Comments ( 71 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 71
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
March 2017
April 2017
May 2017

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them. Do not tag me.

Previous Idea Threads
December 2016 - Feburary 2017
August - November 2016
July
Pre-2016 Thread
All Remaining Links Can Be Found on Previous Threads

5846362 How about a story with this guy? I started a crossover with Sevenways 56

I put this at the end of the last thread, but now I'm actually doing it. I get thrown into Equestria as Mewtwo and promptly get turned to stone for a millennium or so. Just waiting for its submission to be approved.

Guys gets tossed into Equestria as a Wimpod.
it isn't easy for him...

Guy gets tossed into Equestria shortly after Discord is sealed in stone as a Sliver Hivelord. The ponies try to kill it, due to not having over a millenium to get wimpy and cowardly, but even Celestia's solar fire does nothing. They eat a nuke to the face, and just keep going. They get hit with a thrown mountain. They keep going. They are simply unable to get killed by violence of anything below "soul shredding" level. Generally they go through basically everything in the setting trying to bring them down and it doesn't work. They can casually splatter bears and wrestle ancient dragons, you won't get far with trying to kill them or even lock them up, and they are genre savvy enough to whack the big horses when they pull out the glowy gems, so no statue stage.

Of course, they have to deal with the awkwardness of being the one to start a new Sliver Hive. By being the mother to all of the Slivers early on. And they have Sliver instincts, which include a need to help others so strong that it can make them outright suicidal when they don't have a hive to help. And they will face a lot of people wanting them, and their little ones, dead, which triggers all kinds of hellish motherly instincts. They do, however, have the sanity to at least try to do population management to keep Slivers from overpopulating. Because Slivers have issues producing their own food. If you want a statue stage, then it's barely before Luna going to the Mooon, so there's quite the large Sliver hive that was only kept coherent by the Big Mom keeping them on a leash. And Celestia has do deal with the suddenly aggressive Slivers alone, without Luna to help thin their numbers via Alicorn Bullshit.

This leads to a significant AU, because Equestria never had peace ever since Luna was banished due to having to keep Slivers under control. Upside: Changelings have to be a lot more competent to get anywhere with takeovers because the Guard has ponies who've fought Slivers continuously for several years. Similarly, any other attempts at larger-scale violence are met with a military that's been holding Slivers under control for centuries with a Sun Horse who didn't get rusty on the nuclear hellfire because she's had to use it to keep Slivers from forming Hives too large. Downside: There are Slivers without anyone sapient in control. And right as Luna comes back, the Hivelord comes loose and starts trying to bring the multiple hives, some of which are led by other Legendary Slivers that can make the fight very, very dangerous, under one coherent command structure.

I don't know why but the idea of someone ending up in Equestria as the titular creature of the anime Xam'd: Lost Memories seems like it might be cool.

You could explain the Xam'd and Hiruko of Equestria as products of Sombra's rule over the Crystal Empire, with the identity loss associated with them being a combination of the old grudges from when the original weapon was alive, the malicious nature of dark magic and a magical hardware scrubber.

The Big Guy!

I figure someone buys a toy figure of the Big Guy and either winds up in Equestria as the guy who piloted the Big Guy on the TV show with a working robotic Big Guy suit, or... the person actually turns into the Big Guy and needs somepony as a pilot in order to work.

5853118 Unless they turn into a companion program, this would only work if they were the peraon inside the suit. And while i have seen storys like that before the group was overhauled, there has to be a damn good reason why they can't just take control of the suit

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Has anyone ever done a Goblin King Displaced? And by Goblin King, I mean the one from the movie Labyrinth

Another random suggestion: DC Comic's Starro.

An alien mind-controlling starfish that spawns spores of itself with a hivemind.

5863811 Isn't that a Kirby character?

How about digimon xros wars, mainly blue flare general chris??

5869032 Wouldn't surprise me if there was a Kirby character that resembled Starro. But he is an established DC character (even if he has gone through several re-imaginings over the years...).

5846362 I'm here, just moving some sh**. Don't mind me. :derpytongue2:

This is sort of an idea I came up with a while back and I am presenting it here. Whither I end up writing this story or not, we shall see. It depends on how my other stories go.

---Plot---

It has been about a month since the strange Obelisk appeared in the center of Canterlot and for some bizarre reason ponies have been randomly disappearing in their sleep. Violet Glow is a unicorn who has been studying the object under the guidance of Princess Twilight Sparkle. One night Violet goes to bed only to wake up to find herself being tripped over by some strange creature that looks nothing like anything she has seen in Equestria.

It has been about a month since the strange Obelisk appeared just outside of St. Maries in the state of Idaho and as a result the government has quarantined off the area around the alien object. Greg is a store clerk who is always grumpy due to the fact that he is sick of his home town. One day his roommate Jeff(who is known for some pretty weird stuff) decides to host a party at their place much to Greg's annoyance. After drinking a bit too much at the party, Greg goes to sleep in his bed. When he wakes up Greg prepares to go to work only to trip over something lying next to his bed.

This result in both characters exchanging puzzled looks and eventually both of them team up to solve the mystery.

---World Thoughts---

It should be noted that in the version of Earth that Greg lives in, neither My Little Pony or Bronies exist so no brony love here. I have no intentions for any cross species romance (ewww! :pinkiesick:).

The other objective isn't to portray humans as weak creatures when compared to ponies or as evil creatures either. Both humans and ponies have their strengths, weakness and can be cruel to others when it comes to the protection of there own species. Further more the true threat isn't the humans or the ponies... but whatever is in the obelisk.

---

So what do you all think?

5869511 that is A STAR NAMED STAR-O, NANI THE FUCK IS THIS?!

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Someone get displaced as Tex from Red vs Blue. Why? I want to see Tex bet up a group of displaced.

Why are there no ghostbusters displaced? It be funny as hell.

Medusa Gorgon
faithful student/ servent for luna or celestia 1000 years age
goes to exploreing the world for awhile
found by celetia after 3 hundred years

present / canon era
now has noble title
runs r&d labs for magic

equestrian form
more slice of life

now having dooms day from dc as a good guy now that would be great

Been watching the Overlord anime. Had a thought: someone gets Displaced as Albedo.

Unfortunately, her character programming causes the Displaced to fall madly in love with either Sombra or Tirek, as they are the closest thing in Equestria to her true obsession.

So, anyone thinking of doing a xros wars displaced? Cause i would love to read one.

Or, how about a glitter force dicsplaced??

Xros wars displaced sounds intersing.

Hey, can we do something in the Fallout Equestria verse? I got an idea for a Displaced, but one of its powers (and the reason for it) just fits with a mechanic from that verse so well... and I think i have a general plot for it

"You know, when me and my sibs went cosplaying as Asriel, and Chara. I dont think either of us could have predicted that one of us would get transformed into Flowey, and the other stuck without a body... In equesteria no less."

Basically two siblings go cosplaying as Asriel and Chara, then get stuck in equesteria. On top of that Asriel get turned into Flowey and Chara becomes a ghost that only Flowey/Asriel can see and interact with.

Bonus points if you make Flowey and Chara incredibly weak and have to talk and manipulate their way out of almost every dangerous situation.

5846362 I got one for this month.

It involves four Starcraft players in a 4-player free for all match, one of each race. Then one day a power outage causes them to be transported into Equestria. One most Cunning and Loyal transformed into a Zerg Overmind, other that's Rich Smart and not Spoiled into a Protoss Leader with a Nexus, and third into a Bold Terran Commander with a Command Center and his own Southern Accent.

Then the Caribous have started the invasion on everything. It will require a teamup between those three and the beings of Equestria to fight back the Caribou. But it's gonna be easy, for so as long they have the powerful strategies to cheese and rush the heck out of those Caribous. Especially when Equestria and its alliance teams up with the three Displaced running an army.

Oh, and did I forgot about another master of Puns who's Displaced as a Derpfestor, who not only had a Zerg Base, but also a Terran Base and a Protoss Base on his side? Yep, It is a Displaced Idea based off the Starcrafts animations done by Carbot.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

English please

But I am speaking english.

Any fans of My Life as a Teenage Robot out there?

Seems like XJ9 or "Jenny" could make for an interesting Displaced.

Someone get displaced as a hero from Armello.

How about bakugou from My Hero Academia in EQG world?
I blame Silver Quill for getting me into the manga:ajbemused: but thankfully I have no regrets:twilightsmile:

As Madoka Kaname, aka Madokami aka "The Law of The Cycle" from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Why? Well, on the one hand, to be a Goddess of Hope in Equestria is awesome. On the other hand, being the Goddess of Hope of Magical Girls, means that in order not to cease to exist, you need to create a fully operational Magical Girl system. Apart from this, being the "Law of The Cycle" implies that you will have a dark side equal to you in strength. The dark side, which can have its personality and plans for the future.
And the presence of this dark side, as well as the establishment of the system, which involves a huge number of broken hopes, and turning children into eldritch abominations, can be a great opportunity to feel the full force of the Magic of Friendship, and to keep company to Discord.
Princesses, using the Elements of Harmony, managed to seal "The Law of the Cycle", but the System is stable enough to continue its work, even without its Creator, and escaped minion of the Goddess of Hope (Something like the Incubator from the original story, only even more vile) continues to sign new Contracts and create new Magical Girls. And since "The Law of the Cycle" imprisned, those who were foolish enough, to trade their soul for a wish, receive no salvation, just turn into Witches and, if their Greef Seeds destroyed, they die forever.
The main character, arrives shortly before the banisment of the Nightmare Moon, and after the chain of unfortunate events the war between her followers, and ponies that follow the Royal Sisters begns. Soon after the victory over the Goddess, Luna realized that after the war, Celestia became even more beloved, completely overshadowing her, so she succumbed to her grief and turned into a Nightmare Moon. In what Celestia also blames the Law of the Cycle.
Magical Girls, who in the war mostly fought on the side of their Goddes, and because they know that their inevitable transformation into a Witches is due to the fact that the System is not working as it should, and really want their Goddess back, is outlawed. So, most of them, especially those who remember the reign of the Goddess, do not realy trying to hunt down Witches near the settlements.
Magic of pony, however, is able to cope with the Witches, who filled the land of Equestria, but in order to defeat even the weakest of the Witches required whole squad of trained unicorns, or someone like Twilight Sparkle. So, at the begining of the show Equestria has the most powerful Battlemage Corps on the planet, Celestia herself regularly involved in fights with the strongest of Witches, and even the most ordinary of unicorns can use combat magic, and other tribes of ponies have basic military training, able to escape from the Witch's Labyrinth, or kill its Familiar in one on one combat. In other words, it is AU, where pony society, being under constant threat, showed trends of militarism.
And now, after all that pony society has survived, after Nightmare Moon returnedand Discord escaped, another Deity escapes from her prison.

Demongo, The Soul Collector from Samurai Jack.

I think he could be an especially interesting character if he was a Displaced that still tried to be somewhat of a hero by only capturing the souls of villains. So imagine a Displaced with the souls of Sombra, Chrysalis, and Tirek as his minions. Then imagine that he also collects the souls of similar villains from the worlds of other Displaced...
He'd obviously be more of an anti-hero, especially since "eternal enslavement of one's soul" is a bit severe for most Equestrias... But it could be interesting if written well enough.

He should have a friend that was also displaced to the same Equus as him.

I nominate Scaramouch the Merciless, on that grounds that they're both the best.

5925393 Scaramouch was definitely a lot of fun. They could make an interesting pair of troublemakers (intentional or otherwise).

Troublemakers, mercs, assassins-for hire.

Those are probably the best way's to spin them.

Also I'd probably make two subversions to the Genre of Displaced in that the two of them don't really care about the Big Overarching Multiversal Story (tm) and that neither of them were petrified, meaning you could have an entire first arc set before we even get close to canon about their misadventures in exotic locations.

Note that these misadventures may include blowing said locations up and killing everyone in them, but eh, Scaramouch once decimated an entire village just to get someones attention, so it's perfectly in character.

5925681 All valid. I'd certainly hope the petrification could be avoided for once.
The "in character" bit seems unnecessary though. After all, these aren't the actual Demongo and Scaramouch, they're just two guys who turned into the characters. They might cause trouble, especially while figuring out how to utilize their new abilities, but I figured that it could be interesting to have the Displaced be more moral than the characters they turned into.
It could certainly be a fun slip of the tongue to have the two of them accidentally introduce themselves as "Demongo the Soul Collector and Scaramouch the Merciless" even when they're just trying to say hello.

It could certainly be a fun slip of the tongue to have the two of them accidentally introduce themselves as "Demongo the Soul Collector and Scaramouch the Merciless" even when they're just trying to say hello.

I'm also wondering what they'd be getting off of the Merchant that would dump them on Equus, I mean with Scatbot it's obviously going to be one of the weapons he had in the show (the Flute, the Sword or the Dagger), Demongo...not so much.

I got #2 for today, for anyone interested.

It involves two sides who are displaced as their chosen Class of any Typical RPG games.

One side consisting four middle school students. A male dressed up as a Warrior, a male dressed up as a Cleric, a female dressed up as a Ranger or Rogue, and a female dressed up as a Mage. They are students and close friends together and together went to the Comic Con, only to meet the Merchant, vice versa stuffs. They then meet ponies, and become heroes. Good is Good, Good reforms Bad, Bad is Bad.

But the other side is a single man, younger brother of a Warrior Cosplayer, who's RPG class is unordiary. He's not dressed up as a Simple Warrior, as a Simple Cleric, as a Simple Rogue, or as a Simple Mage. He could be either a Runic Warrior, a Runecaster, a Dracomancer, a Dark Paladin, or whichever Class is Dark. Either dark class he is, ends up in an Inversed world of Equestria where bad is good and good is bad, whom he also befriends. Meaning Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, etc are goodies.

Then one day comes with Equestria discovering the Inversed dimensional world. Celestia, seeing those with such darkness decides to declare war for the sake of protecting her subjects and chosed her Element Bearers and the four Human Heroes to lead an army. And now the younger brother and his new dark friends band together to defend Nightquestria.

(Please don't say 'English Please' as I do speak and type english.)

5925858 I figured Demongo would just be getting one of his skulls. Or maybe a cloak that was better than the one his costume originally had.

How about Anarky from DC Comics? He opposes the rulers of Equestria and bands the other nations against them.

Maybe at some point in their misadventures across the multiverse Scaramouch gets reduced to a head and Demongo slots him in among the warrior skulls.

I'm only suggesting this because there's an image of it on Tumblr.

So I have an idea.

Displaced Tingle in Griffonstone.

There's already a plot in mind, basically basing the plot off the Tingle game.

I'm surprised no one has done anything with Sari Sumdac

Okay, so lately there have been ideas stuck in my head for stories to come up with. However, since I only keep a few of them around and rather not have this one rot in the back of my mind, I'm going to place it here.

A pair of siblings being Displaced as 2B and 9S from Nier: Automata

Someone gets displaced as Kei or Satou from Ajin. Let the madness begin.

What if someone was Displaced as Sammael, from Hellboy?

Actually... what if "The Hound of Resurrection" was actually someone's pet dog that got Displaced?
Seems like a fun concept: a quite horrific and devastating creature... with the mindset of a friendly dog.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 71