The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,537 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Today was Big Jim's last day, both on MLP and at DHX. He posted a thread with his farewells on Twitter, and I just thought I'd share it here:
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/1142079466992107520

--Sweetie Belle

Well Jim, only one place to go after this... Here:pinkiecrazy:

That was 6 pages of beautiful. We're gonna miss him.

"...And if not, that's what fanfic is for!"

Out of the whole message, that part stands out to me the most. It's like Big Jim's saying "Whatever we weren't able to do, or didn't do right, the fans will take care of it."

Really make it feels like our fanfics are a part of the actual show, even if none will be "canon".

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yep!

I know! That's one reason I kinda felt like I had to share it.

That did really stand out. A lot of times, fanfiction is barely acknowledged. But he trusts us to fill in the gaps...

--Sweetie Belle

6897790 Thanks for all you've done, Jim. I know we may not always have shown it in the best way, but we did appreciate your contributions. The show wouldn't have been what it was without people like you.

What a touching farewell piece. Best of luck to Big Jim whenever you go! *snoogles*

I don't know what awaits us in G5, but I do know that it was people like this guy is what made G4 special and will continue to keep this fandom going for years to come. A fandom that I'm more than honored to be apart of.

HapHazred
Group Admin

I wish I had a name like 'Big Jim'.

My irl name, Richard, doesn't really lend itself too well to nicknames beginning with 'Big'. Too bad. Big Jim sounds classy af.

It really is the end of an era, honestly. All we can do now is look toward the future. :twilightsmile:

I'm gonna miss these silly ponies.

Once upon a time, in 2012, I joined this fandom because it was unlike any other fandoms I've ever seen. Admittedly, I find it strange for men, even boys, to actually follow a show whose main target was for little girls. But all it took was one look at TheLivingTombstone, BlackGryphon, DuoCartoonist, and other big top bronies whose contributions on the animations, arts, fanfics, and songs that shines their passion and devotions from the inside out.

Truly, they were unlike anything I've ever seen. So I decided to join the fandom to learn more and find out what it was that makes the bronies so big. Now I think I've found out what it was, and Big Jim has said it.

Now the future awaits. All we can do now is carry on with what we've learned and see what the future holds for us. Take care, Big Jim.

i have nothing to say but damn

i dont know. . .

While I’ve only admired this Generation of the franchise from Afar, This letter is really touching. It's sad that this era is coming to an end (and frustrating for any latecomers) but That doesn't mean it will be forgotten. Not after having an impactful 9 years on Internet culture and popular culture.

Best of Luck, Jim boy. Thanks for those 9 years. You really deserved that rest.

I do hope G5 turns out to work despite all my grievances and doubts on it.

As much as i am a latecomer the G4 fandom, I and possibly others will keep creating fan content for G4 even after it has ended. I’ve come to terms with the impact and what Gem of a phenomena i had missed. I merely admired this franchise from afar because of the lore and worldbuilding, the imagination of the fandom and community and because i thought EgG's concept of the pony and human worlds were interesting (and i do hope hasbro goes back to that concept in the future).

I do hope the G4 brony fandom will endure even after this Generation comes to a close and G5 comes.

As much as people are excited about G5. G4 shouldn't be forgotten. Something that has lasted and endured for nearly a decade and had a significant impact on internet culture should not be forgotten in a couple of years. It's just too recognizable to be forgettable.

I remember one day just seeing my big sister watching an episode about the CMC (season 1), I was interested, since the art style looked pretty cool, but most importantly, my BIG SISTER was watching it. She was a bit of a tomboy (not so tomboyish that she almost seemed like a man in disguise though), so learning that she enjoyed this show was very confusing for me. I decided to give it a shot, and what do ya know, I actually enjoy the characters and setting. Fast forward 9 years and now this series is coming to an end, my sister stopped watching around season 3, but she never judged me (although she was confused after learning about Fimfiction).

Embarrassing story time: Once I was at my aunts place, and suddenly an episode of MLP was airing on TV. My dad calls me and says "Hey son, your favorite shows on,"

I was mortified. I knew my dad didn't mean anything malicious, he was a really understanding guy, but dude! That is not something you just say out loud!

Is it just me or did anyone see Kelly Sheridan's First name in the main cast section of page 2?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

She is Twilight's singing voice.

Incorrect: It's Rebecca Shoichet that does Twilight's Singing Voice. :/

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

My mind derped. Mixed Straight and Sunset.

Anyway, Starlight is a main character, so what's so surprising?

:derpytongue2: (Someone had to do it X3)

Hopefully the MLP Wiki can allow that ^^

That's a class act, right there. :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23