• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 2,501 Views, 317 Comments

The Formative Years - Lonepone

  • ...
16
 317
 2,501

A Silver Box

I sit on my couch. He should be here any moment now, if my memory is correct. And it always is, despite a couple thousand years of memories crowded in there.

A vworping sound fills the room, and a large steel box fills my living room. Just on time. A man steps out. A real man, not a pony.

“You have some cahones showing up here” I tell the man.

“Aren’t you going to come home?” He asks me. I look at the man, taking in his looks. Messy blond hair. Bright blue hair. Jeans and a trench coat.

“I see your wearing his trench coat” I comment.

“Well, Doctor certainly didn't need it anymore”

I close my eyes, remembering our mutual friend. If only. If only. “Your going to come to regret what we had to do to him”

“Don’t ruin my life for me. No spoilers, that was his big rule when our timelines got funky, remember? Anyways, when are you coming home? Why do you even stay here?”

“Because this universe has so much potential for good then ‘home’. I’ve come to love this place, with it’s ceaseless wonder. The people here, they’re so kind to each other. Not nearly as destructive as your humans are”

“My humans? They’re yours too”

“Not know. You’ll see what I mean in a few centuries. I still look young, yes?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Because on the inside I’m old. we’re not made to live this long. I’m tired” I tell the relatively young man in front of me.

“But we’re half Timelord. We don’t age”

“Our bodies don’t, no. But our minds do”

“Fine. But still, why don’t you come back?”

“I’m 27,923,037 years old. I’ve been here for about three fourths that. I’ve watched this world grow. I’ve shaped it. I’ve made this world as it is”

“So you have a god complex”

“I have every right to have it” I say defensively. As I remember me saying it all those years ago. “Am I not a god here?”

“You’re not. But I won’t argue with you, we would accomplish nothing”

“Good, you’ve already grown up a little”

“I came here for one reason, and one reason only. Is it worth it?”

I remember when I asked this question. It’s amazing how something with such an innocent sound can have such heavy consequences. I know the exact lie I need to tell, as it’s the same lie I was told. “Yes. Traveling through time and space is worth it”

He nods, looks around at my dorm, and walks back into his box. It disappears with a vworping sound.

Another vwopring sound fills the room. The box reappears. I don’t remember this one. After all, I should remember my own past. A pony that looks exactly like me steps out.

“Who are you?” I ask. I know the answer already. Only one person in all the universes that has a silver box and looks like me.

“I’m you. Except from the future this time. I came back here at this exact moment becuase this point in time is already rather weak. Tonight, Vinyl will die. She’ll need someone to save her” He says calmly.

I stand up, completely serious. “Where?”

He tells me an address. “Go save her. She must die, but a tiny spark of life will remain. Revive that spark”

I walk out the door, determined to bring the dead to life. She can’t die yet. The universes still need her.

Author's Note:

Here yall go