• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 287 Views, 0 Comments

The Brunojack Chronicles - Lilynotepad34



A series of One-shots between My OC Bruno and Applejack. Part of The Friendship is Fuzzy Universe... Some Poetry and Parodies included

  • ...
 0
 287

Deeper Than The Holler

“She did what?!” asked Amazon nearly shouting.
“She said she wasn't ready.” said Bruno trying to keep his voice steady and calm.
“Bruno you've been going out for three months. How is she not ready to say it?!”

Bruno sighed sadly.
“Look if she's not ready or says she isn't then I have to take her by her word. She's never been in a relationship before. She's afraid.”

“Afraid of what exactly?” asked Amazon, with a skeptical eyebrow raised.

“I don't know! How bruised do you think my pride is right now? And the worst part was the look of pity when she didn't say it back.” Bruno put his face in his paws.

“Your pride? I think an apple that took a ride downhill on a dirt road filled with rocks sounds about right.”

“You know me so well Am...”
Amazon hugged his friend.
“Look if she's not ready then that's not a no. That just means she can't say it now. It has nothing to do with you. It's all on her.”

Bruno sniffled. “I know it just hurts.”

“I know it does big guy, but remember faint hearts never won fair ladies.”

Bruno smiled. “You always know what to say Am.”

Meanwhile at Applejack's house...
“How dare you?!!” screamed Fluttershy as she burst through Applejack's open bedroom window.
“I beg your pardon? What did I do?” asked Applejack confused at her friend's anger.
“How could you not say I love you to somepony as wonderful as Bruno? Have you no heart? Do you have any idea how much courage it takes to say that?!”
“Yeah I do! Because I don't have that courage! I'm a bucking coward! Ya happy?” asked Applejack her voice cracking. Hot tears spilled out of her eyes. .
The anger faded from Fluttershy's eyes. She laid down on the bed and covered her friend with a yellow wing.
“I'm sorry Applejack. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that. I was so angry that I didn't even think about how awful you must be feeling.”
Applejack stopped crying. “I forgive you. I get where yer comin from.”
There was a knock on the bedroom door.
“Who is it?”asked Applejack.
“It's Pinkie, Rarity, Twilight and Rainbow Dash darling.” said Rarity.
“Come in everypony.” said Applejack sadly.
Pinkie came in first with some saddlebags on her back and a tray of cupcakes in her mouth.
Twilight had some cheesy relationship-help book with her.
Rarity had a carton of ice cream.
Rainbow Dash had an old western movie that she and Applejack loved.
“Dear what happened with Bruno? We want to hear it from you.”said Rarity.
“He took me out to meet some of his friends at a party. He got a carriage so we could travel to the forest. He had some friends who were goin to the party drive the carriage. We..uh..kissed in the carriage and had a good time at the party. Then after the party we were gonna..swim..together..then he said he loved me....”
“Well you said it back right?” asked Rainbow Dash.
“No..I said I wasn't ready to say it and I wanted to go home.”
“Whatever did Bruno say to that?” asked Rarity.
“He said..that it was fine and then he took me home.”
“So you didn't tell him I love you back? Why not? Don't you like him a lot?” asked Pinkie.
“Yeah..I do...”
“So why are you here? Go tell him Element of Honesty!” challenged Rainbow.
“Ah..Ah..I can't..”
“Why not dear? You are simply head over hoofs for one another!” said Rarity.
“Applejack if you're afraid to tell him you can tell us. We're your friends.” said Twilight.
“It's not that...”
“Then tell us what's wrong already!” said Rainbow Dash.
“Alright..I am afraid..I'm afraid if I tell him I love him that I won't mean it. I mean how do I know I mean it? I don't wanna lie!”
“Darling you'll know you meant it because it's what you feel in your heart.” said Rarity.
“Rarity's right Applejack. I don't know much about love but I know its about taking chances because you really care about somepony.” said Twilight.
“Look at me I took a chance and...I am glad I did.” said Rainbow blushing.
Fluttershy licked her cheek. “If it wasn't for Bruno I wouldn't be with Rainbow. He pushed me to follow my heart.”
“Applejack I have an idea!” squealed Pinkie Pie.
“Yes Pinkie?”
“Well if you can't say I love you to Bruno then why don't you sing it?”
Fluttershy smiled. “I think that's a wonderful idea Pinkie. Bruno loves music.”
“I agree! That is a fabulous idea! It would be very romantic if you sang your feelings to Bruno. You should give it a try dear.” said Rarity with a smile.
“Guys that is so cheesy and sappy! Maybe Applejack doesn't like to sing!” groaned Rainbow.
“But Rainbow, Bruno is a romantic guy. Trix told me he loves romance. I think Pinkie's idea is worth trying Applejack.” said Twilight.
“Please, please ,please,pleeeeeeeeeease with a million cherries on top?” begged Pinkie.
“Alright...If you guys really think I should do it, I'll do mah best.”
“Darling I have the perfect design for this occasion! You're going to love it!” said Rarity as she raced off before Applejack could say no.
“I have the perfect song! I found it in my karoke drawer at home!” Pinkie took out a piece of sheet music and a boombox out of her saddlebags.
Applejack looked at the title. “Deeper Than The Holler by Randy Travis. Who the hay is Randy Travis?”

Pinkie winked. “It's nopony I know that's for sure!”
Twilight looked at the lyrics.
“It's a very simple song Applejack. I bet Fluttershy could help you learn it.”
Fluttershy looked over the unicorn's shoulder.
“Oh yes. I would love to help you.”
Applejack smiled. “Well we best get started then!”
One Week Later
“Darling you look gorgeous! Bruno won't be able to keep his eyes off you!” said Rarity with a giggle.
“It's really nice Rarity. Thank you for makin it for me.” replied Applejack.
The orange pony wore a black dress with three red sequin apples right over her cutie mark.
“There! All set! Now for the finishing touches.” Rarity opened a trunk and took out a black velvet cowpony hat and black boots with red sequin apples on the side.
“Wow Rarity..they're amazin. Thank you so much.”
“I'm so glad you like it dear. It's my favorite outfit I designed for you.” said Rarity with a warm smile.
“Well it sure is somethin.”
“It is isn't it?”
“Eyup. When's Bruno comin over?”
“Soon enough that its time for me to leave dear.” and so Rarity left.
Applejack had made Bruno's favorite vegetarian dish: Spanish Eggplant Salad. She had made apple fritters for dessert. Bruno was bringing over a bottle of Alice's Orange Cream Punch. There was a knock on the door. Applejack straightened her hat in the mirror and opened her door. There was Bruno dressed in a red silk shirt, a black cowpony hat and a matching black vest. He had a bottle of punch and a banquet of white roses in his paws. He looked so handsome that Applejack was dying to kiss him but she held back when she saw the cold guarded hurt look in his chocolate brown eyes.
“Won't you come in Bruno?”She asked.
“Yes thank you Applejack.” Bruno's voice matched his eyes. Cold and hurt.
“I made dinner for us. I heard from Trix that Spanish Eggplant Salad is your favorite dish that we can eat together.”
Bruno raised an eyebrow. “It is. Thank you.”
Applejack internally winced at how formal he sounded. “Have a seat Bruno. There's somethin Ah have to tell ya.”
Bruno sat down. “I'm listening.”
“When you said you loved me, you took me by surprise. I didn't know what ta say. I panicked. But I panicked cause I was afraid of sayin I love you and not meanin it. I didn't wanna lie to you. So here's how I really feel.”
Applejack pressed a button on her stereo. A country song began to play. Bruno's eyes flashed with recognition as Applejack began to sing:
Well I've heard those city singers singin' 'bout how they can love,
Deeper than the oceans, higher than the stars above.
Well, I come from the country, and I know I ain't seen it all.
But I heard that ocean's salty, and the stars, they sometimes fall.
And that would not do justice to the way I feel for you.
So I had to sing this song about all the things I knew.

My love is deeper than the holler.
Stronger than the river.
Higher than the pine trees growin' tall upon the hill.
My love is purer than the snowflakes,
That fall in late December.
And honest as a Robin on a springtime window sill.
And longer than the song of a whippoorwill.

From the back roads to the Broadway shows with a million miles between,
There's a least a million love songs that people love to sing.
And every one is different, and every one's the same.
And this is just another way of sayin' the same thing.

My love is deeper than the holler.
Stronger than the river.
Higher than the pine trees growin' tall upon the hill.
My love is purer than the snowflakes,
That fall in late December.
And honest as a Robin on a spring-time window sill.
And longer than the song of a whippoorwill.

My love is deeper than the holler.
Stronger than the river.
Higher than the pine trees growin' tall upon the hill.
My love is purer than the snowflakes,
That fall in late December.
And honest as a Robin on a spring-time window sill.
And longer than the song of a whippoorwill.
A Whippoorwill

Bruno smiled that smile that reserved only for her. “Thank you.”
Then he kissed her. In seconds they were on the couch. Bruno's lips were on the pony's neck. His shirt was unbuttoned all the way. Applejack touched the muscled chest before her. She felt a thrill to feel Bruno's body under her hoofs. Then, suddenly a growl erupted from Bruno's stomach. Applejack chuckled. “Hungry?”
Bruno turned the color of his shirt. “Maybe just a little bit...”
Applejack kissed him sweetly and said “Put yer shirt back on and let's eat then.”

And so they did.

Author's Note:

I thought Applejack should sing a cute little country song. So I came up with Randy Travis's Deeper Than The Holler. If you haven't heard it yet listen to it. It's a really sweet song.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment