Shipping 💖 9,757 members · 11,691 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

Recently in Egypt, a ten-year-old girl married a thirteen-year-old boy in an arranged marriage. One of the fathers of the young couple is quoted as saying that "You are never too young to be married."

This makes me wonder about marriages in Equestria. Were the Saddle Arabian delegates part of an arranged marriage in their youth?

I think that would make for an interesting story. A family of four from Saddle Arabia moves to Ponyville. Everypony assumes that the young colt and filly are their two children.

The two Saddle Arabian children go to school. Cheerilee is shocked to see her new students, who she assumes to be siblings, kissing each other passionately on the lips.

Cheerilee calls the parents to the classroom and informs them what's going on. The father has to explain that his son was kissing his wife.

"But," Cheerilee stammered, "They're both blank flanks!"

"You're never too young to get married," the father replied.

The story could then focus on how the young couple would interact with Ponyville society. The young couple could go into Sugarcube Corner and ask Pinkie Pie to make them a cake for their one-year wedding anniversary. Mr and Mrs Cake would be shocked. It could later be revealed that the Saddle Arabian filly is in the early stages of pregnancy.

The other students in Cheerilee's class would gossip about the Saddle Arabian students. We could explore the Cutie Mark Crusaders' views on marriage. One of them could even pursue the idea of getting married right now.

"Maybe I'm like Button Mash's mom," Sweetie Belle said, "Maybe my talent is to be a wife and mother, but I won't get my cutie mark until after I'm married."

I don't have time to write this at the moment. I'm just putting the idea out there in case someone wants to do it.

That actually sounds like a really interesting story concept.:rainbowderp:

Have all of my yes. I'll add it to the cue of shit I'll say I'll write someday but never, ever actually do. :heart:

Though I think the quote "the important thing is to get married, love will come later" is a bit...

Geeeeh. Urrrgh. Goooood you people are backwaaaarrrrds

Oh? You should let me edit that.

DAMMIT! :fluttershbad:
Great, now all I have to look forward to is shipping. Thanks for taking the best idea ever!
Stupid American school system...

Marriage and consummating a marriage are rather a different thing. :applejackconfused:

1715078>>1715070>>1715143 Interesting concept:trixieshiftright:, I wish you luck on this endeavor. I used a similar concept (arranged marriage) for my well reviewed fic An Apple Studded Diamond. I'll offer my services as a pre-reader and technical consultant if you wish. :pinkiesmile:

Please do exercise all due good taste in this process regardless, the alternative could easily be :pinkiesick:.

Hmm...

I'd probably give the story a brief read. Might stay for a while should it prove interesting.

It is an interesting concept.

1715221 Sweet Celesita's Stripy Socks, I was not talking about clop, that would be the :pinkiesick: outcome. (Even though I listed ASD with Clopfics as a precaution). Beyond that I didn't quite understand your answer:rainbowhuh:. Sorry.:facehoof:

Write it.
Now.

Please do exercise all due good taste in this process regardless, the alternative could easily be :pinkiesick:.

That's part of the reason why I'm passing this story on to someone else. I think we all know how I'd handle it. Cheerilee's class would've devolved into raucous orgies before the end of recess.
:twistnerd::unsuresweetie::scootangel::applecry:

If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to collaborate with you. This would still be your story to write, but I'd be happy to think of scenarios and strengthen the story outline. I'd also make myself available to edit.

1715248 No argument here, your obviously smart enough to know when not to push your boundaries. I tip AJ's hat to you.:ajsleepy:

It goes love AND marriage, not the other way around.

I have more ideas, if you're interested. Send me a Private Message.

Well, that is interesting. And sounds like great idea :pinkiehappy: however I might put the line with pregnancy... :twilightoops:

This concept has all of my yes.

I had an idea similar to this, except it is more of a religious focused story. Intolerance and the like. I still need to write that.

Wow. This really does sound like an interesting story! A little exploration of the culture, how others react around it, and how the couple themselves go about it. Very interesting!

I would most definitely read it. :pinkiehappy:

Interesting concept , some one should write it.

Write it! Would so read it!

The concept in fiction is hot and I hope someone writes a story for it, but the real life application of this is fucking disgusting. :twilightangry2:

Comment posted by deletingthisaccount deleted Mar 2nd, 2017
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30