• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 2,501 Views, 317 Comments

The Formative Years - Lonepone

  • ...
16
 317
 2,501

Hurting her

I poke miserably at my ramen. I’m still down from the events of today. I can still hear Sky calling me a freak when she found out who my mother was.

We tried telling her how she wasn’t like the others, how she went against the Queen, how she was unique, with only Torrok being like her.

But she wouldn’t listen. She was convinced I was one of them. That I was a monster. I tried showing her I was a normal pony, but she thought I would change right in front of her eyes.

‘Maybe she’s right’ the Voice tells me. ‘Maybe you are a monster’

‘Now what are you going to bring against me?’ I think to myself.

‘Nothing, nothing yet. I shall wait’ It says menacingly.

‘What does that mean?’ I ask it.

‘Only that you’re insane. You’re keeping secrets from yourself. Talking to yourself. That not all of you is under your control. I’m not under your control’

My eyes widen as I understand what the voice is suggesting.

‘You will never control me. Even though you may be my other half, I am stronger’

‘Then silence me’ It says, knowing I can’t.

I ignore it until it goes away.

The door opens. Octavia walks in. She has a smug look on her face. “And what’s that look about, princess?” I ask vehemently.

“Oh, nothing. Just that I was right. Did this one get scared and run away?” She says.

This rubs me the completely wrong way.

‘Get her’ the Voice says. ‘Show her not to mess with you. Teach her a lesson’ It says.

I stand up from my chair. I turn toward her, head down. “Shut up, Octavia”

“Ooh, it looks like I hit a nerve. Did this one see you as a monster? Did you scare her?”

‘Show her how much of a monster you can be. Tackle her. Hit her. Hurt her’ It whispers.

I let out a low, rumbling growl. My hair falls over my eyes. I place my hooves apart, putting my center of gravity low to the ground, ready to spring, and attack. I might not be able to see where she is, but I can still sense her presence, her gloating, and a newer emotion, a touch of fear at my odd behavior.

‘That’s right, she should fear you’ the Voice whispers.

She should. She should fear me. I coil up my muscles, feel the compact power in my limbs, and then I leap towards her, hanging in the air then should be possible without wings. I land right on her.

She lets out a short scream of surprise, and I clamp a hoof over her mouth, silencing her. With my other hoof, I grab her shoulder, turn her around, and slam her back into the wall. My hair moves, letting me see with my eyes again. Octavia looks at them, and hers widen in fear. I see my own reflected in hers, and they’re green. Bright green.

I take my hoof off her shoulder, and punch her once in the gut, hard. She tries to scream. but my hoof is silencing her. She tries to curl up around the pain, but I grab her shoulder and straighten her out. I bring back my hoof to strike again.

I let go of her. I take my hoof of her mouth. I walk to the couch, and collapse. Sobs rack my frame.

“I’m sorry, Vinyl” Octavia says, knowing she crossed a line.

I laugh heartlessly. “I’m the one who should be apologizing. How’s your stomach feeling?”

“You have a strong arm. So what where did that all come from? And why did your eyes flash bright green?”

“What do you expect from the daughter of a Unicorn and Changeling?” I ask. I take a deep breathe, silencing my crying. “You don’t believe me, do you?”

“Honestly, Vinyl, I don’t. How could you be half Changeling?”

“I’ll tell you the story.

My father met her a year before I was born. She was shapeshifted at the time, and stayed that way until I was one year old. She was in the spare bedroom, and she changed back. Since we were in Canterlot, the Royal Guards detected the energy spike she caused by changing back. A squad of five burst into our house, and apprehended her. On the way out, she told my father who she was. That she was different. Once they were out on the she managed to escape. We moved to Manehatten. Two years after we moved, she showed up, and explained some things to my father. She said good bye to me” My voice cracks a little. I clear my throat, and continue talking. “Then she left again. Yesterday, the Royal Guards contacted my father, and told them they found her, and that her only request was that she was able to meet with me and him. Then she would do whatever they wanted her to do. The meeting is tomorrow” I finish. A solitary tear slides down my cheek.

Octavia sits beside me. “Alright. I believe you”

I look at her, and see truth in her eyes. I believe her. “Are you sure you’re okay? I hit you pretty hard”

“I’ll be fine” She says unconvincingly.

“Whatever” I warm up my magic, and focus where I hit here. I send a jolt of energy at her, and she jumps when it hits her. “There. A simple healing spell. Now you’ll be fine. So you’re not afraid I’ll go monster at some point and attack you again?”

“Well, I’m a little nervous. I don’t know what I’d do if you did”

All of a sudden, I want to make sure I’ll never hurt her. Yesterday, I would have relished the thought of hurting her. “I’ll never hurt you. I promise” I say.

She hesitates, then nods. “So do you want someone to go with you tomorrow? I got nothing better to do”

“I’d love you to” I say. I pull myself off the sofa, and crash in my bed. I’m asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Author's Note:

And then they fucked.

Kidding.

So, I'm back. I know you obviously know I'm back from reading this, but I just felt like saying it. Why? I don't know. I worked my arse off to finish this up.

I'm at my grandparents right now, but I might be leaving in a day or two without having a chance to write, so I don't know when the next chapter shall arrive. At the latest, It will be a week or two, when I start school.

Follow me on twitter @lonepone13 for updates about my story and other some what related things.

Enjoy!