• Published 3rd Aug 2013
  • 5,751 Views, 87 Comments

Dreaming of Reality - Serina



Chrysalis and Luna have been dating for some time now. It's time the others knew about their relationship.

  • ...
11
 87
 5,751

Going Out

Chrysalis and Luna sat on a couch, both ponies holding ice cream cones. Chrysalis gobbled her ice cream down viciously. “That was delicious! What was it called again—” She held the side of her head. “Ow! Headache! Luna, quick, I think that thing I ate was poisoned!”

Luna giggled and licked her ice cream cone. “It’s called ice cream and no it wasn’t poisoned, you simply ate it too fast. It’s called having a brain freeze.”

Chrysalis groaned and rubbed her temples. “Why didn’t you warn me?”

Luna began chewing on her waffle cone. “I didn’t realize you would go off and eat it in one gulp.”

Chrysalis sighed and hopped off the couch. She trotted into the kitchen and levitated a cup under the sink and turned it on. She turned the tap off. “Do you want any water?”

Luna licked the drops of ice cream off her hoof. “No, I’m okay.”

Chrysalis levitated the cup of water onto the coffee table in front of the couch and sat back down, leaning on Luna’s shoulder. “It’s so nice of you to visit so often.”

Luna brushed Chrysalis’ hair. “Come now, Chrysalis, you have to admit you’d be a lot happier out in the open, in the castle.”

Live in the castle. With Celestia? No thanks. Chrysalis huffed and buried her face in Luna’s fur. “No.”

Luna sighed. “Please?”

Chrysalis groaned. Don’t give me the puppy dog eyes. Don’t give me the puppy dog eyes.

She looked up at Luna, who had big blue eyes and a pout on her face. Damn it. Chrysalis tried her best to smile. “I don’t want to live in the castle, Luna. This apartment is super nice, isn’t it? Close to the castle, you get to visit often, it even has air conditioning! Besides, we can go outside all the time if you want.”

Luna frowned and crossed her forelegs. “I meant go outside as yourself.”

Chrysalis threw her hooves over her face with a groan. Why me?

Luna huffed in frustration. “You’re being stubborn.”

Chrysalis folded her forelegs and frowned. “Am not!”

Luna pointed an accusing hoof at Chrysalis. “You are too! You have to get out of this place eventually, Chrysalis. You’ve lived here for three whole months!” She waved her hooves around. “This, is not the life you need to be living, in this stuffy apartment. You need sunshine, fresh air!”

Chrysalis sat up and leaned on the other side of the couch. Her hoof resting against her cheek. She doesn’t know what she’s doing. Asking me to do this, to go out there as... Me. Chrysalis sighed. “I do go outside.”

Luna frowned and rested a hoof on Chrysalis’ shoulder. “How many times have you gone as yourself then?”

Silence.

Luna sighed and leaned over Chrysalis, her chest resting on Chrysalis’ back, her hooves wrapped around the changeling’s waist. “Just, one date? Please?”

Chrysalis felt the warmth of Luna’s fur against her back, Luna’s hooves brushing against her tummy. Luna’s lips met Chrysalis’ neck. Chrysalis sighed and closed her eyes. I’m going to say yes, aren’t I?

Luna nibbled on Chrysalis’ ear and whispered. “Please?”

Chrysalis felt her blush deepen and sighed. “Fine.”

Luna squealed in delight and hugged Chrysalis tighter. “Yay! I can't wait to take you to dinner! I’ve wanted to wear my dress for months!”

She gasped. “We have to get you something for tonight! I know the perfect place!” Luna jumped off of Chrysalis and bounded towards the door.

Chrysalis’ blush faded and she sat up. “Tonight?”

Luna turned and nodded, wrapping a black scarf around her neck. “Mhm! Grab your coat, girl. We’re going shopping at the very best!”

Chrysalis got off the couch and stretched. Fine, I’ll play along. Whatever little Canterlot shop she wants to go to I’ll go to. She enveloped her light green coat in a green aura and slipped it on, the buttons clicking into place. “Now where is this place you—”

A loud pop followed by a blue flash interrupted her.

Another pop followed by a flash caused Chrysalis and Luna to land in a room, surrounded by mannequins, all dressed in fancy attire. Chrysalis' hooves felt heavy, she shook her head, the room slowly coming into focus. What the—

She turned her head to the sound of Luna’s giggles. Chrysalis groaned and rolled her eyes. “Warn me before you do that next time!” She shook her head and looked around the dress shop. Pink, it was everywhere. “Where are we...”

Suddenly a unicorn rounded the corner, fabric floating in a blue aura. “I’m so sorry, darlings. I didn’t realize—” She turned, her blue eyes laid on Chrysalis. The fabric dropped out of the air and her already white face paled. “Ch-ch-changeling.” She swooned and fainted.

Luna gasped. “Oh my, I suppose I should have warned her.” She trotted over to Rarity, who was passed out cold on the floor.

Chrysalis stood there, her eye twitching. Did she... Did she just bring me to Ponyville? Home to all six elements of harmony, not to mention one is right in front of us. Chrysalis groaned and looked at Rarity who was now leaned up against the wall, Luna fanning her. Shit... She did.

“Why in—Why? Ponyville? Of all the places, you pick Ponyville to get my dress made?”

Luna shrugged and grinned. “What can I say? She’s been recommended countless times. I just forgot about the whole, you know, them still thinking you’re evil, that’s all.”

Chrysalis face-hoofed herself. That’s all? I have no army, no protection, and you bring me to the place where a mere six ponies can defeat me? Luna, what were you thinking! Chrysalis inhaled deeply. I have to calm down. Luna was looking forward to tonight. I can’t screw this up just because I could get blasted to who knows where any second. She breathed out and smiled at Luna. “Well, if she’s the best them I’m sure the dress will turn out wonderful.”

Luna beamed and continued fanning Rarity. “I know it will!”

They continued chatting, unaware that a small purple dragon was staring wide-eyed through the window. He ducked under the window sill and pulled out a pen and a scroll.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Chrysalis is back and she’s holding Princess Luna and Rarity hostage in Carousel boutique. Send help right away.

~Spike

He rolled the scroll up in his claws and with a puff of dragon fire, it dissipated into smoke, heading towards Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Just a little taste of what is to come. ;)