to defeat evil?"

"Yes. Only certain ponies can use their power, though. Myself and Twilight were two of the six. All the others have passed away. Twilight's element was the base of most of her magical powers. You need to make sure she can't use her element. After that, it will be easier for you to deal with her evil."

"Thank you. Is that all you can tell me?"

"Yes. Give me a minute, I need to get something from inside."

"Okay."

As Fluttershy went inside, Ruby began to look around. The most notable thing was what looked like a gravestone. As she walked up to it, she saw, in faded letters: 'Here lies Angel, A wild, loved friend.' Using some of the magic she learned a long time ago, she made a group of roses grow on the grave, and eventually the flowers lay on their sides as if she had placed them there.

A hoofbeat on the ground alerted Ruby that Fluttershy had returned. Holding a letter in her wing, she said,
"Shutterfly is in Canterlot, alongside Twilight. Please give this to Twilight... and please, help her... please..."
Fluttershy began to cry again, and Ruby walked up to her and hugged her.

"I will. I promise."

As Fluttershy broke off and began to walk away, Ruby began to walk back to the entrance of the town, hoping to see Pinkemina again. However, the friendly filly was nowhere to be seen. Slightly down, she looked towards Canterlot.

"Why, Princess... Why?"

Author's Note:

Yes, Pinkemina is a descendant of Pinkie Pie and Applejack. PLEASE DON'T ASK HOW! Yes, Fluttershy is still alive. I WILL ONLY SAY THIS IS PLOT CONSTRUCTIVE! I WILL NOT ANSWER COMMENTS ON WHY! Also, yes, Princess Twilight is one of the evil forces. AGAIN, PLOT CONSTRUCTIVE! All will be explained in time.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment