• Published 26th Jul 2013
  • 864 Views, 1 Comments

Scattered Thoughts - Coyote Mustang



It's said that Genius and Insanity are two sides of the same coin. Twilight's coin has just flipped.

  • ...
1
 1
 864

Three Months Later

Celestia made her way into the royal library, her student’s favorite place to be when she needed to be alone. She gazed upon the countless shelves of books that contained most if not all of the knowledge the world they live in had to offer. Celestia found herself in a bookworm’s wonderland, it’s paper contents threatening to spew out and engulf her. she was so enthralled in the books that she failed to notice the stack of books she ran into, causing her to stumble.

Celestia righted herself, and found a pony in the midst of the chaos that was the towers of books in the library. Twilight sat staring at the book in front of her, her eyes scanning the information it held. She soon moved onto another book in her circle of books, her eyes scanning it just a quick.

Celestia gave a soft smile as she sat next to Twilight, and she soon found herself reading along with her. They sat and read for the next few hours, Twilight and Celestia never exchanging a word. Soon the sky began to darken and Celestia knew it was time for Twilight to return to the hospital, of another round of treatments had been scheduled for the next day. Celestia soon wrapped Twilight’s form in her magic and warped the two of them to Twilight’s room in the hospital, a soft padded room without a sharp object to be found. The walls were magic proofed, and the door held the same enhancements as the walls. She placed Twilight's form on the bed she used and with a soft kiss bid her good night.

Celestia walked out of the room with a sigh, and noticed the guard she had posted for duty tonight stood vigilant in his stance.

“Lieutenant Stormwind, how are you this evening?” she asked in a soft tone.

the Lieutenant snapped to attention and saluted the princess, “Everything is optimal, your Highness.”

“At ease Lieutenant, its OK for you to speak your mind. Now how has it been guarding Twilight for the past few days?”

Stormwind gave an uneasy smile as he looked the princess in the eyes.

“Your highness, is there any progress being made in helping Miss Twilight?”

Celestia’s smile faded as she took in his words. She knew they were doing all they could, and she knew he held the same thoughts, but the unease that had settle told them otherwise. She placed the same uneasy smile Stormwind held and gave a soft nod.

She bid him a good night and slowly made her way to her room. She glanced out the window and admired her sister’s night sky. Celestia’s eyes began to tear as she thought of Twilight and her abilities in helping Luna grow accustomed to modern society. Celestia began to cry loudly as she watched the moon rise for the third month and she soon fell into the same tear induced sleep she had grown to loathe.

Celestia opened her eyes to the world as the sun began to rise, and she saw the thing she most wanted in the world to have again. Twilight lay next to her, her eyes still in the midst of a dream, her fur soft against the princess’s, the way they had been when she had first moved to the university. She reveled in the touch she had and soon found comfort in Twilight’s soft snores. Everything was as should be, and Celestia knew it wouldn’t last.

Celestia’s eyes opened in an instant, the dream she was having disrupted by the alarms from the hospital going off again. She gave a soft sigh to a dream-scape wasted and swiftly took off towards the hospital and to another night of Twilight’s magic fueled mania.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment