Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

A bit over a week has passed since our last story read. Not too much action happened on that one, though. Let's see some more this time around!

Here are the usual rules:
-You may not nominate a story you have written yourself at any time.
-Sensual fiction (i.e., not outright clop) can be suggested in the non-NSFW group, but must follow site rules in discussing it.
-The length cap for normal story discussion is 100,000 words, but longer stories can be discussed in the splinter discussion thread. Stories of different length will have different time limits to read them, as well.
-The reading time allotted is seven days for 50k word stories and under, while stories between 50-100k will be given up to fourteen days.

My nomination for round six will be:

The Sparkling Reflection of Princess Rarity by The Gweat and Powaful Twixie

It was a needlessly poetic gesture, but Rarity positioned herself so that the tear would fall on Sweetie Belle.
“I love you, little sister. Be good, and I promise to join you soon.”
The night after Rarity buys a dead soul gem, something deep inside it sparkles to life. The next day, a pony is taken somewhere grey to await their death because of her selfishness. With the help of the mysterious rock, Rarity enters a world of reflections to save the one she loves the most.
So begins Rarity’s fantastic journey.

[img.](Put the link to the image here)[./img]
Drop the periods in the bracketed sections, and bam! Image.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

Here's my nomination:

Machina by Kanzlerin Maud

"Computers are magnificent tools for the realization of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding."
--Louis Gerstner

A robot, constructed for a purpose that it does not understand, seeks to gain its Father's approval via whatever means it can. Following his instructions, being fit to serve, and always awake and alert. But its efforts are not enough; not suitable to fit Father's desire for a true daughter. In the end, no machine can truly substitute the depths of real emotion.

...Or is that untrue? Could feelings to a robot truly mean nothing? Or could they mean everything? What would it take to be considered... "real"?

I don't care that it's 3k words long, it's an amazing story.

Okay, I guess it's my turn. It's almost getting hard to find stuff that look like they'd be fun to talk about.

Αλεκτρονα

By Darf

Twilight makes a trip across town in search of something to wake her up. Sometimes awareness is where we least expect it.

Warning: Contains unnecessarily verbose, overly-complicated, inscrutably dense literary self-indulgence.

This one was recommended a while ago, but I've not gotten around to reading it, but I could use a good adventure.

Whip and Wing
Random Crossover Adventure Human

The Medallion of Light and the Medallion of Shadow are some of the most powerful yet obscure artifacts of antiquity. Created by a now-vanished cult of assassins, the two devices together give their bearer the incredible power to walk the worlds with but a single step.

Nefarious forces are closing in on both artifacts, and very little stands in their way. Heinrich Himmler's agents covet the medallions for the greater glory of the Third Reich. Ahuizotl's simply want their master to get what's coming to him: the world, and everything in it.

With the fate of all good people and ponies in doubt, one thing's for certain: saving two worlds would be one hell of an adventure. And if adventure has a name, it must be Daring Do… or is that Indiana Jones?

Will our heroes win the day? Find out in... Daring Do and the Medallion of Shadow! Or, Indiana Jones and the Medallion of Light!

I suppose I'll nominate:

Dune Goddess
by Prane
Adventure

Princess Celestia is a proud mentor to an extraordinary filly.

That very filly has read all there was in the vast libraries of Canterlot, and is bored to death during lectures at the School for the Gifted Unicorns where she attends. She’s also destined to bear the Element of Magic, and one day, perhaps, even take Celestia’s place on the throne. She may have some rough edges, true, but Celestia is going to teach her the magic of friendship and values that are important in life.

If only Sunset Shimmer could stop sabotaging her efforts wherever they go…

err...did I format that right? Also that image is freaking huge and I have no idea how to shrink it.

So in honor of a certain someone returning to us wonderfolk, I asked CV for an exception to that 100k limit.

The exception was granted.

The Sisters Doo
by Ponky
[Comedy] [Adventure]

Daring Do seeks a favor from her sister in Ponyville. Due to buried grudges, things quickly get out of hoof. She soon finds herself on her most perilous mission yet... with her biggest fan in the world. In the midst of truth and lies, loyalty and treachery, love and hate, one thing is clear - some family situations are stranger than fiction.

Off The Edge Of The Map

http://achronicgames.com/pictures/commissionfull.png Unable to add picture, too large.

Romance, Adventure

When Rainbow Dash's newest trick backfires spectacularly, she and Fluttershy find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere. Together, they'll have to survive and find their way back to Equestria and Ponyville...no matter how far the journey.

Let the Silence Sing by Aegis Shield.

[Romance]

Celestia decides that Big Mac's barn is an excellent place to sneak off to, to take naps on her days off.
Big Mac decides that Celestia is a welcome guest.
Neither Princess nor farmer ever speak to one another, but the silence sings between them.

3949568 how come my images don't appear? :applecry:

Right click the image --> 'Open image in new tab'
That's the link you want to copypaste.

3951143 thanks for the help... :twilightsmile:

3949826 I'll second Whip and Wing. It's one I've wanted to read for a while.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15