Comments ( 105 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 105
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
June 2017
July 2017
August 2017

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them. Do not tag me.

Previous Idea Threads
March - May 2017
December 2016 - Feburary 2017
August - November 2016
July
Pre-2016 Thread
All Remaining Links Can Be Found on Previous Threads

What if someone got sent as a Lalafell from Final Fantasy XIV?

I know this one is just an example, but since they’re smaller then that of the average human, they may come off around the same size as most of Equestria’s natives. Not to mention that some have highly developed intelligence, which could rival Twilight if one such Lalafell encounters her.

Someone gets Displaced as the ring from Lord of the RIngs.

They buy the ring, maybe even hoping to get Displaced, but wind up becoming the ring itself and are stuck as nothing more than a voice whispering to whoever holds the ring.

I was thinking how about someone gose to equestria as lorian from Dark souls 3

also DiscountDiscord amaizing idea

How about we do more Displaced stories where the Displaced’s home-world has more agency later on. Make the And some stories where the Displaced starts as a “hero”, but ends up as a “villain” by giving the ponies exactly what they want. And how about more AU Humans and world building. It’s time for use to have a few more epic pieces, similar to the project I’m working on currently.

My next Displaced will feature a futuristic human society that has left earth behind and taken reside in a new solar system. This society treats technology as divinity and is highly religious in their beliefs and attitudes towards technological advancement and applications. Their greatest taboo is melding technology and flesh. The character that will be displaced is a 32 year old, ex-high priestess named Alreona who was committed to a maximum security mental institution due to here heretical practices and beliefs.

She will be displaced, directly and in person, by Yther, the Architect Goddess, humanities highest divine, because humanity has strayed far from its proper path and has failed to embrace technology wholly. Because of that, the pantheon is weakened to the point that she might be the only surviving god. She will be turned into Atraxa and tasked with gathering new worshipers and building a society that truly follows Yther.

Obviously, once it is learned that Alreona has escaped, humanity will tracked her down.

I remember think of a reverse displaced, Sunbutt in LoL.
Basically, a evil displaced takes over equestria and Celestia gets banished into the void and ends up in Runeterra, joins the league, makes friends with various members, helps around Runeterra between matches, and the manages to get back and unleash The Void on her old world. Hehe

I have an idea for a story. What if instead of just someone being displaced, something goes wrong during the displacement and the actually character their dressing up takes control of the main body. The characters that the main protagonist could dress as are Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY or Ace from One Piece.

All right, I realize there have been a share of Skyrim Displaced and just plain crossovers, but hear me out:

Main Character gets Displaced as their character from Skyrim, and their Displacer is one of the Daedric Princes. Because the MC did pretty much all the different Daedric side quests in Skyrim (they wanted full completion with no real concern for morality since it was just a game), each Daedric Prince wants to claim the MC’s soul. Rather than fight it out amongst themselves directly however, the Princes send the MC to a neutral world (Equestria) where each Daedric Prince will get a chance to try and kill/claim the MC by either sending an agent, a monster, an army, manipulate a pony, etc. The MC will therefore have to fight off the various Princes while trying to avoid making more enemies among the ponies, and possibly looking for a way home.

The Twist? Only one of the Daedric Princes is the actual Displacer. The rest are the genuine Princes, who have no idea that one of them is an imposter that arguably has more power than them all and is simply watching everything unfold for shits and giggles.

Why not have someone Displaced as something weaker than the ponies physically, or without powers and any kind of magic, and isn’t some sort of genius:pinkiesmile:

Comment posted by Ninetails deleted Jun 11th, 2017
Comment posted by Ninetails deleted Jun 11th, 2017

Because Displaced is a power fantasy.

5979689 Well shit, let me get a gravity manipulating bastard that can stop time and warp reality. I’m pretty sure that will be an interesting story to read, all conflicts end within seconds, no thoughts must be given for I am Kirito...I think I’ve actually seen a displaced of this:facehoof:

My next displaced is gonna be Forward Kommander Sorscha Kratikoff from Warmachine

I’m surprised there’s so few stories, Displaced or otherwise, with Bugs Bunny.

He could make an interesting Displaced: utilizing cartoon physics to the point that even Pinkie Pie might get confused, doing his best not to become another pet of Fluttershy, contending with Angel Bunny... It has potential.
Anyone who likes this idea, feel free to run with it! :pinkiehappy:

Every so often, I have a few guilty pleasure genre that I like. I'm particularly a fan of those shitty "Badass Spike" type stories and an OP human is occasionally fun to read about.

5980677 Yeah to be honest I’ve read a few good stories with the whole OP protagonist, my personal favorite was made by the Power Lottery which is why I decided to partake in the endeavor of a power lottery myself to see what happens.
The story
Also have you seen the Chess Game of The Gods? Some of those were great

I was sure I had mentally prepared myself for just about anything...
Geting sent to Equestria as a possessed assassin bunny plushy wasn't on that list.

In which some poor sap gets sent to Equestria as Bloody Bunny

I'm actually writing a story that slightly taps into that idea, but instead of the character taking over the Displaced, the Displaced gains the memories of the character on top of the character's powers upon waking up, thus blurring his own memories and sense of self. He can't tell if he's still himself or the character anymore, so he gives up trying to differentiate between the two identities.

Wait what about this : One guy is turned into the five pygmi kings from ds3

As far as I know, there are at least a couple of Digimon crossover fics on the site, but has anyone done one along he lines of someone (for example) dressing up as a high level Digimon like WereGarurumon but when they get Displaced, they're instead turned into its lowest evolution of Tsunomon?

At which point they basically have to train alongside a pony who can help them Digivolve into their next forms.

It won't be fun if that Displaced is weaker than the Ponies, just like my OC being powerful.

Crossing fingers to see a fic of this awesome displaced Dodomon, because Dorugoramon to me looks super awesome after exploring the wiki myself.

5987384 you say that, but there could be many ways to make it interesting. Right off the top of my head I could name three ways to do it without issue. Really the only negative is that they can't power through most things like they're nothing more than annoyances.

My nephew was outside playing two days ago, and my sister had turned the cd player on and started playing "Up Town Funk", and it's an awesome song :pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy: But it got me thinking. Music in Equestria, how could I turn that into a story idea. :rainbowhuh:
Inspiration struck and it's name was Ross Bagdasarian Sr. or you might know him by his stage name, David Seville. That's right, the creator of those squeaky voiced, epic singing, strangely amazing Chipmunks, Alvin, Simon and Theodore. :rainbowdetermined2: The music of harmony has been shown, exploited, made fun of and even straight up hated by fans and non-fans alike, but I have yet to see it be embraced and turned into a potent weapon like it could be. :rainbowdetermined2:
This is a displaced idea, you don't have to follow this idea if you don't like it, I know displaced stories have been taking a bit of a hit lately. :twilightsheepish: but just hear me out. three guys, can either be brothers or just really close friends, go to con dressed in the Chipmunks respective Sweatshirts, (their personalites are similar to their chipmunk counter parts) and meet the merchant, giving them each, maybe a pendent of the characters letters, not sure about that part. :rainbowderp:
They get sent to Equestria, as the Chipmunks. I'm thinking looking like the modern incarnation of the chipmunks but with the size of the 80's chipmunks, so a bit taller then the CMC if you want something to compare it to. :twilightsmile: I can think of one pony who would be sooooooo happy with seeing three talking chipmunks... guess who? :yay: :rainbowlaugh: They take it by storm. They have a connection to the music of harmony like none other, able to sing ponies to a rage or to a calm state of bliss. They cause both Harmony and chaos everywhere they go with their songs.
It could be a story about trying to fit in, they're in an alien world, and even with Equestria's diverse races, they're not normal. :fluttershysad: and take a moment to think on the awesomeness :rainbowdetermined2: the fun :pinkiehappy: and absolute insanity :pinkiecrazy: of what would be Rainbow Rocks with these three pitted against the sirens? :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: Masters of song and music "Clash of the Titans" Epicness! :rainbowdetermined2: this is just an idea, you can take it or leave it. I may even write it sometime in the future if no one else does. I see massive potential in this kind of story and I would love to see it be made. :pinkiehappy: I hope this gets some of you thinking.
Have a Good day and Allons y! :pinkiehappy:

And here's what got me thinking abut this in the first place

Also The three could be turned into pony forms of the characters. Alvin being a Pegasus, Theodore being an earth pony and Simon a unicorn. Just another another option to choose from. :twilightsmile:

I've been writing a Displaced fic where my main character has to earn to powers and abilities he has. He gets them quicker the the originals but still has to earn them through hard work and struggles. It's my personal solution to the OP Displaced problem.

Comment posted by QuirkyGallade deleted Jun 18th, 2017

5991245 That solution has a few problems and if not made sure of it can become more of a problem than a solution. I have of course like all things seen some interesting Displaced that are quite powerful or OP, however, they are the minority and could even name them all here if required.

True, it's going to be tricky but if it works, no one can bug me about him being to OP to fast. My character has Goku's abilities and memories as well as being half Sayian. The reason I'm writing like that is because of a line I read from a Dragon Ball fic... Goku was chastising the bad guy for stealing his power and abilites and not earning it. (The bad guy over used Kio-Ken far to much) He said

There are no short cuts in martial arts.

I loved that line so that's how I'm writing my fic, My character has to earn the power he has.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

You know what anyone hasn't done yet? Being Displaced as Polygon Man from all-star battle royale.

Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Jun 19th, 2017
DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I have a suggestion that could help you. Start your Displaced at level 1, very weak and inexperienced, for every 1000 words, your character levels up. You need to be at certain levels to require certain powers.

That would be a challenge and a half. :pinkiehappy:

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Plus, you can alway lower or raise the word count if you're a good writer or a bad writer.

Good Idea since I may have a little rush in my Writing. I tend to get into action with lesser dialogues.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I'm issuing a challenge. I dare for someone to try and make a Displaced Missingno story, human turning into a living glitch pokemon.

I think this Video is nearly self explaining when you played Horizon Dawn. If you don't at least know what that is, shame on you!

(Kind of surprised myself with remembering this one) Someone gets Displaced as Quarry from the 2003 animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series.

Powers: considerably strong and tough (tough enough to survive a cave-in), claws, acidic spit, and an expert at tunneling.
Seems like the use of the character has potential. They could appear in the Diamond Dog tunnels, or in the Canterlot mines during the Changeling invasion, or somewhere underneath the Crystal Empire...

Totipotent, not Omnipotent
So, I went to a con dressed as a character from one of the Pokemon movies. Gen 3, to be precise. Well, I say "character," but it's really more of a construct used as a feign by a pretty generic mad scientist. Mirage Master, associated with the not-quite-aptly-named Mirage Pokemon System, a system able to recreate any Pokemon it has enough information on. Including Mew and Mewtwo. Also can screw with abilities, types and move lists of the Pokemon duplicated with it. Rhyhorn with Bullet Seed was... Not a good display of this.

Not having the mask, due to painful perfectionist tendencies making it so that I cannot stand my mediocre skills at drawing, I found a booth that happened to have the exact mask I was looking for, alongside a massive Pokemon plushie collection. Four of each one, seemingly for having two male/female pairs given the arrangement of the gender dimorphism. And a frankly scary variety of other Pokemon stuff. Half of it I barely recognized, and I've memorized so much of it that I went with a gen 3 movie character for cosplay as my first thought. And on the other side of the bloody massive "stall" was a full collection of every Resident Evil monster in existence. All of them. Even the individual Uruboros monsters, modelled accurately to their in-game appearance.

Due to the collection, I thought nothing of the fact that they were dressed as the Merchant from RE 4. Particularly because they were wearing a shoddy Professor Sycamore outfit over it. Shoddy in the sense they they wore the labcoat over the Merchant jacket and had the undershirt over the short robe/skirt-thing, but under all the leather holsters and pouches.

Also a wig over the hood. Weird as hell, overall. Once I loaded up on stuff, namely Mew, Rotom and Zorua plushies and a Pokedex phone case that somehow enabled duel screen on a smartphone, as well as the missing mask. Also a scarily-varied camera was part of the phone case. Certainly makes the case being more expensive than the phone worth it... Once I handed over the money, the Merchant did... something to rip off their Sycamore outfit and replace it with a Dio outfit, part 3, if it matters, complete with the ab-displaying shirt still under all the leather, followed by shouting "You expected a Merchant, but it was ME, DISPLACER!" It was only then that I recognized a [Stand] figurine collection at the back... And then I was suddenly standing well in view of Discord's statuing.

I'm thankful that they at least were willing to ham it up and be ridiculous and reasonable with their item selection, instead of just doing the normal thing of dressing as the RE 4 Merchant and having a massive pile of seemingly random items. I'm not so thankful for being restricted purely to Mew, Rotom and Zorua as the Mirage Master. Which is a squishy human form. Although the Pokedex phone case turned into a full-on Pokedex with my previous phone's apps and UI all present, with me being able to just... disappear it. The scanning function of the Pokedex is a great tool, though, because I get to use the scanned stuff as things to materialize and transform into, thereby solving the "squishy human" problem. Also, full Pokemon move index, without game mechanics preventing me from screwing everything over. Sure, I've got limited power, and Mirage Mew seems to have become a particularly annoying externalized consciousness, but I've got the ability to do basically everything.

---

Is this a good outline for the start? It includes all the information needed for the Prologue chapter, at the least. Being that it's just the Ideas Thread, you can freely alter any given part of it.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Another idea: Displaced He-man. Can an overpowered warrior be balanced? lol

I've been toying with the idea of doing a story using the Super Power Lottery.

The twist?

He can only use each power once before it gets recycled for a new power. So he could have the most stupidly overpowered abilities, but then use them stupidly and then gain the most useless power imaginable.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Oh dear lord, talk about throwing life to fate itself. XD

Someone get Displaced as Shio Ogura from Nobunagun.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Question for you guys. Has anyone made a Displaced where their costume was incomplete and they ended up getting pieces or weakened versions of their powers upon passing through the void?

All right, what if someone was Displaced as one of my favorite characters: Vincenzo 'Vinny' Santorini from Disney's Atlantis?

Be kind of amusing if the person who was Displaced practically had to restrain the character's impulse need to make explosives... with very little success...

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Oh, if someone did that, I would give it a thumbs up so damn fast!

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

There's something i'm curious about. See, in the inheritance cycle, when a dragon touches a human, they form some kind of connection. What i'm curious about is if someone wrote a Displaced Saphira.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 105