• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

Put Trust in Fate - Immortal DJ Atom



A changed Nightmare Moon must save Equestria from the Changelings after all other lines of defense.

  • ...
 3
 432

Chapter 1: A Mission

I rolled over in my bed. Something was bothering me. Nightmares, the things I once controlled. It was of me on some gallows, getting ready to be hanged. Most ponies were trying to hit me with stuff, and were cursing at me, but not everypony. Six ponies were trying to make sure I wasn't hurt.

One pegasus mare was cyan blue with a rainbow mane and tail. The next pegasus mare was yellow with a pink mane and tail. A white unicorn mare with a violet mane tail was at my side. To my other side was a lavender unicorn mare with a purple mane and tail. Down in the crowd, there was an orange earth pony with a yellow mane and tail and a cowpony hat. Finally, there was a pink earth pony with a cotton candy like mane and tail.

I knew who they were. The Elements of Harmony. They knew my secret, but they still defended me.

"She deserves to die a fucking horrible death!"

"She didn't do anything wrong! She's changed and has learned from the error of her ways!"

"It's her sins!"

"She was fuelled by evil back then. Now, she's not!"

All of a sudden, a indigo mist went around, killing the Elements of Harmony, but not everypony else. The mist began floating towards me at high speed. As it was just hooves in front of me, it stopped. A face came out of it. Mine!

"YOU HAVE TO EMBRACE YOUR PAST WITH OPEN HOOVES! THIS IS WHO YOU ARE!"

At that point, I shot up in my bed, breathing quickly. I looked around to see where I was. My bedroom. I let out a sigh of relief, but in my dream, it felt like I was being watched by a real pony. Not only that, but that pony was inside me. Dreamwalking.

I didn't know much about dreamwalking besides it takes very strong magic, and you can interact with whoever's dream you are in. I got up and started walking to my study. I looked for any books under dreams and powerful magic to see if I could anything on dreamwalking, but I didn't find anything.

Wait, didn't I dreamwalk a couple times when Luna and I were one? Whenever somepony dreamwalks, they become whoever is the most like them in the dream. Could that be Princesss Luna?

----------
A COUPLE STREETS DOWN

A white alicorn walked to her balcony on her bedroom tower. She had a flowing, pastel colored rainbow mane and tail. Her cutie mark was of the sun.

Here comes another morning she thought

"Tia, her nightmares are worse than ever."

Celestia jumped a little at how here sister had gotten into her room without being noticed. She was dark blue alicorn mare with a flowing blue mane and tail with stars in them. Her cutie mark was of the moon.

"Moonstreak's?"

"Yes, sister. She had a nightmare once again. It was a strange one. I just happened to start dreamwalking as the nightmare began."

"What happened?"

"She was almost hanged. Ponies were throwing stuff and cussing at her. The Elements were protected her, but the mist she used to turn into attacked and killed them. it went up to her, and her face appeared in it. It started yelling at her, but I couldn't understand it. Anyways, how is Twilight's research coming?"

"Good, but she needs more help. Spike is helping as much as he can, but he's only a baby dragon. I think Moonstreak can help. She is, after all, skilled with portals to alternate universes."

"I too believe that Moonstreak can help, but if you send her, you should tell Twilight to keep her eyes open."

"I also believe that moonstreak is Nightmare Moon, but she is also my student. I believe that my students are not evil, with the exception of Sunset Shimmer."

"Okay, Tia," said the younger sibling before the two regents lowered the moon and raised the Sun.

----------
BACK AT MOONSTREAK'S

I let out a sigh as I continued to flip through my book. I was hoping to find something that I missed, but I didn't.

DONG...DONG...DONG...DONG...DONG...DONG...

I looked up at the clock on the wall as it marked six o'clock. I looked out the window as I saw the sun rising. It was an amazing sunrise as always. I levitated my books back to their places on the wall. Time to go visit Princess Celestia.Not knowing what to expect, she packed some quills and ink.

----------
AT THE PALACE

"Moonstreak. I want you to go to Ponyville to assist my other student, Twilight Sparkle and her dragon assistant, Spike. She's working on a experiment to find a way to alternate universe."

"Really?" said Moonstreak. She had just arrived at the palace, and the princesses were giving her mission.

"Yes," said Luna.

"I won't let you down!" I said excitedly.

"Good luck, Moonstreak.."

----------
AT PONYVILLE

I hopped off the train before looking around. Not much has changed since the last time I was here. Twilight was supposed to be here, but if she is working hard, she'll probably not be keeping track of time. Looks like I need to go to her library by myself.

Comments ( 2 )

I have a good feeling about this story.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

It's been out for less than a day, but It's already got two likes.

2865366That's were I got the idea. I'm a huge Past Sins fan, but you'll see some differences as time goes on. There are some differences up know, like she isn't under Twilight's care.

Login or register to comment