• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 2,501 Views, 317 Comments

The Formative Years - Lonepone

  • ...
16
 317
 2,501

Your Student, DJ Pon3

I look at the clock on the wall. Time to be heading off to my next class, DJ for beginners.

I arrive at the class room a few minutes before class starts. I walk in to find the classroom about half full.

"Take a seat" a male voice says from the front. I look, and see a stallion that looks a lot like Lone Pone. Interesting.

And then the stallion looks at me. "Hold up, what's your name?"

"Vinyl Scratch, yours?"

"Mr. Pone. Your voice sounds familiar. Have I seen you before?"

I sigh. While its cool to be well known online, it can be a pain in the flank in real life. "Yeah, probably because of the music you son listens to. DJ Pon3"

"No way, your DJ Pon3?!" He says loudly. Loud enough that the entire class hears it. All at once, all chatter ceases, and all their heads swivel to me. God that's creepy. "Class, stay calm. In sure miss Vinyl wouldn't like to be rushed"

"Got that right" I say, and the class goes back to whatever they where doing "how did you know I had a kid?"

"I had class with him this morning"

"Ah, Music Suites?"

"Yup"

"Well, alright. Keep an eye in him, alright?"

I laugh. "Not the best idea to tell me to keep an eye on him"

He looks at me. "Good point. Go take your seat, class is gonna start"

"Alright" I go and willingly take a seat in the front.

"So, how's everypony doing?" He asks the class, which mostly replies positively.

"That's good. Lets go around and say our favorite song. I'll start, and mine is Wub and Tolerate, Pon3 remix" he says, looking at me with a smile.

The class goes around, saying everything from Deadpon3 to Boargore. Eventually my turn.

"Scary Monsters and Nice Parasprites, Neon Sky Remix" a mare by the window looks up.

"What?" She says absent mindedly.

"I was saying my favorite song" I tell her. "Don't like it?"

"No... That's my song. I'm Neon Sky"

"That's awesome! I've always wanted to meet you!"

"Oh my Celestia, that's"- she's cut off by Mr. Pone.

"Sorry, girls, but it's not socializing time. There'll be plenty of time while I'm lecturing" he says jokingly. We get the point, though, and stop talking.

The class continues on with a ride variety of EDM songs, and I look at neon sky. She looks a lot like that Rainbow Dash, if Rainbow Dash was neon colored and a unicorn. Her cutie mark is a pair of green and orange glow sticks.

Before I know it, everyone has said their song except Neon Sky. "Raise Your Weapon, Madeon Extended Remix"

"Interesting choice" Mr. Pone says. "Alright class, what do you want to do know?" He looks at us for answers. "No takers? Well, I've compiled a playlist of your songs, so lets hit play, shall we?" I can hear a faint British accent in his voice. He twirls around, taps a key on the keyboard of his computer, and the music starts playing. "Well, about 30 minutes of the class block left, do whatever you want as long as no one gets killed, or anything like that"

I walk over to Neon Sky. "Hey"

"That's so awesome the great DJ pon3's favorite song is one I remixed!"

"Yeah, great. So..." Now that I'm here to talk with her, I don't know what to say.

"Can I have your autograph?" Someone asks from behind me.

I turn around to see Mr. Pone holding a picture of me. Me, headphones over my ears, eyes closed. When was this taken?

"My, my, Mr. Pone. Keeping pictures of your students?"

"No, it's not like that"

"Alright, I'll trust you on this one" I say with a smile.

I take the pen he's offering, and sign in big looping letters: Your Student, DJ Pon3.

"Thank you! My son will love this"

"Whatever. I better not find any more pictures of me"

He laughs, and walks to another group of students.

"Are you always like that?" Neon Sky asks me.

I turn to her. "Like what?"

"Like... That. Like your flirting with everyone, but not meaning any of it. And your attitude towards everyone"

"Yeah. How I normally act. Why, problem?"

"Not really. I'm just a little bit more reserved"

"Alright. So you in a dorm, or you renting a place?"

"I prefer the dorm life to renting"

"Yeah, I'm in a dorm too. What you doing this Friday, from 7 to, oh, I don't know, the next morning?"

"Nothing. Why?"she asks suspiciously.

"I'm DJing for a party. I could use an assistant, hint hint"

"Oh my gosh that would be so cool. Yes. Definetly yes"

"Cool. Where's your dorm?"

"Second floor, right across the hall from the main flight of steps"

"Alright, see you then"

The bell rings, and I shoot out the door, heading for my dorm

Author's Note:

Well, next chapter. Tell me what you think.

Did any of you even glance at the story I talked about last chapter? If you didn't, it'd mean a lot to me if you went and checked it out.