• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 3,304 Views, 103 Comments

Spike's sister - Musicnotes



When a mysterious girl dragon comes to Ponyville Spike finds out something spectacular but is it all a lie.

  • ...
15
 103
 3,304

The new dragon in town

It was average day in Ponyville. The sun was shining on this clear day as the birds were chirping. In the library Twilight's favorite assistant Spike was organizing the books. "Lets see, only have one stack of books left to organize." Spike said as he walked to the last stack he needed to organize. He was glad that this job was almost done since Twilight spent most of the night reading them.

He took the time to put them back on the shelf and when he was finished his stomach growled. He put his claw to his belly. "Boy, all that work sure gets a guy hungry. I wonder if Twilight has any gemstones around here."

Spike started his search and began to check every nook and cranny for a single gemstone that might end his hunger. Twilight the alicorn soon came in from visiting AppleJack to use her magic to get rid of these strange crystal pillars coming out of the ground at Sweet Apple Acres and saw him searching. "Spike? What are you doing?"

Spike turned to her as he finished checking under his bed. His stomach growled again. "Do you have any gemstones Twilight?"

Twilight shook her head. "Im sorry Spike, I don't. You could go see Rarity she might have one."

Spike smiled thinking about happy that he will be when he sees his beloved Rarity. He hurried out the door.

It only took a few minutes and Spike was in front of the Carousel Boutique. In Spike's eyes it was very beautiful but not as beautiful as his Rarity. He knocked on the front door and Rarity opened it. Spike smiled widely as he saw her with her purple mane that looked as if it was freshly washed.

Rarity smiled. "Why hello Spike, care to come in."

Spike nodded as he eyes had hearts in them.

They get in and Spike sees a few mannequins with a few new outfits that Rarity had been working on. One had a dress covered with diamonds and another had all the colors of the rainbow.

He chuckled thinking of what his friend the cyan blue pegasus with the rainbow mane and tail, Rainbow dash would say. She would most likely say that the dress needed to be 20% cooler. Spike shook his head getting that thought out of his mind remembering about asking her for a gemstone or two.

He looks at her. "Hey Rarity do you have a gemstone I can have? " Rarity nodded. "Why yes Spikey- Wikey, I have a few I can spare. I was going to use these on a fabulous gown but they were the wrong shade of blue."

Her white horn glows with a blue aura as she pulls out a few sapphires. Spike licks his lips and takes them greedily with his claws. "Thank you Rarity."

Rarity smiled. "Enjoy them dear. Now I must be getting back to work." She walks off to her sewing machine.

Spike nods. "Okay, see you around." He walks out of Carousel Boutique drooling over the sapphires.

As Spike started to walk back to the library a small cloaked figure was walking around the market place. The ponies in town looked at the figure wondering who this pony or thing may be. Spike felt brave and walked up the figure. "Hello, I'm Spike. Welcome to Ponyville."

The figure looked at him. Its eyes the same shade of green as Spikes. "Spike? That's your name?"

Spike nods. "Yes it is."

The figure lowers its hood showing a female dragon with purple scales like Spike's and pink scales that looked like the green ones Spike had on his head.

She smiled. "My names Sarah and I am your long lost sister..."

Spike looked shocked at the news. "Sister? Really? I have a sister?"

Sarah nods. "Yes, I have been searching for you for years."

Spike smiled. "Really you have been searching for me? Lets go to the library and you can meet Twilight." He takes her claw and leads them to the library.

When the entered the library Twilight was reading a book on flying since she was still getting use to her new wings. She looked up from her page as Spike and Sarah entered."Hello Spike, I see you got some gems from Rarity. Who is your friend?"

Spike looked at Twilight with a big smiled. "She is my long lost sister Sarah."

Sarah nods confirming what he was saying.

Twilight raised an eyebrow not sure what to think. "Sarah if you don't mind me asking how do you know Spike is your brother?"

Sarah smiled. "Well besides of the fact that we look a lot a like. Long ago back when I was only a day old my mother lost a egg and was told it was sent to Canterlot to be used in an exam and when she couldn't find it, she gave up hope and I spent most of my life trying to find him."

Twilight still wasn't sure but Spike had always wanted to know about his family. Before she could say anymore there was a knock at the door. "Come in."

The door burst open as there was a loud bang from the sound of a cannon. Pinkie Pie came bouncing in. "Hi everypony. I heard there was a new dragon in town and thought we can throw a party for her."

Spike smiled. "Thanks Pinkie. This is Sarah she is my sister."

Pinkie gasps. "We can throw a welcome to Ponyville, I found my sister party. " She made her cannon go off as confetti rained down.

Sarah smiled. "Thank you for the warm welcome. I am so glad to have found my brother. "

That night there was a major party that Pinkie planned. It was full of sweets, dancing and games. Sarah like pin the tail on the pony. She lost to Rainbow dash but didn't mind it.

Rarity complemented Sarah on her sparkling scales and told her that she could make a new cloak. Sarah smiled hearing that.

AppleJack said that she was glad to know that Spike has a family besides them and asked Sarah if she would be staying in town for a while. She nodded telling the farmer pony she was.

As it got dark one by one ponies left until it was just Twilight, Sarah, and the now sleeping Spike.

Twilight gave a warm smile to Sarah. "You can stay here for the night."

She tucked Spike in and pulled out a bed like the one he had. Tears formed in Sarah's eyes. "Thank you I will." Twilight nods and goes to her bed, falling asleep quickly.

Sarah covered up in her blanket and sighed. A dim black glow came out from underneath her hood. Sarah noticed it and pulled out a string that was wrapped around her neck. On the string was a single black crystal.

The crystal spoke in a deep voice in her mind. Are you in? Sarah nods. "Yes master, I am. They don't know anything. There was the sound of cackling and the glow faded. Sarah put it back under her cloak and went to sleep.

Author's Note:

hope you all like the story. I thought of it one day