• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 2,501 Views, 317 Comments

The Formative Years - Lonepone

  • ...
16
 317
 2,501

Letters To And From Home

Hey Dad.

It's Wednesday night, and I decided to send you an email. School is going great, and I've made a few friends. There's Hard Sound, he's in the dorm next to me. He's a lot like me, same music tastes, likes the same stuff, all that. He's a black Pegasus, with black and blue hair. Do you remember when I showed you that remixed song by Neon Sky? Guess who I have class with. Neon Sky. It's so cool. Hard Sound 'hired' me as his DJ on Friday night, and so I'm bringing along Neon Sky. I can't wait.

Classes are fun, I've got two rotations, red and blue. Red days (today) I got Musical Technique, General Fitness, a lunch break, and then Musical History. I don't like red days, there boring and I have Octavia, my room mate, in all those classes. I love blue days though. Musical Suites, Drums, lunch, and then DJing for Beginners. Not like I'm a beginner though.

My room mate, Octavia, is as opposite from me as possible. She's old fashioned, very conservative and uptight, and just different.

Hope everything's good at home.

Lots of love, your daughter,
Vinyl Scratch


Hello, Vinyl

Nice to know your making some friends. If you come home this weekend, bring Neon Sky or Hard Sound with you. I'd really like to meet them, espicially since Sky is your favorite artist and Sound is supposedly just like you.

I think this is the first time you have ever considered something educational fun. Who are you, and what did you do with my daughter?

Remember, Vinyl, there are a lot of ponies out there that don't like what you like. Always keep an open mind.

Everything is going good here, although the house is quiet and lonely with our you here.

Lots of love,
Dad


Hello Mother, Father,

I am writing to you as I said I would on Wednesday night. Classes are educational, as they should be. There are a few other exceptional musicians here that I am getting to know rather well. I would love for you to meet them some time.

My room mate, Vinyl Scratch, is as different from me as possible. She got in on grants, and only because she can hit play on discs that plays the noise children call music now adays. On top of that, she tried kissing me yesterday morning! The nerve.

I hope all is well with you and the kids.
Octavia


To our dearest Octavia,

Stay away from that mare. She is no good, and will only cause trouble.We tried talking to the headmaster to get you a room with a proper musician, but to no avail. We are sorry.

We are glad the classes are good, and joyful that there are still other musicians like you.

All is good here with the two children.
Mother and Father

Author's Note:

Well, this is a little different. I was tired of writing all the classes out, and wanted to get to a little bit of the action. So, the next chapter is going to be that friday night. It may take an extra day or two since its a bigger and more important chapter.

I hope you enjoyed this! All feedback is welcomed, especially constructive criticism.