• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 14,803 Views, 306 Comments

Sisterly Bonds Run Deep - Night--Mist



Princess Celesta has called Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash to The Canterlot Palace, but why?

  • ...
52
 306
 14,803

The Danger Grows

As the Princesses informed their subjects in the castle of the lineage of Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Some of the guards, who were mostly officers, knew already, as did a certain Captain of the Royal Guard and Alicorn of Love. Twilight wasn't the least bit surprised and thought it must have been hard for her 'brother' and foalsitter/cousin to have kept it secret.

Once those who were unaware of the two mares lineage were brought up to speed, all five princesses, including Cadence, sat in the dining room to have a nice family meal. It was ironic that Rainbow and Twilight shared the same taste buds of a daisy-daffodil sandwich. As they took a bite of their meals, a thought entered Twilight's head. After she swallowed, Twilight asked, "Cele, er, mom, I know that you were looking out for us due to the fact of corrupt politics and and the threat of Nightmare Moon, but I have to ask, were there any other enemies or dangers that may have put Rainbow and I at even greater risk had our identities been made known when we were little?"

Celestia was taken a bit off guard by this question, instantly clearing her throat after taking too big of a sip from her glass of cider (this is the non-alcoholic kind). "You know, you actually bring up a fine question my daughter. I really never thought of any outside threats that may have put at risk. I was so wrapped up with the fear of the politicians and Nightmare Moon's return, I didn't stop to think about that. I do know once we do make your true identities public, that danger will still lurk, but you are much older and have the means to defend yourselves against it. Still one danger, now that I think about it, is an age old enemy that fell into myth. You may have heard about the myth in your daily schooling. His name is," Celestia said before Luna cut in.

"No sister, don't say his name, he was once a family member," Luna said.

"Wow, wait, we have another relative?" Twilight asked in shock.

"Yes, and even I dare not speak his name. Not many ponies know he actually exists anymore for we tried to erase any knowledge we could to make it so he was nothing more then myth. He used to have a different name, but the darkness consumed him so much we had to change it. He... he was once our brother," Luna said.

"Wow, we have an uncle too, whoda thunk it?" Rainbow retorted.

"What was his name? No more secrets, please?" Twilight pleaded.

"Yes, this is even one story you didn't even inform me of, I think we have waited long enough that we should all know," Cadence said.

Celestia sighed, "Sister, we've kept too many secrets hidden, and they have a point. I can't just leave them to wonder now that they know they're alicorns."

"I know, but, it's just so hard to think about what he did," Luna said.

"I know," Celestia said.

"Okay, look, we won't have a mental breakdown on this one, cause it seems you definitely had a good reason to keep him secret, and same was true for us, even though we didn't take it to well, but we would like to know who he is," Twilight said.

"Well, maybe we should take this up to our resting chambers. Too many ears around who don't need to know about this yet," Celestia said.

They all nodded in agreement and soon finished their meals to head back to the princesses resting chambers. Once there, they laid down to listen in. "Alright. Now it pains me to say this, but your uncle's name is... Deimos, alicorn of Terror. Far before my sister fell to the darkness, or before Discords reign of chaos, he was subdued to the dark forces and before long was striking fear into every pony of the age. We knew we had to do something to stop him, but the fact that he was our brother made it all the more harder to go against him.

It took every last amount of our care for the citizens of Equestria to convince us that we had to stop him. Using our combined strength in our magic, we were able to send him deep into Tarturus, closely guarded by our father, Terra. Our mother, Gaia was both relieved and saddened her own son had to be cast into the deep, but it was the only way we could stop him at the time. Had we been given more time to act, we could have saved him, and given him back his true form," Celestia said.

"Wow, what was his other name, before he was taken by darkness?" Rainbow asked.

"Tyr, alicorn of wisdom and courage. Before he turned to darkness, ponies would go to him for guidance when they needed it," Celestia said.

"Back up for a moment, you said if you had more time you could have saved him from the darkness. How, exactly?" Twilight asked.

"Our mother spoke of a force even more powerful then the elements of harmony. Though my sister and I were never able to find it after Discord had taken over," Luna said.

"What was this force called?" Cadence asked.

"It's known as the Amulets of Purity. They were forged by the great unicorn masters of old, and even our parents did not know where they resided. It is said they only reveal their powers if the ponies wearing them are to use their combined powers for ones of goodness. There are also many test ponies must pass in order to find the lair to obtain them. We tried to find it, but once Discord took over, our journey came to a halt," Celestia said.

"Why didn't you try to find it after you stopped Discord?" Twilight asked.

"We had talked about it for a while, but it seemed the citizens of Equestria needed us more then we thought and we took our place on the throne to watch over them," Celestia replied, sounding a bit uneasy.

Twilight noticed this and asked, "Pri, horse feathers, mom, what has you so worked up? You seem on edge all of the sudden."

"It's just a thought occured to me. The return of Nightmare Moon was not by chance. All though I am grateful to have my sister back, I feel an unforeseen force, aside from the stars aided her escape. I think that the force was our brother's own dark magic. This can only mean one thing. He's breaking free, and our father can only do so much," Celestia.

"Well, looks like we need to help out our gramps," Rainbow said.

"Too right cousin," Cadence said.

Twilight giggled at the fact she called Rainbow cousin, even though it was true. Then another thought hit her and thinking before she spoke she then said, "Mom, you said Amulets of Purity. That means there is more then one."

"Yes, and?" Celestia asked, wondering what her daugter was getting at.

"Well, exactly how many are there?" Twilight asked.

"I am not sure, that part of the legend remains a mystery, even for Luna and I. Our parents weren't even sure how many themselves. It is said that their location was somewhere far south of here. I know I have been to many far places, but that is one area I have not yet visited, nor has Luna. Why do you ask?" Celestia asked.

"Well, if our uncle does break free, we can't be sure the Elements of Harmony will stop him. We may need the amulets," Twilight stated.

"She does have a good point sister," Luna said.

Celestia sighed, "I know, but I just got my daughters back, I don't want to let them go."

Twilight replied, "Well, you might gain your brother back if we find the amulets."

"Well, I can't have you girls go it alone," Celestia said.

"I'll go with them," Cadence offered.

"I was certain you would niece, but that's not what I meant," Celestia informed them.

"Don't tell me we need the guards to come with us," Rainbow said.

"No, they would only get in the way of this mission and hamper your progress, granted all of them are fine fighters," Celestia said.

"Well then who?" Twilight said.

"Your going to need a unicorn who is a master of forging items in the south. Ironically enough, that's where most live. every forger down there has been taught a certain language. A language the great unicorn masters of anctient time spoke. They will need to guide you through these obstacles, for the written language is foreign, even to me. They do speak the common tongue, but they are taught to translate the script. You will need to find one on your journey," Celestia said.

"Okay, but what about Shining Armor? I know we aren't brother sister related, but I know for a fact, he will not let me or Cadence go without him," Twilight said.

"Hard to argue with you there. I'll have to ask his second in command to take charge when you take off, but for now, we need to find a way to tell your friends in Ponyville about your new lineage, plus there's the need of unlocking your alicorn powers again. We'll come up with a plan and have you leave in two weeks. This way we can spend time together and get the word out about what has happened, plus some time to see your father. If all goes well, we can have this mission ready and complete within days after it starts," Celestia said.

"Hopefully," Twilight and Rainbow said together.

Soon the family got onto other subjects that needed their attention, such as the four other mares in Ponyville and how they needed it be known of what was happening.

Author's Note:

End of Chapter three. Hope you like it. So a new adventure awaits, but the other mane six will not accompany Twilight and Dash on this trip. Cadence and Shining Armor will though. So what obstacles will they face? How will their friends react to their new found lineage, what will become of Deimos/Tyr? Will they free him, or will he be subdued to his darker side forever? Only one way to find out. Please leave a positive comment and/or constructive criticism. I'll update when I can. As always keep reading and stay tuned.

Comments ( 108 )

yay a new chapter :pinkiehappy: and this is one of my favorite stories on your account

I'm not going to lie I thought this story had outright been canceled or that you'd died mate.

3638140
Sorry it took so long, Work had me busy and I had other story ideas that grabbed my attention.

3638154
Well mind pointing them out? I'd love to give them a read.

been a long time coming, but it was well worth the wait

3638165
The Magic Within, My Life as a Prince, Scootaloo's Guardian, Love and Friendship Will Always Conquer Fear and Pain, Strength of Sisters, Guess This Is Home Now, Sisters of Magic, Cute Cutie Mark Crusaders (CCMC), A Miscalculation Gone Cute, Pinkie Pie Cake are my other stories.

You can visit my user page to read them. I will warn you that My Life as a Prince, Sisters of Magic, A Miscalculation Gone Cute, CCMC, and Pinkie Pie Cake are padded pony stories, so if those don't float your boat, don't read them.

3638243
Um... sorry mate, I really have no idea what Padded Pony Stories comes up to in English. Mind explaining?

3638267
Basically it's age regression stories/stories where ponies wear diapers. Some are cute, others are a bit more chaotic or dark. you'd have to check it out to see what I mean, but like I said, if it's not your thing, don't read them.

3638287
I see... right, probably going to avoid those like the black death... no offense meant mate but, age regression scares the bloody giblets out of me.

3638293
No biggie. Those stories aren't for everyone.

3638300
Glad to know you're not offended, I can't count how many people are about things like that. Honestly how hard is it to let people like what they like and pass on what they don't these days?

3638312
I don't know, but you can't right all the wrongs of the world on your own.

3638326
That's sadly very true mate. I wish it wasn't but that's the way the world is these days.

Found some simple spelling errors.. :facehoof:

a bit off gaurd by this question

>Guard

instantly clearing her troat after

>Throat

3638373
Well, we have to take the world as it is, not how would like it to be. Sorry if I'm quoting a line from Captain America Winter Soldier, but it's a true statement.

finally one update, hope to see or read you soon, and keep it up

3638732

also if need any help wisp me, you say something in those lines and then you leave me hanging XD

UPDATE!!! WE MUST OBSESS OVER IT PROFUSELY!!!!!! :rainbowdetermined2:

3638781
*clears out ears.*
Calm down, I'll update when I can.:scootangel:

It's alive I can't believe it

Amazing how you can forget about fics like these when they don't update for so long.

3639549
Yeah sorry about the wait.:twilightblush: I hope you enjoy the chapter.:scootangel:

I'm not so sure that it's a good idea to NOT make the other mane 6 go with them…

Hope we get another chapter in a week or two because this chapter is amazing.:pinkiehappy:

3638787 Methinks you heard me wrong, the intended effect is that we must obsess over this update. I never intended to rush you and also hope you don't rush yourself.:pinkiesmile:

Hmm... Twilight, Rainbow, Cadence and Shining...

Anyone else smell a RPG party?

3643594

Role Playing Game. You know, Dungeons & Dragons, Final Fantasy... even Pokemon counts.

3644271

Generally in an RPG, the main characters have a four-person party. Occasionally there's more than that. Hence, when I saw four ponies going toward adventure, I drew a connection.

YaaaaaaY~ awesome chapter but :fluttercry: now I don't have anymore to read, Cant wait for the next chapter :pinkiehappy:
Keep up the awesome work :rainbowdetermined2:

3650976
Thanks, I shall correct them.

3651936 when will we meet :twilightsmile: and :rainbowkiss: father ?

hope you update this story soon i think that they would like to be able to meet their father in it and you left us on a cliff-hanger that he will be back in equestria with them soon

*Running in circles* NEW CHAPTAH NEW CHAPTAH!!!!!

*reads* So they are going far far away with Cady and Shiny but Tia and Lulu aren't going? Seems Legit..... Update soon suspense be killing me!!

Very good. can't wait for the next chapter. :twilightsmile:

Great story, no matter how much I try I can't find one like it.

Well I came up with some small tips to help the story:
1. Slow down a little, it is going pretty darn fast...
2. Use less commas :rainbowderp: (Try to bind together the sentences in other ways)
I hope I can be of help, and update soon! :twilightsmile:

I liked this, though I do have my gripes.

For one, since I'm guessing this is set before season 3 wouldn't sombra have been a better choice for their uncle gone evil? Plus, I'm not really sure I like this whole new adventure. And I'm still feeling gripey about the dad oc and now this brother of celestia and luna.

I'll keep reading when you release more chapters, but I'm getting a little uncertain now. All you other fics haven't made me feel like is and that kinda worries me.

But as I said I will keep reading and try to like the oc dad and oc brother.

3651936 Your not done are you I want to learn more they brother/uncle and what's going to happen

Good story but I've been waiting like a month for chapter 4. I like the idea.

3638781 I know how you feel my friend

3638781 Nice use of The Royal Canterlot Voice... You taking lessons from Luna? :trixieshiftright::trollestia:

4406603 Well if your where I must say they are paying off

Login or register to comment