• Published 5th May 2013
  • 655 Views, 1 Comments

Music is The Heart and Soul - The Gunny



Two very strange Musicians with Checkered pasts and unknown futures arrived in Equestria. Can they adapt?

  • ...
4
 1
 655

Strangers in a Strange Land


In a small home in the mountains of Colorado, the sound of a violin was playing through the mountains as a man stood on the balcony of his home gently drawing his bow across the strings of his violin. His eyes closed, a smile on his face as he let his violin do the talking to the world.

The man was six foot even with short dark grey hair that had a single faint stripe of purple going down the middle. His chest covered in a long sleeved white t-shirt and a black sweater vest along with a purple, grey, and black striped scarf hung from his neck while his legs were covered by a simple set of jeans. He opened his eyes to show his golden eyes and looked over the snow covered trees. He let out a sigh and relaxed his posture while he smiled at the end of his music.

“Comrade Victor would you mind silencing your violin? It is four in the morning and I have work today.” Another man said while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He had coal black hair and stood Six foot One inches tall. His massive hands were covered with calluses from his job as a construction worker and his eyes were stark green with a gold tint. He wore an Unshanka and his regular clothes including a black leather jacket. His arms were massive muscles and his chest, though covered with a blue and white striped t-shirt was covered in tattoos.

Victor just smiled and looked at his friend before nodding. “Thank you comrade, now if you need anything else you get old Piotr out of bed.” Piotr said happily walking back into the home. “Oh damn, now I cannot return to bed.”

Victor just shook his head with a smile while making a coughing like sound. “Stop laughing!” Piotr called from inside. “Victor did you touch the coffee pot? Oh wait I found it! I forgot to plug it in!”

Victor just shook his head and rolled his eyes as he took his Violin and put it away before walking into the house with his case. He walked to his room and pulled out a small grey beanie and placed it on his head before grabbing a black hoodie from his closet with a purple treble clef symbol on it’s back. He walked out and grabbed a set of keys before walking into the kitchen and seeing his russian friend getting angry at the coffee machine.

“DAMN THIS INFERNAL CONTRAPTION! I WILL DESTROY YOU IF YOU DO NOT DISPENSE MY COFFEE!” Piotr shouted at the coffee machine and slammed his fist into the counter. Victor just walked over and pushed the ‘Brew’ button making black coffee pour out into the cup as he made his signature cough laugh. “I loosened it.” Piotr said slightly annoyed at the machine.

Victor just shook his head with a smug smile as he went to the fridge and opened it up. “GOD DAMN IT! VICTOR NOW IT IS NOT STOPPING!” Victor just sighed before walking over and hitting the red button that said ‘Stop’ making the coffee stop pouring before it overflows the cup.

“This is why I want to use kettle but nooooo we have to be modern.” Piotr complained Victor just rolled his eyes at Piotr making sure he saw before walking over to fridge again. ”Oh you are loving this aren’t you.”

Victor pulled his head out of the fridge and put a hand on his chin before turning to Piotr and nodding with a smug smile.

“For someone with no vocal cords you speak very well.” Piotr said as he sipped his cup of coffee, he then walked over to the closet with a picture of a scantily clad lady and several other posters all in russian. He opened it and pulled out a cole black electric guitar as well as his amplifier. “I have time for one song comrade.”

Victor just sighed and waved his hand in a circular motion while he pulled out a jug of milk and grabbed a box of captain crunch.“You do not wish to join me?” Victor just pointed to the box of cereal before pulling out a bowl. “Very well.”

A few metal filled minutes later, Victor had finished his food and Piotr was done with his guitar. Victor picked up his keys and looked out the window to see the a snow storm starting. He pulled his scarf over his nose and began to walk towards the door and put on his snow boots. Piotr flipped on the radio, what he heard was no shock to him.

“This is a winter storm warning, all Citizens are advised to remain indoors until further notice. Do not leave unless it is an Emergency.” The Radio squawked.

“Well are you deaf? You heard them!” Piotr said to Victor, the snow outside began to really come down. Victor sighed and pulled out his phone, disconnecting the headphones from it before showing his a not that was on the lock page.

Violin concert! Today!- Important!- March, 12th 2016 was written on the note.

“Oh I see, big recruiters are there.” Victor nodded rapidly while smiling. “Well I Wouldn’t want to come between you and your dream. But please take my truck if you go out.” Piotr tossed the keys to his Soviet Era troop transport. “And do not lose any of the building supplies in the back.”

Victor just stared at the keys before making a hand motion and shaking his head. “What are you saying? Oh you can not drive stick?” Victor nodded blushing slightly in embarrassed meant. “Well I’ll drive you then.”

Victor just nodded his thanks as he grabbed his violin case and went out into cold air and trudged through the already foot tall snow to the old, surplus, olive green truck. He opened the large doors and pulled himself inside while Piotr walked out and got into the otherside.

“Well comrade, let us make haste.” Piotr said as he started the engine, it roared to life and thick black smoke poured out of the exhaust pipes. “Listen to my baby purr! AHAHAHA Good girl!” Piotr exclaimed as the truck began to pull its way through the snow with surprising speed and traction. “Oh yes you are good girl, You get us there and I will buy you a new fuel injector!”

Victor just held onto his seat and clutched his violin case as the truck went down the road as the snow began to fall even harder than before making it harder and harder to see where they were going. Victor blinked as the snow began to cloud the windows and the visibility of the roads almost unable to be seen. Piotr turned on the radio to try and calm their nerves.

“This is your Govenor! I am declaring a state of emergency, if you are on the road pull over immediately. I say again, Pull over for your own safety.” The Radio Squawked loudly. Victor just looked at Piotr with a unsure face.

“Chyort! I will not let you down comrade. I am russian! Your american snow is-” He never finished his sentence. The truck tipped forward and slowly began to sink into the snow as Victor was letting out a silent scream along with a terror filled expression.

/){♫♪♫♪}(\

Victor slowly came to his senses as he lifted up his head to see nothing but snow covered trees, bushes, and even more trees. He slowly looked to his left to see Piotr still unconscious and he opened up the door, leaving his Violin in the car, and hopped out of the truck stumbling slightly as he slipped on the snow before he turned around and saw something that made his heart stop. And for the first time in his life, he made a sound close to a scream. it sounded mostly like a throaty gasp/gag.

“HUH WHA! WHAT IS WRONG COMRADE!” Piotr shouted as he shot up. Victor was just silent as he was staring off into the distance with a ‘Oh shit’ expression plastered on his face. “Oh chyort..... My head!” Piotr said as he got out of the truck and walked around the back, he then paused and stared at the group colorful horses. “GAH FUCK!”

Victor just shook his head before darting and hiding Piotr only occasionally looking out from behind him.

“Hello! I am Twilig-” The purple one began.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” Piotr shouted as he and Victor Jumpewd back a bit.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” The purple one and the rest of the ponies screamed as well, well the yellow one fainted but still.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING! WHY IS IT TALKING TO ME?!” Piotr shouted. Victor just kept panicking before he ran over to the truck and dived inside looking for anything that could be a weapon.

“CALM DOWN!” The purple one shouted as the yellow one woke up from all the shouting.
“Что это за дело! Отойдите от меня Фол демон! (What is this thing! Get away from me Foul Demon!)” Piotr shouted. Victor just jumped out before he tugged on Piotr’s jacket as he began to run the other way. He would have gone far if he hadn’t gotten clotheslined by a branch and fell flat on his back hissing as he held his face in pain.

“Twilight! You’re Scaring them!” The Yellow one said almost silently. The Purple one sighed as the yellow one attempted to tend to Victor. Piotr stomped his foot and stood between her and his fallen comrade.

“NJIT!” He shouted, steamed flared from his nostrils. The yellow one backed away slowly

“Um...could you...um just let me....um...” the yellow one said shyly

“NJIT!” Piotr roared before grabbing his friend up off the ground with his bear like hands. Victor just hissed again as he was pulled up, a hand still on his face. He took his hand off his face to see a small bit of blood and shook his head a bit to clear the headache he was beginning to get.

“Why don’t you calm down!” A rainbow maned one shouted. “You're the weird ones! Talking....Things!”

“Stand back you weird flying Horse!” Piotr shouted, this earned a gasp from the group and a small sob from the rainbow maned pegasus. “I will snap necks like twigs if you come any closer!”

“We are just trying to help you you jerk!” The purple one said angrily. “You don’t have to insult us!”

Victor gently smacked Piotr in the chest and glared at him. “Don’t give me that look!” Piotr replied. Victor just made several hand gestures all the while glaring, Piotr’s face went white. “And I just....” Victor nodded “Well this is embarrassing....” Piotr said

Victor tapped him again making him him look down again before he made several gestures with a stern face. “You want me... To apologize to a bunch of horses?” Victor smacked his chest again. “Ponies sorry, Ponies. Fine.....” Piotr turned to the ponies and growled “Sorry I called you a horse. Happy now Victor.” Victor nodded before hissing again and putting a hand to the gash on his head. “Well now that we have done that.....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING!” Piotr shouted

“I WILL IF YOU STOP SHOUTING!” The purple one bellowed as a set of purple wings ruffled on her sides. Victor just hissed again and rubbed his temples.

“Fine.... Strange purple thing....Tell me. Are we dead? Is that why we are here? Is this some sort of hell?” Piotr said with a slightly crazed expression

“You aren’t dead, if you were your friend wouldn’t be bleeding.” The purple one said pointing to victor who was putting his beanie over his wound as a faux bandage. “Speaking of which, will you just let Fluttershy help him!”

“Why? So you can probe him? Use some sort of weird device? STEAL HIS LIFE BLOOD!?” Piotr accused

“Why would we do that!? He is injured and we just want to help!” A pink pony said bouncing forward.

“And you would just help us... out of the kindness of your hearts.... A LIKELY STORY!” Piotr accused again.

“Why else would we help you?” The pink one said tilting her head.

“You want us for some weird experiment. This has to be fake, a dream, Any moment I will wake up and be in my bed. And Victor will be playing his wonderful violin and I will shout because Coffee does not work. Yes this has to be dream.” Piotr said to himself. Victor growled for a moment before picking up a line branch and whipping Piotr across the leg with it making a loud whip crack.

“THIS IS NOT DREAM! AAAAHHHHHH FUCKING SHIT! YOU SON OF BITCH!” Piotr bellowed, he punched a tree leaving a small dent and jumped around shouting and swearing. “WE ARE DEAD! WE HAVE TO BE DEAD! SEND US BACK FOUL DEMON SPAWN!” Piotr charged forwards and latched his hands around Twilight's shoulders. He shook her rather roughly while yelling out. “SEND US BACK! SEND US BACK GOD DAMN YOU! I WILL END YOUR WRETCHED LIFE IF YOU DON’T SEND US BACK!”

Victor slowly began to panic before he ran back to the truck and pulled out his violin before he shouldered it and began to slowly play a gentle calming tune that slowly filled the woods as silence reigned. Piotr slowly stopped shaking Twilight and placed her on the ground. “Pretty music....”

Victor continued to play before he slowly stopped and looked at the now calm Piotr before his eyes rolled into his head and he ungracefully fell the ground face first.

“Victor!” Piotr shouted before rushing over to his fallen friend. Twilight’s eyes rolled in her head for a moment before she trotted over to Piotr and put a hoof on his shoulder.

“Let us help him. Please, if not or you but your friend!” Twilight reasoned as Piotr gently picked up Victor’s limp body.

“Very well, but know this. If you hurt him, if he dies. I will crush you and your friends under my boot like bugs.” Piotr growled, Twilight gulped as she saw the truth in his eyes. She nodded and picked up Victor’s violin and gesture for him to follow as she ran to the forest.

/){♫♪♫♪}(\

Soon Twilight, her friends, and the humans were all at the hospital as Victor was taken into the care of the doctor named Doctor Whooves. Unfortunately Piotr was not allowed to follow after his american mute friend. So many dented doors, walls, and a broken chair later the doctor came back with a clipboard and an exhausted expression.

“I take it you are his... Guardian?” The doctor said looking over the clipboard.

“Well in a way, do you mean bodyguard?” Piotr asked, he cracked his knuckles angrily.

“... I will just say close friend.” The doctor said scribbling on the clipboard with an unamused expression. “If you wish, you may see him now. He isn’t awake, but considering the damage you've done to my hospital, I would get more work if I didn’t let you.”

“Thank you doctor!” Piotr wrapped the doctor in a massive bear hug causing several audible cracks to be heard, whether from the doctor or the arms of the russian.

“As much as I love having my ribs crushed, may you stop this and go to your injured friend?” The doctor wheezed out. Piotr dropped the doctor and rushed down the hall and basically kicked the door in. Victor was simply laying on the... Two beds pushed together with several bandages on his head and a IV in his arm. Twilight walked into the room as Piotr took a seat on the stool next to the bed.

“You really care this much about you friend huh?” She said walking in and sitting next to Piotr.

“Da, he and I are like brothers.” Piotr replied.

“I see.” Twilight said. “Not to be rude, but why didn’t he say anything back in the forest? He looked terrified.” Piotr sighed and pointed to a seat.

“Sit.” He said, Twilight sat down. “Okay so, this is the story of my friend the mute. When he was born he was a happy child, but there was one thing. His father smoked very often, Even around his child, so much that the excess smoke caused Victors vocal cords to degenerate. When he turned five he had never said a word, that is when I met him.”

“You two have been together since you were five?” Twilight asked fascinated.

“Da, I was a foreign exchange student, his family was hosting me. I know it was early for a child like me to be far from home but my parents showed me so many videos, so many tales of how great the west was. I dreamed of it nightly. So when my parents asked if I wanted to move to america.... well the choice was easy.” Piotr continued.

A few of the other ponies walked in hearing Piotr’s story and walked over and silently taking a seat next to Twilight.

“I thought he did not like me, but when I heard him being taunted, bullied, and harassed by other children I knew. I knew Something was wrong, so when they descended upon him again, I stood up and I beat them to a bloody pulp.” Piotr chuckled “Thye never EVER crossed me or him again.”

“That was a bit harsh don’t y’all think?” The orange one said.

“NJIT!” Piotr defended. “I do not take lightly to bullies, jerks, and other ne'er do wells.”

“I see. So what happened after that?” Twilight asked.

“Well, he and I began to hang out more, we found ways of conversing through signs, expressions and music. His father was a bastard so when he left, I was his role model. It was many years until we finally were on our own but by then.... we had grown to be like brothers.” Piotr said smiling

“So what happened to your family?” The marshmallow one said. Piotr sighed and put a hand on his chin, trying to cover up his expression of tragedy.

“восстания (the Uprising)” Piotr muttered. “While I was away, Serbian nationals attacked my village. They slaughtered the entire town, they burned it to the ground and salted the earth, THEY RAPED MY MOTHER IN FRONT OF MY FATHER BEFORE THEY SLIT THERE THROATS!” Piotr clenched his fists, the rage and sadness on his face was radiating to the ponies. “I swore my vengeance and when I got the chance I took it!”

Piotr felt a small tap on his arm. He turned to see Victor with a pained expression before his left hand made a few motions with a joking smile. “Слава богу, что ты не спишь! (Thank god you’re awake!)” Piotr said with a grin.

“What are you speaking? Sounds like griffish.” The rainbow maned one said.

“Russian, I am from Russia, I visited from time to time, saw my family grow and prosper under capitalism and democracy. But those damned Serbian Militiaman! They stole it all!” Victor leaned up with a few hisses of pain before he made several more gestures.

“I know, But the taste of vengence... It has never tasted sweeter.” Piotr said grinning. Victor just put a hand on Piotrs shoulder and sighed before leaning back and making a hand gesture as he went down.

“водки?(vodka?)” Piotr asked. Victor let out a cough/laugh before shaking his head and making one last gesture before closing his eyes. “Of course you would ask for that.” Piotr said with a chuckle. “Comrade Twilight, do you have any soda?”

“Um... Not here, but I am sure my friend Rainbow Dash can go and grab one.” Twilight said smiling as she turned to her spectrum headed friend. “She could probably be back in no time.”

“I’ll be back in ten seconds flat!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, she shot out of the room and ten seconds later she arrived with a can of ‘Doctor Clopper’.

“I need to go get a drink, I will return shortly.” Piotr said

“Of course.” Twilight said nodding as Rainbow handed Victor the drink and let him open it and sip on it.

/){♫♪♫♪}(\

Piotr walked down the steps and took a small bottle of VOdka from his jacket. He took a swig and sighed. “Well Piotr, what are you to do?” he asked himself.

“Why don’t you tell me what happened? I like stories.” Rainbow Dash said from behind him, He turned and sighed.

“You sure you want to know?” Piotr asked, Rainbow Nodded. “Okay...”

/){♫♪♫♪}(\
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Kloskow Ruins
2015

“Are you ready comrade?” Piotr asked Victor, they both wore heavy suits of armor and held RPD Machine guns. The anger and hatred in his eyes were piercing even through the mask he wore. “I still can’t believe we won this stuff in that card game. Who even buys this stuff and keeps it in their closet?”

“Hey! Who are you!?” A Serbian shouted as the two armed figures approached the freshly pillaged village.

“I am your worst nightmare....” Piotr said in a low growl, he took a sticky grenade from his belt and chucked it at the militiaman. It stuck to him and blew up, Piotr just walked past as the Serbians began to fire at him and Victor. “YOU WANT A WAR! I WILL GIVE YOU A MASSACRE!” Piotr shouted as he laid into the Serbians, they fell over in massive heaps and this continued for several hours until finally only one remained. “Well, I hope you remember Onaishur. This is for my family.” Piotr kicked the Serbian “This is for my friends.” He kicked him again. “And this is for me.. MY NAME IS PIOTR ONAISHUR! AND I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!” He put the barrel of his RPD to the Serbian’s head and pulled the trigger.

/){♫♪♫♪}(\

Rainbow dash was stunned, she stared almost unnerved at Piotr who just stared off into space with a wicked grin. He chuckled and took the last sip of Vodka from the bottle before chucking it into the street.

“And that, is how I got my revenge. You wanted to know and now you will tell your friends what a monster I am.” Piotr said, his speech slightly slurred. Rainbow Dash said nothing but ran back inside to her friends. She was prepared to tell them everything she had heard....

Comments ( 1 )
JFK

lol keep up the good work.

Login or register to comment