• Published 3rd Jul 2013
  • 712 Views, 2 Comments

Brothers In An Equestrian War - Woodenbrony27



When civil war grabs Equestria two brothers join the fight for dominance. but end up joining opposite sides. follow the story of two brothers trying to survive the war

  • ...
5
 2
 712

The Trouble Begins

The next day in Ponyville

“Hut, two, three, four! Hut, two, three, four!” Freedom kept repeating as we marched around the southern gates of the new Ponyville fort. Construction of a wall was finished astonishingly fast, well we did have almost everypony working on it and using magic didnt hurt.

“Dear Celestia this is boring. why can't something interesting happen?”

“I know right Sudo? this has got to be the most boring job here... A nice surprize would be nice”

“Will you two stop talking!” I yelled at sudo and midnight. “I was enjoying the silence.”

“Yes I agree with Keyboard.” Freedom said taking a break from his chanting. “And surprises are not good, we do not want to be caught off guard by anything.”

“Sheesh guys, your so boring.”

Anyways, it would still be nice to have something happen today, we have been marching back and forth all day today.” sudo said adjusting his armour. “And this armour is, really hot and chafing me in all the wrong places, and this spear we have to carry is too heavy.”

“I’m just glad i don’t have to wear this on the front lines.” Midnight said while trying to help sudo.

“Anyways, if anything happens at this gate for the rest of our shift it is our responsibility.”

just then there was commotion in one of the towers at the gate, we looked out to get a better look but couldn't see anything. soon we saw the shapes of four ponies pulling a cart heading this way

“Well what could they want?” Freedom said to nopony in particular. “They can’t possibly be from the republic, nopony would dare when we have Sky marshal Dash and High Mage Sparkle here.”

“Well then who could they be?” Refugees? Travelers? Reinforcements?”

As they got closer my blood turned to ice. No. No it can’t be! would he really come here? and what is with the cart?

“Halt! who goes there?” freedom said instructing us to lower our weapons at the ponies most of which were wearing broad brimmed hats that hid their faces and cloaks, all except the pony at the head of the group.

Hello mates, Names Keyring bace. these are my friends, we are ‘Off Key Anthem,’ a traveling band going from town to town playing music and were wondering’ if you had a place we could stay and maybe play a bit.” the stallion said with a sly smile while looking. directly. at me.

“We need to search your cart for weapons first.” Freedom said walking up to him gaining his attention.

“Well of course you must, there is a war, one can’t be too cautious.”

the four of us searched through their cart and found nothing suspicious.

“Just a bunch of music equipment.” Sudo said. “But it would be cool if you guys would play.”

I know they have weapons, but where are they? Yet we couldn't find them. and if I tell them that is my brother then they would kill him for siding with Luna.

techno saw my thought process and smiled at me. The look that seemed to say “Nice to see you. I know you won’t rat me out.” and he was right, there is no way i would risk getting him killed.

“Alright sir, you guys can pass, Keyboard, show them a place to stay.”

“Y-yes sir.”

“Shall we be off then mate?” ‘Keyring’ asked walking past me and swishing his tail in my face causing me to sneeze.

“Hey Keyboard. looks like ya got a new friend!”

“Go lick a parasprite Sudo...”

I brought them to one of the houses that was abandoned by the ponies that used to live here.

“Here you all go. I don't know where anything in his house is so you can explore it.”

“Hey mate, may i have a few words with you in private?”

“Sure. but don’t try anything.”

We walked into the garage out in the back away from the others.

“What are you thinking Techno?! they find out you're a Lunar and my brother they will kill us both!”

“I know that! i was not prepared for this. this ruins everything.”

“No. you are going to leave tomorrow.”

“Sadly I can not leave until I am done here.”

“Well it’s Nice to see you brother.”

“Aye, glad to finally meet back up. how is the shop?”

“Its fine. i kept them from ransacking it because your name is on the bills and such.”

“Thank you.” what's it like following Celesia?”

“It’s ok, i’m stuck wearing this heavy armour. and what do you do? obviously not a soldier.”

Yeah, I got lucky, me being awesome and all. i’m like a spy. probably shouldn't have said that. now I gotta kill you.”

“Well its good to see you seem to no longer be depressed. did you do anything? New medicine?”

‘Well I became a spy, oh and other ponies like my singing. Although I rarely get to cause we are too busy with the war.”

“And I am guessing you won't tell me why you are here?”

“That would be no. but I was not lying about wanting to sing here. Can you maybe help with it?”

He started giving me this sad puppy face that made it’s way into my soul. “No. Stop this please, Techno...” his eyes bored right into me. “Fine, even though as your enemy I will try to stop whatever it is you are planning, but as you brother I will try to get you to play.”

“Thank you brother dear.”

“I am going to regret this...”

Later that day in the middle of town

almost everypony in the town was here to watch the show even the Sky marshal and High Mage were watching in the back. But we had ponies at each gate and in the towers like usual incase this was a distraction.

The stage simply had two speakers, one on each side with wires going backstage, and two microphone stands.

“Well it’s about time something fun happens around here.”

“I would be careful Sudo.” Midnight said looking up at the new stage. “I don't trust them, something seemed off about them, right Keyboard?”

“Yeah, I agree with you free. We should be cautious.”

Then all of a sudden the light came on. and everypony became silent.
“Hello Everypony!” Techno/ Keyring said. “Are you ready for a good time?!”
Hooves and cheers was the response he was met by.
“Now I am going to song this song with my good friend Cloudy grove!”
At that a bluish grey pegasus walked up next to him. “Hello Everypony! You ready for a good time?”
The crowd of ponies once again cheered for the two onstage.

“Ok Tec- Keyring. Lets get this party started!”

just then they started up the song. but something seemed off one the stage. I just didn't know what.

Techno Aice

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

Couch Tate

No thesis existed for burning cities down at such a rampant rate

No graphics and no Bucking Powerpoint presentation

So they just DIY'd that stuff and they built their own bombs

She's his suicide blond, she's number than gold

Techno Aice

Are you ready for another bad poem?

One more off key anthem

Let your teeth sink in

Remember me as I was not as I am

And I said "I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead,"

I kept wishing she had blonde ambition and she'd let it go to my head

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

If my love is a weapon

There's no second guessing when I say

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

If my heart is a grenade

You pull the pin and say:

We're all fighting growing old

We're all fighting growing old

In the hopes

Of a few minutes more

To get on St. Peter's list

But you need to lower your standards

Cause it's never

Getting any better than this

Couch Tate

We are professional ashes of roses

This kerosene's live

You settled your score

This is where you come to beg, unborn and unshaven

Killing fields of fire to a congress of ravens

This is what we do, baby, we nightmare you

Techno Aice

I'm about to make the sweat roll backwards

And your heart beat in reverse

Our guts can't be reworked

As alone as a little white church

In the middle of the desert getting burned

But I'll take your heart served up two ways

I sing a bitter song

I'm the lonelier version of you

I just don't know where it went wrong

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

If my love is a weapon

There's no second guessing when I say

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

If my heart is a grenade

You pull the pin and say:

We're all fighting growing old

We're all fighting growing old

In the hopes

Of a few minutes more

To get on St. Peter's list

But you need to lower your standards

Cause it's never

Getting any better than this

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

It's never

Getting any better than this

[4 times]

Couch Tate

She's sick and she's wrong

She's young dirty blonde

And you sink inside her like a suicide bomb

He says "I've seen bigger"

She says "I've lit better"

And they throw the matches down into the glitter

Not a dry eye left in the house

Go boy, go boy, run for your life

Go boy, go boy, run for your life

Go boy, go boy, run for your life

Techno Aice

We're all fighting growing old

We're all fighting growing old

In the hopes

Of a few minutes more

To get on St. Peter's list

But you need to lower your standards

Cause it's never

Getting any better than this

Rat a tat tat

Rat a tat tat tat hey

It's never

Getting any better than this

[4 times]

Are you ready for another bad poem?

Just then as the song was ending I figured out what was strange about the stage. when we checked the cart there was at least six speakers. But only two of them are being used.

“Hey guys. didn’t they have a lot more equipment when we searched them?”

“Give it a rest man” sudo said rolling his eyes. Just because they are not using all their stuff to play means that they are up to something.”

“Yeah man, I think they are alright, and i think everypony agrees.”

“While they were talking i watched the ponies one the stage talk. And I swear I thought I heard techno say “Ok, get the others its time to work.” And if that's not suspicious then I don’t know what is.

“Freedom, I swear they are up to something.”

“Well what should we do. we already searched through their stuff. They were clean.”

“But did we check inside the Amps?”

“Look. If you want to go and search again then go. But we want to stay here and keep an eye on him.”

“Let me guess Sudo. By that you must mean hanging out here and doing nothing?”

Just then music started playing again.

“Well looks like he is ready again.”

“Anyways. good luck on proving us wrong Keyboard.”

Everyone's a passenger tonight,

Just another accidental on the freeway of this life.

We'll drive on, and on, and on, and on.

We'll drive on, and on, and-

I'll remember this night when you're gone

You surrender your heart,

I surrender every dream,

Every weapon you've got,

Every secret that I keep,

You can fight this all you want,

But tonight belongs to-

Just another surgery tonight,

Well if you amputate the loneliness,

Anesthesia dims the lights.

So dream on, and on, and on, and on.

So dream on, and on, and-

I'll remember your eyes when you're gone

You surrender your heart,

I surrender every dream,

Every weapon you've got,

Every secret that I keep,

You can fight this all you want,

But tonight belongs to me

And I'll watch you in your sleep

'Cause tonight belongs to me

You can fight this all you want,

But tonight belongs to...

Sparks against the railing,

Distant phantoms wailing.

Through the windshield sailing,

With these airbags failing.

Now you surrender your heart,

I surrender every dream,

Every weapon you've got,

Every secret that I keep,

You can fight this all you want,

But tonight belongs to me

And I'll watch you in your sleep,

You can fight this all you want,

But tonight belongs to me,

But tonight belongs to me,

But tonight belongs to me.

as soon as he ended the song, all of the power in the base town shut off.

Author's Note:

Sorry guys for the long wait guys, i was on back to back vacationing in three different states, fighting a painful ear infection, and cosplaying as Flam at BronyCon, which was AWESOME. Anyways, to apologise i will have a poll, comment any background character in the review section, and whichever pony is commented the most will be featured in the next chapter. How does that sound?
Anyhay, this is Woodenbrony27 signing off for now.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment