• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 3,286 Views, 222 Comments

The Hacker Pwny - Chetzi



A 19 year old hacker with a troubled past visits Equestria. Will he live there or bring it all down?

  • ...
29
 222
 3,286

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43: Time to fight

“No matter how learned and knowledgeable, how wise and how wonderful, how powerful and puissant, there is always one more sliver of power, one more bit of knowledge, one more secret to be learned by any mage.” -Medivh, The Last Guardian


Today's the day. A whole month passed, or at least most of the month. Chrysalis attacked just a few days ago, and because of that, Twilight and I have been staying up late at night, trying to figure out what Chrysalis wanted with me. I know that today, the unknown pony will attack me because he visited me again in the middle of the night. He told me my time was up. He would strike today. Then, he just left. Just like that, he vanished. I have thousands of questions, and not a single answer.

I was on edge, as it was already afternoon. Whoever was trying to kill me, never specified an exact time, nor a location. So, I was just lying in chair, inside of town hall. The area around town hall was closed off, Celestia herself told everybody in Ponyville it was for 'renovations.' Her, luna, and Twilight were nearby, watching and hiding. They wanted to know who this pony is as much as me. The rest of The Mane Six didn't know about this. I told none of them to try and help me, the last thing I want is for others to get hurt. Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, until it was starting to get dark outside. I clenched my right hoof, while saying,

"Where are you..." A whoosh was heard behind me.

"Right here," said that voice that visited me the night before.

"So," I said, without turning around, "you finally decided to show your face. Let's start with names. I'm Ne-"

(Play this music in the background.)

"I know who you are. But, I suppose it's important to know who I am. My name's Scavell. I need absolution. And you're my ticket. It's not easy to live like I have. NOW DIE!" Scavell charged at me. The sudden attack caught me off guard, and I was sent tumbling forward. "Weak. Pathetic. Get up, and fight." I pushed myself up, and glared at him. A pain stung my side.

"No."

"I SAID FIGHT!" Scavell dropped the brown robe he was dressed in. "Don't make me kill you." At first glance, he looked like a pegasus. But then something on his forehead caught my attention. A broken horn.

"You're an alicorn?" He just looked down.

"Not in the truest sense, not in the same way as the princesses. I'm not proud of what I am, or what I've done. But it doesn't matter. Your death is key." He vanished with a flash of darkness. I scanned the room, looking for anything. A shadow was rapidy moving toward me. I couldn't dodge in time, and Scavell melded out from the shadow and bashed me. He's strong, he knocked me back a few feat. He tried the same shadow attack as before. My mind raced for options. I had more data on that attack now that I've seen it, but I still can't think of a way to counter it.

He popped out of the shadow and hit me again. I struggled to get up. I coughed into my hoof, a few droops of blood coming out. Why can't I think of anything? There must be someway to win, I'm getting beaten up badly. He launched another shadow strike at me. Yet again, I stood there motionless. For the first time ever, my mind was drawing a blank. He slammed into me again, I was sent flying into the wooden walls. I fell out of the wall after impact, leaving splintering wood broken and snapped in the area I crashed into. My back was in such pain, my vision was spinning.

A line of blood crawled out of my mouth. Why aren't the others helping? Why can't I think of anything? I feel... empty. Hollow. Like there's some handicap on my brain. I started to gather magic energy for a spell, but nothing happened. Scavell melded into a shadow again, and shot himself at me. My eyes narrowed, I refuse to get hit again. Once he popped out of the shadow, I uppercutted him as he flew toward me. Everything but Scavell and I started shaking and wobbling. It quickly returned to normal. An illusion, eh? I said,

"I see through this fake environment. The illusion is over."

"Not bad. But you're still my prey here, and only through death will you escape," he responded. He turned into a shadow again, but this was different. He split up into sixteen different shadow parts. They came in all directions, dodging this was impossible. Maybe I don't need to dodge. If I can expel enough energy to disrupt the illusion, I might be able to escape. As the shadows closed in, I shot out as much magic as I could. The effect was tiring, but everything around me started ripping apart. The shadows back away and turned back into Scavell.

The illusion broke, and I could feel my mind being freed, as well as my magic. Scavell stood feet away from from me, his hoof covering his mouth. A dark purple magic shield covered the town hall. The others weren't in sight. If they knew about what I was doing, they would surely try to save me. The fact that they're not here means they either can't see inside, or what they see inside town hall is me doing just fine. I would guess the latter, because with the former, they would be checking it out. So I guess I won't be getting help anytime soon.

"Why don't you just die!" Scavell yelled before charging up his horn. He was encased in a black aura as a small ball of energy grew on the tip of his horn. I could feel the magic, it was that strong. His hair was whipping around from the wind created by his magic. Black electricity struck out from the growing orb. Wait, he didn't have a horn. Now that I look at it, the horn he currenty has appears to be made out of some kind of dark magic. It glowed oddly, and didn't seem to be a physical object.

What the hell is he?! I need to try something now, before he attacks. I used too much energy breaking that illusion, and couldn't redirect something of that power. Unless I can use it against him. I ran over to the town hall's openings that were covered with purple shields. He shot the blast at me. It struck me in a flash, causing me to crash into the magical barricade. A large burn mark was left on my chest, where it struck. I could tell I was bleeding out of a few cuts. I chuckled at his attempt to kill me.

"That the best you got?" I asked him.

"You should be dead! Nopony else has ever survived a direct hit from that! The battle is hopeless! Just lay down and await your inevitable death!" To tell the truth, it wasn't a direct hit. The barricades keeping me in here are made of a type of magic that is more flexible, and easir to manipulate. I used that, and redirected some of the magic flow in front of me. Just enough to absorb enough of the energy ball so it wouldn't be lethal.

Wait, shouldn't he be able to detect what I did? Unless he's not the one doing it. So that means he's not alone. But who? The only one that comes to mind is Chrysalis, becuase she attacked me a few days ago. But why would she be helping him kill me? Grr, too many questions without answers!

"If I really am going to die here, then tell me, why do you want to kill me?"

"I need resolve. I've told you this."

"And will killing me do that?!"

"Yes, it will. How? I can't tell you. You think the world's simple, that everything just 'happens.' You're dealing with forces far greater than you can imagine. It goes above Equestria, it goes above the whole Gruk galaxy. Or as you humans call it, The Milky Way galaxy. I'm just the scout for this planet. And you being alive is interfering with our plans. I will admit that a human being the key for all of this is strange, given their violent history and abnormal stubbornness. But I'm not the one who questions orders. By fighting me, you're risking the lives of everyone in Equestria. If I fail, then they will send somepony else, somepony that can destroy cities with the snap of his fingers. But enough talk, you need to die now." His pseudohorn glowed and started growing a second dark energy ball. I just stood there.

"You want to know something? I don't give up. Send whoever you want, I will defeat all of them. Not for my life, but for my friends. If I die, they won't be the same. I risked my life many times over, just for the safety of my friends. And if I die now, I won't be able to protect the ones I care about anymore." I could feel some kind of new power flow through me, like a fire has been lit. "That is why I'm here. Sure, I could've just left, and never looked back. But I didn't. If I die here, I will know that I failed my friends. And I refuse to let that HAPPEN!" My skin started to glow as I felt the burst of energy course through my veins. I filled my horn with magic. Scavell shot out an orb of dark magic at me. I captured it in a clear shell of magic, and shot it back at him. How did I do that!? I never learned that! Scavell vanished into a shadow, and the shot missed. Scavell chuckled slowly.

"Looks like it's now a fight. Let the games begin."

PreviousChapters Next