The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,464 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Season 1, Elements of Harmony fired against Nightmare Moon. How many colors does the rainbow have?

Six.

Season 2, Elements of Harmony fired against Discord. How many colors does the rainbow have?

Six.

Rainbow Rocks, the Spirits of Harmony invoke their inner magic without the Elements of Harmony to fire the original spell. How many colors does the rainbow have?

Seven!

What does this mean?

I don't know!

But I can speculate, right?

I think what happened is that Sunset Shimmer was supposed to be the original Spirit of Magic/Friendship, being Celestia's student a good indication. She was even capable of using the Element of Magic in Equestria Girls 1, however, thanks to the corruption in her heart, she turned into a demon.

Now that she got redeemed, and helped the other Spirits to restore their friendship after the Dazzlings ruined it, Harmony deemed her to be worthy to be the Spirit of Magic again. As a consequence, she became capable of participating in the the Elements of Harmony spell as a second Spirit of Magic, supercharging it and resulting in that huge friendship alicorn thing.

What do you think?

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

Allow me to give my two cents, here:

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue.
I can sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow,
You can sing one too!

Listen with your eyes,
Listen with your eyes,
And sing everything you see.
You can sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow,
Sing a long with me.

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue.
You can sing a rainbow,
Sing a rainbow,
Now you've sung one too!

I don't know how that relates to the topic of the discussion beyond the fact that it has rainbows in it, but it's a really nice poem, so upvote. :twilightsmile:

3761687 Makes perfect sense to me.

3761687 It makes sense that sunset supercharge the elements of harmony, but I don't thing she was the element of magic. Ever since the mane 6 got the elements, Celestia and Luna (praise Luna) havn't been able to use them. In the first movie, I think she was just using the magic off of the element to use magic, (like energy leakage from power lines) or used its conection with Equestrian to get magic from there. In the second movie I think that there may have been another element of magic at play, such as the element of redemption. Another theory I have is that sunsets friendship itself helped power the spell, not an element she was wielding. Unless that makes her the element of friendship...If that can happen.

3761687 I think Sunset represents it in the human world, while Twilight represents it in Equestria.

3761722 Yes, that's what I think too.

3761731 I'll say this. I could be wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.

3761687 ummmm good point. It dose explain why (in rainbow rocks) why so went all magical girl transformation near the end. I have been saying this all year that Sunset was the opposite of (or yin (or is it yang?)) in EG. She would have been the element of Magic if she didn't runway(? and become oppress (

my precious

) with the mirror. Ever since watching RR I been thinking if Sunset was a seventh element bearer but what you pointed out it what was I was trying to place. :twilightsmile:

Vinyl was helping, too... why didn't she get a transformation?

It's a nifty observation, but I don't know if I want to overthink this. It's a magic attack powered by friendship - obviously it grows stronger if you include more participants, that's sorta the whole point. And the Mirror World version doesn't actually use physical artifacts - which come to think of it would make it closer to the Rainbow Power in nature - so there is technically nothing that restricts it to just six wielders.

I think what happened is that Sunset Shimmer was supposed to be the original Spirit of Magic/Friendship, being Celestia's student a good indication.

Well, I think it's pretty self-evident that if Sunset managed to make good friends with the rest of the Humane Six, she would have made just as good friends with their pony counterparts if she had met them. So, sure, she could have taken Twilight's place, no doubt*. I guess the real question is to what degree Celestia planned for that - and to what degree she actually plans for anything, really, since a lot of it comes down to Destiny sorting everything out on it's own.

In other words, Celestia might just have believed Sunset would turn out to be important somehow. It's probably more accurate to say that Sunset was "meant" to befriend the human Elements, rather than the pony ones.

*It's not like the Elements are that discriminate about who uses them. There doesn't even need to be six of you - Celestia could use all of them on her own.

It is highly plausible

Because she was not a Spirit of Harmony.

Spike didn't get a transformation either.

I like your theory and the Rainbow Rocks was so amazing, I still can't get over it. :twilightsmile::raritystarry::yay:

The theory is actually quiet accurate! At least, that's what I believe. Maybe Sunset Shimmer is supposed to be the Element of Magic in the Human world like how Twilight is for the Pony one? I don't know, but I like your theory. It makes a lot of sense. :twilightsmile:

It's just the amount of people involved each time? :ajbemused:

By the way, I just realized something.

Twilight's cutie mark is a six-pointed star, usually taken to represent the Mane Six and/or the Elements of Harmony.

Sunset's cutie mark is a sun with eight rays.

Eight = Sunset, her five human friends, and Twilight Sparkle.

Both of them.

To be honest in the first movie I got the impression that Sunset was going to be the anti-Twilight and the arch-enemy of the Spirits of Harmony. After Rainbow Rocks I'm starting to get the vibe that maybe Sunset might become Twilight's apprentice, because when you think about it Twilight has accomplished the greatest aspect of friendship twice, namely making a friend out of an enemy (both Sunset and Discord)

In terms of what element of harmony she represents I would probably say Trust or Belief

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21