Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 72 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 72

Title: Either Bearers of Harmony or The Eighteenth Bearers (Title Pending)
Tags: Alternate Universe, Adventure, Comedy
Rating: Everyone, at most a light Teen
General Summary/Description: Based on this blog post, the Order of the Bearers of Harmony have defended Equestria ever since Nightmare Moon's banishment. When all the current bearers simultaneously retire, the Mane Six are selected as the new bearers, just a few short months before the return of Nightmare Moon. Can this eclectic mix really learn to be friends and wield the power of the elements in time? I'd say what the analysts think, but they're all laughing their horseshoes off.
What type of help are you looking for?: I need proofreading the most, but if you have time for editing and/or pre-reading as well I'd gladly accept it.
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This will be a novel length story once it is finished, although I'm currently a little over 3000 words through chapter one. While this is ultimately an adventure story, there will be plenty of slice of life moments.
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: Spelling, grammar, and plot holes.
Other important information: I already have one pre-reader and am seeking other editors as well. I intend to publish the first chapter once I've finished two, followed by a new chapter either every month or after writing two chapters, whichever is sooner.
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:PMs, comments on GDocs, I can do e-mail if you want.

Title: Fallout Equestria - Torn Skies

Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe Crossover, Dark, Sex, Gore

General Summary/Description: The Canterlot Ghoul Batpony Natasha finds out, her entire life was a lie. Everything she remembered was just a story made up by a pervert to keep her as his personal pet.
She couldn't stay in the dead city anymore. Disgust and the will to regain herself drive her out into the Equestrian Wasteland, but she wasn't prepared for what she was about to find. Curiosity, hate, pain and the drive to become her true self again make her drift through the east of Equestria, until she found out a part of herself, she actually wanted to stay lost: She played a part in the Great War and wasn't innocent about the worlds state herself.
Yet there was a legend of a land, that still was as happy and clean, actually free of radiation: Equestria Valley. The need for redemption drives her to search the illusive paradise, to find out it's secret and spread it across the burnt world.
A quest like that was destined to bee too much for one pony, even is there was more to this one, than it met the eye. Followers came and went, finding out sharing her path was just as dangerous as crossing it.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: I'm German and I might need some general help with my English expression.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Besides general language and grammar, I'd like you to have an eye on the correct usage of phrases and terminology. Meaning I'd like you to watch that I use the same capitalisation on the same term over the entire story.

Other important information: I won't actually publish anything, until I have at least 100 proof read pages DIN A4. Google Docs is not an option to me. I write in LaTeX (TeXStudio + MiKTeX) and save my work in my Dropbox while it's WIP. I'm currently working on the story and it's going to take quite a while, until it will be finished. I have a day job so I don't always have the time to write at all, so there might be a hiatus every now and then.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: I'd prefer Skype as in TEXT message Skype, not voice communication. If that's not an option, I'd give out my e-mail to keep in contact.

Title: The SS

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Adventure, Alternate Universe, Comedy, Dark, Mystery.

General Summary/Description: Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, discovers a spell book inside her new castle after defeating Tirek. Now everything has changed for her, and the only people who can help her save the world from destruction are her friends, and her enemies. Even if she did kill some of them.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: The story for this fic may be a little...confusing at times. IF you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): OOC Behaviour and awkward/stilted descriptions.

Other important information: I have another editor; but at the moment they can't work for me because of other stuff getting in the way.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: I have Skype open 24/7, feel free to message any time. Or PM me. But I don't check that too much.

Comment posted by Crysis Commander deleted Feb 28th, 2016

Title: Black Sun Nation

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Sad, (possibly) Gore

General Summary/Description:

Equestria has been in a twenty-five year civil war - those supporting the princesses on one side, and those wanting to overthrow them and establish a "Pony's Republic" of sorts on the other. In the twilight hours of the conflict, the princesses grow desperate, and attempt to use a spell discovered by Starswirl the Bearded to rain down celestial fire on the Rebel capitol. It backfires, and decimates Equestria in the process. This turns the Equestria into a sort of chilled wasteland with a permanent solar eclipse in place.
Three years after this catastrophic event, two brothers are forced to leave the city they were in when the blast hit due to riots by the city's remaining citizens, setting them off on a journey to a safe place and in search of their mother. Along the way they'll come across several canon characters and some not canon characters.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This is going to be a pretty long fic before all is said and done. I'm looking at about 100k words at least. I currently have chapter 1 completed (clocking in at a bit over 7,100 wods), but this story will have a LOT of chapters. In my opinion, there isn't enough blood to warrant the Gore tag, but I could be wrong.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): If there's anything grammar-wise someone of your expertise could point out, that'd be awesome. Also, if there are any story suggestions regarding characters or plot, those would be appreciated, too.
Other important information: This will end up being the longest fic I've ever written, and I'm not the speediest writer in the world. If it's at all possible, I'd like to recruit your help for more than one chapter.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Email works well for me. Or if you'd rather comment directly on the gdoc, that works, too. The view only version can be found here, but I can open up commenting if you wish.

Title: Malignancy

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Dark, Mystery, Gore

General Summary/Description: "When Princess Celestia disbands Her Government's Security Directorate, what hidden darkness will be revealed? What will be released? And what, if anything, can be done in response?"

What type of help are you looking for?: Pre-read

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This story is still very much a work in progress. Fully drafted out, with about six chapters fully written, I have two chapters that I feel are polished enough for others to see at this point. Approx 18,000 words for these two sections, and the prologue, and a tiny opening section of the third chapter.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): I want to know what a reader's reaction to these sections would be, whether there are attention holding, what emotions they evoke, whether the action is compelling or just falls flat. Whether or not the language and dialogue are interesting or off-putting. General impressions. Also, I'm unsure what to rate this as, teen or mature - these is no depicted sex in it, but the characters swear like sailors, it is going to get very gory in places and the characters are very explicit when talking about sex and naughty things.

Other important information: Don't be gentle, please. Posted on FiMFiction but not submitted yet. Password protected at this stage. Please PM me for the password. Thank you.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM or Email.

Title: Change of heart: The Shadow of Hatred

Tags: Adventure / Romance / Drama

Rating: Mature

General Summary/Description: After learning of an assassination plot targeting Princess Twilight, Flash Sentry is assigned a secret mission to stop the threat and keep Twilight safe. Flash Sentry learns quickly such a task will be easier said than done.

What type of help are you looking for?: Proof-reader

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Currently have 21 chapters written out and in need of some serious critiquing and error checking. I have the entire story planned out chapter by chapter but am willing to change things should it help the narrative.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): For the most part, everything. While grammar and spell-checks are important, my primary objective is to create a story that is engaging, fun, and hits you where you live.

Other important information: I thrive on strong critique and am very passionate about this story, so I'm willing to go all out to make this story the best it can be. In other words, don't be afraid to absolutely throttle me with constructive criticism, as I'm always willing to learn new things and develop my skills however I can. Hold nothing back.

I have the story posted on fimfiction (but not published) and on gdocs. PM me for a link to whichever means you prefer (or even both).

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Skype, fimfiction PM, or G-docs. I'm flexible though and am willing to work with additional means of communication.

Title: The Color of Royalty.

Tags: Drama, Romance, Sad, Sex tag for discussion and some innuendo, (rated T). Looking for proofreader.

General Summary/Description: Spike has always been in love with Rarity. But when Rarity announces she's found her one true love, Spike is left devastated. In a surprising twist, the one to mend his broken heart may be Princess Celestia. This doesn't sit right with Twilight Sparkle.
But Twilight may put too much focus on Spike that she may not notice a certain Apple mare trying to tell her something very obvious ...

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: The story is fully written out with four chapters left in it, and it was the result of a request by a friend who wanted more Twijack shipping, and the unusual pairing of Spike and Celestia. It's a shipping drama. The other proofreaders I had had to quit due to other commitments, and I'm trying to get another proofreader to look through the final four chapters before I publish them, though I admit it may be weird to jump into the near-end of the story like that.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Spelling, grammar, and suggestions for slight improvements to some paragraphs, though not to the degree of an editor. Also, if you have the free time, to look through the currently-existing story that's already published and then make sure the future chapters don't fall into some of the same traps and failings, but I won't insist on it; I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Other important information: Nothing comes to mind.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM's on Fimfiction or on Fanfiction, or Google Hangouts. And I suppose I could do g-docs chat, if I must.

Title: On the Nature of Alicorns

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Drama, Thriller

Rating (Everyone/Teen/Mature): Teen

General Summary/Description: While performing a series of mundane experiments, the ridiculous extent of her new alicorn magic dawns on Twilight. She is aghast at the difference a pair of wings can make, and she resolves to learn more about her own nature. Celestia is increasingly evasive as Twilight questions her, and a second look at Star Swirl the Bearded's final spell hints that the true nature of alicorns may not be as innocent as Equestria tends to believe.

What type of help are you looking for? (Proof-reader/Pre-reader/Editor): Pre-reader

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Draft is complete at 35,000 words. Readability is good. Editing is underway, so just about any part of the story is subject to change.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Where you get bored (if at all), what doesn't make sense, and how you wanted it to end.

Other important information: N/A.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Google Doc comments, PM, Email, or Skype.

Thank you.

3078833 Title: Hunters: Missions of Peace

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Adventure, Human, AU, Dark(later), Romance(later)

Rating: Teen

General Summary/Description:Long ago an ancient war threatened to consume the world in fire. From the flames stepped forth a Great Mage who sought to bring peace to the land. Before they could finish this crusade they perished. Planning for their death they helped establish schools to carry on their will. Now schools teach students in the ways of the Great Mage. From one of these schools a studious mage and a hot head half fiend must complete their training to do their part in saving the world. Will they succeed? Or will they be consumed in fire?

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: It is not complete, I do not write it solo(I have a few co writers and am usually keeping an eye out for others just in case). I can't think of anything else.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Nothing I can think of at the moment....

Other important information: It's heavily inspired by anime.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Skype, but I also am fine with PMs

3078833 Shot in the dark here. Fingers crossed.

Title: Fallout Equestria: Chains That Bind

Tags: Sex, Gore, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Comedy, Crossover, Dark, Romance.

Rating: Mature.

General Summary/Description: Arngeir is the only surviving experiment from Ministry of Awesome Project: Destroyer. Created so Equestria could have their own dragon soldiers. Now awake and without a controller. Arngeir searches for answers. Along the way he meets some interesting ponies and does some even more interesting things.

Just your average FoE fanfiction.

What type of help are you looking for?: Editor, i definitely need an editor. I can explain a bit further why once in a chat.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: I’m looking for a go-to editor for this story in particular. I have a prologue to edit right now. And I would like someone reliable to go to when I need to edit another chapter.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: Everything! I try to edit myself but I ALWAYS miss things.

Other important information: My work on this story is a bit scattered since I write multiple stories. I don’t have a set schedule, the chapters get done when they get done. I’m still new at writing, don’t expect perfect anything. I use google drive for writing.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Discord (preferably) or Skype for talk. Open to suggestions.

3078833 Hi! I'm still new to this whole thing and I only now checked that the proof reader I asked hasn't been logged on for a hundred plus weeks. Just don't wanna get a spam label or some other bad biz. I made this fic I was hoping to get proof read so I might pass moderation. It is a bit pervy but I feel it's more comedic than smutty. Anyway I hope you'll read it and please tell me if this is link doesn't work. Still learning this website.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/360370/1/luna-the-terrible-and-virile/politics-and-penis

Title: My little HUMAN: A pony disaster
Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Adventure, Comedy, Human
General Summary/Description:Diego is a kid human and his world is being turned around by ponys but everyone forgot he they were including Diego but he is remembering, will he put everything were it belongs or not??
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:This was already posted but I unsubmited it because people did not like it.
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional):I want you to focus more on editing mistakes, but also wang you to give me your opinion (basically proof-reading.)
Other important information:If you have a bad opinion on this story then tell me, so I can make it a little better.
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:Fimfiction, Twitter, or Skype.

Title: Demons of the Lands Beyond

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Mystery, Horror, Gore

General Summary/Description: Five fillies have reportedly gone missing within the Everfree Forest, and it is a story Twilight has been reading story for weeks. At first, she was not concerned with it, figuring it was for the Ponyville police to handle, but the story just would not leave the headlines. Figuring something particularly strange must have happened, she has taken the case upon herself. [A My Little Pony, Slenderman, and Five Nights at Freddy's crossover.]

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: I refuse to publish my story on this website until I receive feedback. One of the tags is Horror, but this is not supposed to be a scary story so much as it is meant to be a disturbing one. I do not intend on there being tons of gore either, so I thought I would provide these bits of input before you went through my story. Also, it is not mandatory to be familiar with the stories of Slenderman and Five Nights at Freddy's for you to enjoy what I have written.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Nothing in particular. Just point out anything you think needs some work.

Other important information: I am a night owl, so I sleep during part of the day. However, I am perfectly fine with you going through my work while I am offline.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: fimfiction.net and Google Docs. I write my story in Google Docs, so here is a link to it: Click Here. I have it set so readers with the link can only comment on the piece instead of edit it.

Title: Summoning of a Pokemon Master

Tags: Crossover, HiE, Slice of Life

Mysterious creatures are being summoned to Equestria, being forced to serve powerful villains as they capture more and more ponies. Treated as a nuisance at first, they are now led by a dangerous group of criminals that have formed into an organized army. With the destructive forces of water, fire, electricity and so much more at their disposal, Equestria is slowly falling into chaos.

Unsure on how to defeat this growing threat, and wishing to learn more about the invaders, Twilight -with Discord's assistance- summons help of her own. The most experienced being, with plenty of knowledge to share and a few of these creatures at her own disposal: a Pokemon Master.

Have all the trials and battles she has faced prepared her for this new adventure? Will experience and her trusted team of elite pokemon be enough to stop the brainwashed army and defeat the evil summoners?

Only time will tell.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:
I already found two proof-readers who are helping me with my weaknesses and improve my story, so I won't mind if your assistance will be limited to pre-reading, giving opinion/suggestions and pointing out potential plot-holes.

If the story will prove interesting enough and you'll have enough time on your hand, I would appreciate more detailed proof-reading and assistance with my weaknesses, but otherwise, pre-reading should suffice.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on:
My weaknesses are: Limited arsenal of words due to not being navite English speaker. (I often repeat same words too often)
Missing "a" and "the".
Describing areas where action is taking place.
Showing emotions through body language.

It's optional for you to help with them. Only if the story prove to be good enough for your taste.

Other important information:
The story take place in Equestira with pokemon element being introduced into it. Main focus is on interaction between Pokemon Manster and her pokemon with Twilight and her friends, though Starlight, Discord and Royal Sisters will play important role as well.
The story itself is long and is still being written in goggle document. It wasn't uploaded yet.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Preferably Skype(JustX), but chat in google doc and Fimfiction.net messages are fine as well.

Title: My Name Is Tempest

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Sex, Adventure, Romance, Drama, Thriller, Twilight Sparkle, Other (Tempest)

General Summary/Description: Tempest must betray Twilight to avoid being imprisoned for life. Only problem: she falls in love with her first. Twilight x Tempest, will include clop.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This fan fiction is a continuation of My Little Pony: The Movie, and thus, sadly will contain SPOILERS. However, I try my best to include enough context that the reader does not have to watch the movie in-order to fully enjoy this story. Having someone who actually didn't watch the movie would be incredibly helpful as that person could let me know if more or less context is needed, as well as if it's engaging enough. Either or works however.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Engagement, interest, immersion. I feel like I have a very strong grasp on grammar and spelling, thanks to a mix of automatic checking and text-to-speech programs. The most important things for me is a) is it interesting to read, and b) does it engage the reader enough to want to follow the story. A third subject would also be if the characters and the world feels believable.

Other important information: I used to write fan fiction about four years ago, and just now returned from a hiatus. I don't have an official background in writing, but I do have lots of experience doing so in not only this medium, but roleplaying and as a Dungeon Master in various settings. I'll likely need less a proofreader and more someone to help me shape the story to be fun and interesting to read.

The link to the story is also here: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/388045/my-name-is-tempest

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Discord is my preferred method of communication, as it's convenient, instantaneous, and can host conversations easily compared to IM or text. My second preferred is here on FIMFiction.

Thanks!

Title: Best Wishes

Tags: Sad/slice of life

Rating: Teen

General summary/description: Pear Butter writes letter after letter to her estranged father hoping to one day reconcile and reunite with him.

What type of help: pre-reader

Info needed to review piece: This is a one off short story that takes place during the events from Season 7 Episode 15 from Grand Pear's perspective.

What I want the reviewer to focus on: Everything in general. Prose, flow, story, dialogue. I need a fresh pair of critical eyes.

Other info: I work evenings and will most likely see responses/respond in the middle of the night EST.

Form of communication: fimfiction pm is fine. If you need/want a Google doc, let me know and I will transfer the text into one.

title: Permafrost the new demon

Dragon Ball Z / MLP: Comic(mlp:friendship is magic will be added later.) / Profanity / Death / Violence / Sex(only talk) / Gore / Slice of life / dark / Adventure / Alt.Universe / Crossover / Human / Luna / CMCs / Main 6 / OC / Celestia

synopsis: Persia rose is a young girl born in america. she is asexual and don't want children it led to her being despised in her little town who is dying by lack of new resident, she as no friend and even her family composed of only her grand dad loats her, one day she set to explore a disused government lab from her tow to bring some fun in her boring life. what she discover led her on a path of hardship with a new body and future, yet this time the suffering might be worth it.

information: i am french so probably a lot of fault.
your username make you the perfect one.
the story isn't completed but most main event are already thought of.
i am open to suggestion for filler since the big event can be spaced by an undefined amount of chapter without messing with the big event.
the story isn't published yet. i wrote around 2000/2500 word by chapter and i have 9 chapters done and in need of proofreading.

i don't' have specific on what you could focus on, if you have idea or even want to see some specific event just tell me i'll think about it. if you need to know more about the main element of the story just ask and i'll tell you what i can, but if you really need specific thing to target it would be the writing, i reread myself but i am far from good at writing in english.

i would prefer email (adresse.teste@hotmail.fr) or PM on fimfiction(i am connected everyday at 6/12/18 (in france) to communicate.
i have skype too.

Title:
Currently has 2 working titles: Textbook Soldier / More Than A Story

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag):
- Equestria Girls, Romance, Drama, Adventure, Human, Alt. Universe

Let's face it, we've all fallen in love with fictional characters. It's a part of being a fan of something. But even though we know that it's impossible that we'll ever meet them, we still cling to that hope. But when Sunset Shimmer finds that that hope has become a reality, how is she supposed to react? Worse still, he's a human in a human world, but he's a human from seventy years ago.
And when the world is doing its damnedest to tear itself apart, James knows that he has to go out there, just like his father did in the Great War. But even the worst of his father's tales from the war wouldn't prepare James for the trials he'd face in his own World War. Especially when he found a mirror that had glass like water. More so when he fell through and found himself launched into some alien world in the future.
Faced with the challenge of caring for a man out of time, while also trying to figure out how she feels about him, Sunset Shimmer is completely lost. Her priority is definitely to get him home... but how?

I have extensively researched World War 2 in order to make this as accurate as possible, myself having done work with WW2 in general. I often go on like people know what I'm talking about, and will keep going unless you tell me. If you feel anything doesn't make sense, or you think require more explanation, let me know.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional):
Story flow, development of characters, repetition (making sure it's not repetitive), clear but concise enough that it doesn't drag on too long.

I respond pretty quickly to all forms of communication except Google Drive comments, but those are welcome if you want to give specific input.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:
Email, Discord, doesn't matter to me, whatever's best for you.

Title:
Elements of Nature - Fall Of Equestria

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag):

Displaced story. A human displaced, long since arriving in his Equestria and already having overcome insurmountable odds, is called on by the Celestia of another universe for aid. This is a FoE (Fall of Equestria) story. Caribou, sexual enslavement of ponies, redemption from said Caribou, etc.

I am a US Army veteran and like to think that I'm very literate. However, I know I make mistakes and I can't be an island to myself. Looking for someone to help me make my story the best I can. For reference, my story so far has 20 likes and 5 dislikes.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional):
Whatever you're best at.

I love MLP.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:
I can use FB Messenger, but I'd rather use FimFiction PM.

Are you still active?
I'm looking for a pre-reading of the first several chapters of a story I'm currently working on.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/524354/fallout-equestria-baltimare-heights

Password: Baltimare

Comment posted by Aether Spark deleted Mar 3rd, 2023
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 72