• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

Put Trust in Fate - Immortal DJ Atom



A changed Nightmare Moon must save Equestria from the Changelings after all other lines of defense.

  • ...
 3
 432

Prologue: An Average Day Ending

As I walked down the snow covered road to my house. Princess Celestia said she wanted to see me tomorrow. I wonder why? I thought about this as I continued down the road, I turned to a snow covered house. It was yellow with a brown like the townhouses to it's sides.

I walked down the path to the covered porch where I started shaking, trying to get as much snow off as I can. As I shook, I reached for in keys my saddlebags. As I unlocked the door, I took off my scarf. Once the door was opened, I levitated my hat and coat off and put it on it's stand next to the door.

I walked through my living room and down the hallway to the stairs. When I reached the top, I went to the first door on the left. As I walked into my bedroom, I levitated my glasses off my snout onto the dresser opposite of my bed. I watched in my mirror as my looks slightly changed.

My black back sprouted a pair of aliccorn wings, my blue eyes turned to dragon shaped purple, and my normally straight, indigo mane started floating with stars twinkling in it. Yeah, that's right. I'm Nightmare Moon, but I've changed. The Elements of Harmony destroyed the evil and jealousy in me, but left everything else. That, combined with the lingering magic in the air, was enough to make a body of my own.

With the evil destroyed, I no longer wanted to cast Equestria into eternal night. What I wanted was to be a regular pony. I moved to Canterlot where I got these glasses. I put a charm on them that made them hide my true eyes, my wings, and my mane and tail. I got excepted into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I had a circle of friends. I even had a coltfriend. I had things going for me.

But I can't come out about my secret just yet. I need them to know that I'm not Nightmare Moon. I'm Moonstreak. With that new name, came a new beginning for me. I could put what I did behind and just be the new me. But someponies aren't so forgiving. If I come out with my secret, someponies might attack me and want me killed or banished.


As I let out a sigh, I turned my attention to window. I'm always worried that somepony will look in here and see me, but it's never happened before. I walked back downstairs to my kitchen to make dinner. I wasn't sure what to eat, so I made a dandelion sandwich.

----------
ONE DANDELION SANDWICH LATER

I set the plate into sink to rinse. As I walked back up the stairs to my bedroom, I thought back at the day. I went to work at the local café as a waitress for the morning, went to spend with my friends, and went on a date with my coltfriend. Just an average Friday night. I took a shower and read my book on alternate universes before going to bed. I smiled at not being the evil Nightmare Moon.