• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,521 Views, 22 Comments

Your Gracious Host - Anonymity12



Shining Armor only knows one available mare who can help him with foalsitting.

  • ...
0
 22
 1,521

Day 2

When Shining Armor awoke, he noticed two things immediately.

Firstly, there was a smell. It clung like molasses to the air, manifesting itself everywhere. There was no escape from it. It was a familiar smell nonetheless: Pancakes.

Who's making pancakes this early? Shining thought, opening his eyes with utmost laziness. The Crystal Empire living room was as he had last seen: Rug in the center, crystal coffee table, two plush chairs, and the couch he was lying on. The rays of light that filtered through the blinds danced on the crystals, creating flashes that threatened to blind the poor stallion. He shut his eyes and began to move, when he noticed the second thing.

Something had jabbed itself into his entire back. It felt as if pain was being injected into his hide, almost like some sort of sick experiment. He opened his eyes once again, only to see that there was nothing on his back. The pain he felt was not caused externally.

The bucking couch. Of course. How could I forget? He remembered the numerous times when he and Cadence had fought, almost always resulting in his sleeping-related exile. The couch was the most uncomfortable thing in the whole castle, although he doubted Chrysalis knew that.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the familiar smell of pancakes wafting through the air again. He slowly dragged himself out of bed, the pain finally subsiding when he stood and eased the pressure on his spine. He shifted his body multiple times in place, finally coming to the conclusion that, so long as he didn't move his back, the pain was entirely avoidable. He trudged his way down the hall, following the alluring smell of fresh pancakes.

As he came closer to the kitchen, he began to hear chatting, as well as the sizzling of what was undoubtedly the pancakes. The small talk was easily audible, but he was too tired and too entranced to give a flying feather about what they were actually saying. When he finally entered the Crystal kitchen, he noticed Chrysalis one one side, while the CMC sat at the table. He paid no mind to them, as Queen Chrysalis did not look like herself.

No. Not at all like herself.

She was wearing a ponytail.

"Uhhh..."

"What's wrong Shiny?" Chrysalis asked, her face appearing completely oblivious and innocent.

"Your... Y-Your..."

"My what dear?"

"Your... p-p-pony... t-tail..." Congrats, Idiot, he scolded to himself, you managed to stammer out 3 words because Chrysalis changed her hairstyle.

"...Are you serious?" Chrysalis looked at him with genuine concern in her eyes. She flipped her ponytail around to her left side, watching as Shining's eyes remained fixed on it. She glanced at the CMC, who collectively shrugged and shook their heads. She signed in her frustration.

"Forget it Shining, If you don't like-"

"No no, It's... Cool." Are you trying to get her to think you're insane? He screamed at himself.

"Alright. I'll keep it for now..."

Thank Celestia! You managed to finally form a complete thought you wasted motherbucker!

"...But I think we should have breakfast before you attempt anything possibly dangerous, like levitation." Chrysalis gave him a toothy grin, sticking her tongue out in the process. Shining ignored the obvious insult and nodded in approval, sitting at one of the empty spaces at the table. Five plates of pancakes levitated themselves onto the table, and no sooner had Chrysalis sat down than the CMC had began scarfing them down at record speed.

After taking a bite of the heavenly food before him, Shining Armor managed to form a complete thought and addressed Chrysalis.

"So... where did you learn to cook, Chrysalis?"

"Taught myself. When you have as many kids as I do, you don't exactly have time for lessons. You just trial-and-error your way through everything you need." Chrysalis didn't give Shiny so much as a glance as she spoke and ate her pancakes.

"Miss Chrysalis knows ah lot o' things, Shining Armor!" Apple Bloom grinned to herself in satisfaction, and the other 2 fillies quickly caught on.

"Yeah! She knows how to make beds!"

"And she knows how to teleport!"

"And she knows how to seduce!" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo dropped their grins, swapping them for looks of confusion.

"Say what?"

"Seduce! It's when a mare gets a stallion to like her! Applejack told me so!"

Shining Armor focused his gaze on Chrysalis, who was smiling sheepishly. He never thought that a Changeling could blush such a deep red.

Shining coughed to break the tension.

"So how did you fillies sleep?"

"Like fillies!" said Sweetie Belle, still chewing on the last of her pancakes. Her friends were obviously not pleased with her answer. They exchanged glances of dissatisfaction, although Sweetie herself was completely oblivious, continually chewing on the sweet pancakes.

"Good. We slept good." Scootaloo said.

"Why don't you three go and brush you're teeth now that you're finished?" Chrysalis wore a soft smile, reassuring to Shining and presumably the three fillies, although Shining couldn't tell. After a bit of grumbling, the fillies left the room, leaving only Shining and Chrysalis in the now silent kitchen. He leaned over the table, staring straight into her eyes.

"You are good, Chrysalis. Real good. I can't even get those fillies to listen to what I'm saying on my own. How do you do it?"

Chrysalis shook her head, eventually staring straight at Shining Armor as a response.

"Trade secret, my dear." She put on a playful grin, taunting Shining Armor. Eventually she got out of her seat and made her way towards the living room. Shining followed, keeping his eyes trained on everything except Chrysalis' flank.

"So how was life on the couch?" Chrysalis looked behind her to see Shining's reaction, awaiting some kind of profanity.

"It was about as comfortable as sleeping on a bed of dragon scales." Shining responded without even glancing at Chrysalis, his eyes fixed on the painful apparatus he referred to. The pair made their way to the steps leading to the second floor, climbing them at a leisurely pace. By this point, any communication between the two had ceased, leaving them to make their way through the halls of the Crystal Castle in complete silence. They finally arrived at the master bedroom, the large ornate runes on the doors giving the impression of a ruler. The masterful handiwork had carved the door in many swirls and grooves. Chrysalis opened it without saying a word.

The master bedroom itself was indeed also a product of artistry. The walls were inscribed with various different runes and letters, while paintings hung in the places that were bare. The stained glass window was an easily recognizable memento to Spike, depicting the tiny dragon holding the Crystal Heart, surrounded by crystal ponies. One door stood on the far side of the room, directly opposite the huge bed. Chrysalis made her way towards it, tossing the hair band that held her ponytail onto the bed sheets. Her hair fell back to its usual shape as she reached the door. She turned to Shining Armor, hoof on the doorknob.

"I'm going to get myself ready," she eyed him up and down, "perhaps you should do the same."

With that, Shining was left alone with his thoughts.


I can't believe she gave me grocery duty. Shining Armor grumbled to himself as he made his way through the market district of the Crystal Empire. He gazed among the now-familiar faces of the shopkeepers, who waved or nodded in his direction

What kind of insane, starved pony needs to make 3 grocery trips in one day? Shining's face scrunched up in disgust, imagining an extremely fat pony who took up the entire palace. He continued his slow walk through the street, taking a left where he had twice previously taken a right. With another small bout of walking, Shining arrived at his destination: A new section of the market district.

The slightly secluded area was out of the sun's light at most times, but in the present, when the sun was just past its highest point, the area resorted to opening canopies over every stand. Nonetheless, the air in the small cove was cool and wet, much like a refrigerator. Shining fished a list out of his saddlebag, looking up and down the list. Various fruits and vegetables tantalized him, but he remained stoic, going over the list multiple times before individually identifying each stand he would need to visit. Looking around for a crystal berry stand, another establishment caught his eye.

The word TAVERN was scrawled on a small wooden post next to a small house. Above said post, glowing crystal lettering alerted many crystal ponies to its existence, although Shining only guessed that it meant the same thing. Looking back at his list, Shining decided to put it back in his saddlebag and head for the establishment.

I've had a long day, he reasoned with himself, I deserve some kind of break. Besides...

...One drink won't hurt, right?

Author's Note:

HUZZAH! The story has been DOUBLED!
In all seriousness, I want to apologize for the lateness and relative shortness of the chapter. Just know that it is setting up something for the next couple of chapters, which I promise to make longer (No I don't).

On another note, I was wondering if anyone wished to pre-read for me? I know I can't really offer much except for recognition, but I would prefer to have someone who is both truthful and harsh, As I wish to know exactly what I do wrong, no sugarcoating. Anyone who volunteers will have their profiles and stories read by me, which should only take a few days (weeks).

With that, I bid you guys adieu. Anonymity, out.

Comments ( 13 )

Oh Shining Armor...
Get to bed and bed Chrysalis already, you already know why she stayed and most likely, it will either be, to get you, to own the Crystal Empire or worse, to take power and moving her hive into the Crystal Empire and ruling it, all the while taking you in as a bonus.

But the implication of the CMC there... I think she would rather not have them there.

I'll preread for ya.

Pm me for details.

Also, great chapter :pinkiehappy:

I'll preread for you, just to point out the distinct lack of puns.

"... One drink couldn't hurt, right?"

... Damn it Shining Armor. You're going to get drunk and fool around with Chrysalis. It will end in a glorious threesome and then he is banished to the couch for a month. And the CMC become best friends with Chrysalis, much to Twilight's chagrin. This can only end awesomely. Proceed.

3294874 minus the threesome that is very posible. Cadence is gone for week remember?

3956151
Oh. Right.
Wow. I'd almost forgotten about this story.

3956569 Don't worry, I'm working on it.
Trust me, I'm an engineer
(Not really)

3956688 I won't mind pre-reading, but only to fix grammatical errors. ONLY!

hes so going to get caught ist he?:rainbowlaugh:

Chrisy just keeps on trying on him, even after he's married.
I bet Shining already knew that Chrysalis could seduce.:rainbowlaugh:
Cadence is so going to kill Shining when she gets back.:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

"...One drink won't hurt, right?"
That's what they all thought. And apparently, he is forgetting who is waiting for him when he gets home.

It's been almost a year since you last added to this story. Are you going to continue it? If you need some ideas, I could probably come up with some.

Shining, you god damn idiot... Next thing you know, he'll be drunk and creating a changeling/pony hybrid, and the CMC Changelings will be invading the Gryphon Empire to get their cutie marks in being changeling invaders... What hast thou done!

Login or register to comment