• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 2,501 Views, 317 Comments

The Formative Years - Lonepone

  • ...
16
 317
 2,501

Changeling in the Window

I open another Mountain Dew, and slam the whole thing.

'Lot of caffiene there, Vinyl' The Voice says.

'Wondering when you where going to come back. Been silent for a while' I say.

'Aw, you miss me? Check the news'

'What? Why?'

'DON'T QUESTION MEEEE!' It says.

'Alright...' I pause my game, and pull up the news station.

"Breaking news!" The newscaster says. "There has been a prison break the local Changeling Holding Facility. It is suspected the Chrysalis played a role in this" I turn off the TV.

'Say hi to mommy' The Voice says.

I run into the bedroom, and wake up Octavia."Why in the blazes are you waking me up at this hour?"

"Changeling brake out. I think my mother might seek shelter here"

She says nothing, but the look on her face says it all.

There's a sudden knocking at the window. A green magic field encases the lock, and opens it. "Hello, daughter" says the Changeling in my window.

Author's Note:

Short, I know, but this is a set up. Next chapter, I'm going to start Octavia's and Vinyl's relationship. As a shocker on Octavia's personality. Chrysalis may be introduced as a character, I shall explain the origin of The Voice, and who he (note I said he) is. Since changelings appear insect like, it makes sense for a kind of hive mind. The chapter after that, I'll get back to classes, start Vinyl's job, and, I think we should see what Octy's parents think of her new... I won't say what kind of relationship they share yet.

This weekend was pretty traumatic for me. A friend of mine went suicidal, sent me a message, and dropped offline. I went through two days thinking he did it. Sunday morning, he arose from the dead. Since them, I've been talking to him, trying to get him to be better.