• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 14,833 Views, 306 Comments

Sisterly Bonds Run Deep - Night--Mist



Princess Celesta has called Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash to The Canterlot Palace, but why?

  • ...
52
 306
 14,833

The Reaction and Forgiveness

"What!" Screamed the rainbow maned pegasus and the lavender unicorn.

"Believe me when I say, I never wanted to keep this a secret from either of you," Celestia replied trying to hold back her tears.

"If this is some kind of prank it's not cool Princess," Rainbow Dash yelled in anger.

"Rainbow Dash I promise this is no prank," the alicorn of day states.

"Why do you bring this to our attention now, why didn't you tell us before?" Celestia's prized pupil asked.

"I wanted to, but it was too dangerous, please, just listen," Celestia pleaded.

"I think we've both heard enough," the tomboy pegasus said.

"Rainbow Dash please," the white Alicorn said.

"So you just gave us away to total strangers without even telling us who we truly were when we were old enough to remember, and you didn't even keep us together at the very least?" Twilight asked.

"Please just listen girls," Celestia tried to reason with them.

"How could you do that to us? Were we not cool enough to hang with our own mother? Was there something wrong with us? Why would you give us away like that?" the cyan mare asked, feeling as hurt as her friend/sister.

"I never wanted to, really, I would have k....",Celestia said before Twilight cut her off.

"No, we've heard the last of this, and to think, Rainbow Dash and I thought we were something special, when all this time you were just covering your tracks just to make us feel like we weren't the outcasts you made us," Twilight bellowed before bursting out of the throne room.

"Not cool, not cool at all," the rainbow princess said, flying off after her sister.

"Girls wait!" Celestia yelled after them before the trone room door slammed shut behind the two mares.

"Let them go sister, they need to sort things out, they'll come around like we did. Thou remember how we reacted when thou told us," Luna said.

Celestia hung her head in defeat and said, "That was different sister, I fear they won't talk to me ever again now."

"Sister if they truly choose to never talk to you again, then they do not realize what you did for them. But if they're anything like their mother we know they will wish to seek the full truth of your actions. We're sure they'll have many questions only they're mother can answer," The Princess of the night assured her elder sister.

Princess Celestia felt devastated and tears rolled down her cheeks as Luna nuzzles her to comfort her. Meanwhile In the labyrinth of the Canterlot Gardens, Rainbow Dash and Twilight sat together crying and feeling their heads spin at the news they had just heard. For hours and hours they voiced the pain their new found mother had given them, feeling more betrayed then ever before. "Why, why would she do that to us? Why would she give us away and then wait sixteen years to tells us who we are? What was she expecting to gain?" Twilight asked her rainbow maned sister as she cried.

"I have no clue, but that just pisses me off. If she knew she couldn't keep us, why did she bother having us? We didn't ask to be born, we just were, but did we get a say if we could stay with her, noooo, she just cast us aside. And what about our dad, I didn't hear anything about him, he probably wants nothing to do with us," Rainbow Dash stated trying to hold back her own tears.

"It just doesn't make sense, I don't understand why she would just let the truth be known now instead of sooner. What was wrong with that, I mean what was wrong then that's not wrong now?" the lavender princess dictated.

"I don't know, but why didn't Luna seem surprised? It's like she already knew. Was she there the whole time and just played as Nightmare Moon? Cause if that's true, that means the elements really did nothing to her, and she played us for fools as well as Celestia," Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"I thought I knew the Princess well, but it feels like I..... I don't know her at all. I trusted her, and all this time she never even let me know I was her daughter or that I had a sister, now I see why I never really connected with my parents, and my adopted brother, well, at least he gave me some joy, but," Twilight stopped mid-sentence as she fell to the ground crying into her hooves.

Rainbow Dash laid down beside her and wrapped a hoof around her shoulder. "I know the feeling sis. You know now I see why I was so ready to always ready to jump into action with you, guess our sisterly bond runs deep and we didn't even know it," the cyan sister of Twilight pointed out as she started to lighten the mood.

Twilight started to wipe away her tears as she replied, "Yeah, and I'm glad we found each other and many questions have been answered, but even more remain. Now that I think about it, Celestia probably had more to tell us about this, and I guess the least we can do is go back and listen, but I'm still mad at her for this. She should have told us sooner."

"I know, but you're right it's the least we can do," Rainbow Dash said.

"*sniff* Maybe we were a little too quick to judge, I was so hurt to hear about this, I didn't even stop to think how she felt to tell us the truth she hid for so long," Twilight said.

"Mmm, maybe your right, but I may take a while to think about what she did once I hear the story, she's probably got more bad news to make us more hurt," Rainbow Dash said.

"We'll just have to find out, we need to hear the whole truth, even if it hurts, we don't know the whole story yet, maybe there some light in this darkness we've found ourselves in," Twilight mentioned.

Rainbow Dash shrugged and replied, "I don't know, but I'll give it a shot, for my sister at the very least."

"That's the loyal Rainbow Dash I know, now let's get going and hear what she has to say," Twilight said.

Soon both mares made their way back into the throne room and came before the Princesses once more. "Have you come back to say your peace and leave or to listen to my story?" Celestia asked.

"We have come to listen, we still have many questions left unanswered about this new discovery of our lineage," Twilight replied

"Also, we'd like to know, how long have you known about this Princess Luna?" Rainbow Dash said.

"We, I mean I, forgive me, I'm still getting used to the way of talking in the modern sense, anyways I have known for only a few days, and I will admit I was rather shocked I had two nieces who saved me from my dark form and I thank you all the more for what you did for me," Luna told them as they sigh in relief they were not played as fools when defeating Nightmare Moon.

"Well, your welcome, and I don't know if I'll get used to the fact were related, but we are here to hear the whole truth of what happened. We know we need to know that much," Twilight cut in.

"Alright, now I understand that both of you are hurt by finding out that you are royalty, but there are reasons why I had made my decisions, and if you would just sit down and listen, I will let you why, that is all I ask, I do not seek forgiveness from you right now, but I had to let you know before more damage was done," Celestia negotiated with her daughters.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash sighed, then Twilight said, "Alright, but don't be surprised if we leave after this."

Celestia saw the disappointment in her daughter's eyes and knew that she felt she was not as special as she really was. "I'm truly sorry for what I did, but this is why it happened. Eighteen years, about two years before the two of you were born, I met a certain somepony, a pegasus. Your father's name was Flaming Sword. He was a brave strong pegasus and one of our best soldiers, and as you already guessed, I fell in love and started to see him more often. Many ponies found it to be romantic for us to be dating. Your father would always tell me about his adventures in the guard and made himself noticed by his superiors. He had a navy blue coat and a mane and tale, that if you were at a distance, you would swear it was on fire, but it also had a blue stripe that ran down it, so you can see where you got your pink stripe in your mane Twilight. He also was one of the fastest pegasus in all Equestria, so you got your speed from him Rainbow Dash.

Now after many months of dating, I wished to be courted to him as he did to me. But the corrupt politicians at the time wanted to make sure we would not take our relationship further and wanted to make it official that a commoner, even a member of the guard, could not court nobility unless he was ranked as an officer, giving him the status of nobility. I voted against such a law, for I loved your father, but many politicians claimed heresy, and wanted to strip me of my crown. We kept meeting in secret, but knew a time would come when politicians would find out and we agreed to stop seeing each other, but not before your father told me he would help make thing right. Your father vowed one day he would be able to help regain what we had lost and went off to find whatever way he could to promote himself to officer to make it so the poloticians would not have an argument against our relationship. We agreed not to talk to each other so that the politicians would have a hard time viewing his progress, only sending letters every so often to know what was going on with one another.

It wasn't until a two months after he left, I realized I was carrying the two of you. I knew it would be easy enough to hide the fact I was with foal, but I knew something had to be done to ensure your safety, even if it was something that I would never want to do. I fortunately had some staff members who would be able to keep my pregnancy a secret as well as your birth for they were true close friends. The day the two of you were born, I didn't want to give you up, for you were two of the cutest little alicorns I had laid eyes on," the Princess of day said before she was cut off.

"Wow, wow, wow, wow, hold on, Alicorns?" the rainbow maned princess asked.

"Um, I don't have wings and Rainbow Dash doesn't have a horn your majesty," the element bearer of magic stated.

"I know, I am going to explain why that is. As I was saying, even though I did not want to give you up, I knew your lives would be endangered if I kept you with me. The politicians of the time would have claimed even further heresy if they knew and would have loved nothing more then to vote me out of the throne to take over power, as well as sentence you both to banishment from the castle for life and your titles as princesses stripped. Even though I could easily oppose them and possibly convince the other ponies at the time to not turn against me, I feared they would do anything to take you away from me if I let you stay with me. I could not let that occur and I had to make sure you stayed safe, and that meant that I would have to keep you a good distance from the castle so they would not be suspicious. One day I found a spell that would be able to suppress your magical energy, which required a great deal of magic to work and even more to undo. Another spell was found that would hide your physical identities, and was more then easy enough to cast, but once I cast the second spell though, I was met with an even greater challenge. You, Twilight, kept your horn but lost your wings, and Rainbow Dash, you were the exact opposite. It left me at a stalemate, I couldn't keep you both together no matter which path I were to choose at the time.

If I had you both live with a unicorn family, many of my subjects would have seen it odd to have a unicorn family raising a pegasus, for Canterlot was not keen on mixing pony races at the time, the same would have gone for me sending both off you to live in Cloudsdale to live with a pegasus family, plus, ponies would wonder how a baby unicorn could walk on clouds without falling right through it and no knowledge of spells to keep her there. The transformation spell could be reversed easily, but I would be met with the same results if I were to cast it again, so I was left with no other choice then to separate you.

As you know, I sent you, Twilight, to live with some of my good friends and distant mortal blood relations, the Sparkles and their son, hence your last name as you already know my daughter. And you know of course, Rainbow Dash, that I sent you to live with a former Wonderbolt and his wife. I watched the two of you grow from afar as I did my best to fix the mistakes of the politicians who were soon voted out of office and even some were put into exile not long after you were sent to live with your adopted families, for some had gone too far in their exploits for power and other ponies saw a tyranny coming if they remained in office, which made me more then happy to send them away. The reason I had not done so before hoof was because I had very little to go on to convince other ponies of their treachery, but soon many slipped up and I either threw them in prison or had them exiled if it was so wished by the ponies of our kingdom. The seats replaced with new politicians who at first I was unsure of, but grew to trust in time.

I wanted so much to bring you girls back to me and tell you the truth when you were little, but of course fate changed when the threat of Nightmare Moon grew near. I had no idea what the evil would do if it knew the lineage the two of you bared, so I had to keep it secret still. As you grew, both of you amazed me with the abilities you had that made me feel my own magic would be dwarfed by my young daughters, and I'm proud to admit it that Sonic Rainboom you displayed Rainbow Dash, put my sister's and my own to shame," Celestia said and she blushed.

The rainbow maned princess's jaw dropped at her mother's last statement. "You both have made Sonic Rainbooms?" she asked.

"Mmhm," Luna replied as she nodded.

Rainbow Dash nearly fainted to know she carried on a family trait. "Well, to finish my story, there was a law passed two days ago that nobles may court any stallion or mare they deem worthy, be they of noble or of common blood, and any children who are a result of past courtships in secret shall be given their noble status and keep it as well as future foals on the way with no repercussions or claims of heresy, since the poloticians noticed many nobles beginning to have feelings for the common folk. Course a day later, your father finally sent a letter saying he gained his nobility already and is coming home," Celestia stated.

"He's still alive?" the lavender mare asked in amazement nothing had happened to her father.

"Yes Twilight, now I understand you've been hurt to find out your lineage, and will not force you to call me your mother or to take on your roles as princesses, I just hope that someday you'll find it in your hearts to forgive me," the white alicorn said, and her head once more looked down in regret.

Rainbow Dash and Twilight look at each other and were both thinking they gave their mother more then enough grief with their earlier outbursts and nodded to each other before trotting towards their birth mother. "Princess, er, mom, wow that will take some getting used to, anyways, we forgive you for what happened, we understand now what you did was to protect us, not to make us feel like we didn't belong, and for that, we should be grateful," the possible princess of magic or princess of the night stars said as she nervously nuzzled her mother who nuzzled her back.

"Yeah, I mean, it would so not be cool of us to hate you for looking out for us, even if it felt uncool to let us go to begin with," Rainbow Dash adds feeling a bit less comfortable of being cuddly at this point.

"Just like that, you forgive me, after so many years of keeping my distance from your true identities?" Celestia asked, surprised at the way her daughters changed their minds so quickly.

The two young sisters nodded and Twilight replied, "I'll have to get used to flying though, haven't ever used wings I didn't even know I had."

"Oh yeah, well you don't have a bunch of new spells to learn, sis," Rainbow Dash fired back.

"Hey, learning magic's easy, once you get the hang of simple spells," the purple maned mare stated as she smirked at her sister.

"Well flying's a breeze," the cyan alicorn replied.

"You just make it look so easy," Twilight responded.

"I make everything look easy," Rainbow Dash boasted before adding, "But seriously, it ain't that hard."

Celestia chuckled then politely interrupted, "I'm sure the two of you can help each other out in the area's that you need work on."

"Well, aside from that fact, what do we tell our friends, I mean, this changes a lot of things and they will want to know about us," Twilight stated to her mother.

"I know and we'll find the best way to let them know of your heritage. But for now, we need to inform the castle of your identity," the alicorn mother replied as she started to walk towards the throne room doors.

"Um, aren't you forgetting something pri, er, mom?" Rainbow Dash implied as she looks at her head and her sister looks at her back.

"Oh, hmhm, silly me," Celestia said before she reversed the spell to let their missing alicorn parts reappear.

Soon the the reversal spell revealed Twilight's wings and Rainbow Dash's horn. They also noticed that they had grown to almost as tall as their aunt Luna, who towered them by a few inches. Rainbow Dash had longer wings and Twilight's were the same length as her sisters. Their horns also were longer then a normal unicorns. "Well I gotta say, It's gonna be awsome to have a new flying buddy," the rainbow princess exclaimed.

"Yeah, and it will be great to have somepony to practice spells with, once your up to speed of course sis. Nice wing span by the way," Twilight said.

"So you noticed, and you don't look too bad yourself sis, boy it still feels weird calling you that," Rainbow Dash replied.

"I know, but the more we call each other sister and, well, Celestia mom, then we'll find it easier as time goes by," Twilight assured her sister.

"I know, it's just weird still," Rainbow Dash stated.

"Well, I know it will take some getting used to, but I also know the two of you will do your best to embrace it," celestia said with hope in her eyse.

"We sure hope so your hi, I mean, mom," Twilight said, before she facehoofed herself.

"Now let us head out and inform everypony in the castle so they don't think somethings off and then have a nice family meal together ," Celestia finished.

"Sounds good to me, I'm starving," replied Rainbow Dash.

"Me too," Twilight added.

"Me three," Luna said to let the family have a laugh.

They soon head out the door to let the castle staff and guards know of what transpired and the two young princesses awaited the arrival of their father and had many more questions now that they were princesses.

Author's Note:

End of chapter two. I hope you all enjoyed it. Please read and comment and I hope to see constructive criticism and positive feedback. What will happen when all of Equestria finds out about the lineage of these two sisters? How will their friends react? And how will the two new royal sisters face their new path? How will their father react, knowing he has two daughters? Stay tuned and find out. You all rock. I would also like to thank Vurtrax and Torroza for helping me with both chapters best they could.