Royal Canterlot Library 991 members · 638 stories
Comments ( 508 )
  • Viewing 501 - 550 of 508

Story Name: The Crown's Burden
Link To Story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/479209/the-crowns-burden
Word Count: 2,057
Tags: [Dark] [Sad]
What It's About: Celestia is called to Friendship Castle urgently by Spike after the events of the Season 5 finale. Twilight beat Starlight, but at a cost. Now, it was time for the teacher to teach a student a very hard lesson.
Why It's Awesome: It's funny that I describe the story the way I did, because even thought Celestia teaches Twilight something about being a ruler and how morally grey decisions have to be made, Celestia never FEELS like a teacher. She feels more like Brian Mills (Liam Neeson) from the "Taken" trilogy, a person that has had a fair share of experience and has to help someone who has recently entered their dark world acclimate to it. The idea of the MLP characters killing is something that's been brought up a lot in fanfiction, but this is one of the rare ones that really goes in and takes its time grasping the concept (mostly because the rumination about killing IS the plot and not a requirement for plot advancement)
Oh, And Also: If you can't tell, I am REALLY into Spectral Fury latlely. On Nov. 16th (the day I'm posting this), he'll have only been on the site for one year and yet he's already written multiple stories that I think are worthy of much more acclaim than they have now.

Story Name: Atop the Platform
Link To Story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/417236/atop-the-platform
Word Count: 2.434
Tags: [Dark] [Tragedy]
What It's About: Twilight Sparkle internally monologues about what got her into this current situation as she faces her (justified) end.
Why It's Awesome: the7Saviors does an amazing job of crearting an atmosphere and tone in his stories. I dare not spoil what EXACTLY Twilight did, because part of the story's intrigue is that it pulls you in and gets readers invested quickly. He takes a single moment and mamages to stretch it long enough to encompass a lifetime, providing a full internal monologue for how Twilight got into her situation. There's a resigned tone to the writing here that really breaks though that I quite like as well.
Oh, And Also: It has a longer prequel story, but it's not required reading.

Story Name: Princesss Trixie
Link To Story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/189848/princess-trixie
Word Count: 5,122
Tags: [Comedy] [Slice of Life]
What It's About: Trixie overthrows Celestia and Luna, shenaigans later ensure.
Why It's Awesome: Even over 6 years later this story holds up. It's comedic timing is on point, it's charterizations are well done, and it's a ice little commentary on Equestrian politics as well.
Oh, And Also:

Story Name: The Tower of the Fallen Star
Link to story:

TThe Tower of the Fallen Star
Before she was a princess, Celestia was a barbarian wandering the world in search of adventure and glory. In the Tower she found that and more.
Raleigh · 22k words  ·  163  7 · 1.8k views

Word count: 22k
Tags: Teen; MLP-FiM; Sex; Gore; Violence; Death; Adventure; Celestia; Luna; OC
What it's about: A young Celestia, thousands of years before Equestria, is a barbarian wandering the world in search of adventure and fortune. She finds something else.
Why it's awesome: This story is that rarest of fics, one that remains completely and wonderfully pony while remaining true to the source material which is, in this case, Conan the Barbarian. The look at young Celestia is simultaneously surprising and wonderfully right, and the rendering of ancient Equestria is detailed, horrifying, and yet, in some inevitable way, how the pre-Harmony world must have been. This story is simply perfect and I cannot recommend it enough.
Oh, and also: Full disclosure, I was a pre-reader/editor/brianstormer.

Story Name: Hard As Diamond

Link to Story:

EHard As Diamond
Live this Saturday night in the Canterlot Sporting Arena, the rematch of the century! Farnese ‘Queen of the Gods’ Hera seeks to recapture gold from the new champion, ‘Hard as Diamond’ Tiara! Don’t miss the MMA event of the year!
jmj · 31k words  ·  19  0 · 460 views

Word Count: 30,889

What It's About: Diamond Tiara struggles to earn the respect of her father, Filthy Rich.

Why It's Awesome: This story offers exquisite characterization and dynamic, satisfying character arcs, remaining faithful to the canon Rich family situation while introducing believable OCs. The author uses an unexpected and refreshingly novel motif of MMA, immersing the reader in a well-researched world of grit, physical endurance and athleticism to deliver a statement about gender roles, family relationships, and finding one's own path in the world.

Oh, And Also: The story is set in the EQG universe

Story Name: The Disney Chronicles: The Golden Age Prologue - Fimfiction

Word count: 1,050

Tags: MLP:Fim, Adventure, Comedy, Crossover, Twilight

What's it about: It's an Prequel of the Disney Chronicles where Twilight explains a few things about her adventures in Equestria before the scene shows an book flying through space

Why's it so awesome: Because it serves as a Prequel of the three other stories being Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio and the one which you should not do yet which is Fantasia (If you want you can make the two authors talk about their reasons of why they made this and if so it's fine with me)

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

Oh, uh, sorry to say, the RCL has closed.

Should probably lock this thread now. :/

• Viewing 501 - 550 of 508