Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,632 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

I need help in finding a male character to pair with Twilight on one of my stories. Basically, I need a ship involving her that makes sense when you consider her high status in society as a Princess. That means the bachelor needs to be a high class socialite with great wealth and influence. It also helps if he could help her with matters regarding politics.

Thorax? Blueblood? Ember?

Thorax might work but that may affect Twilight's standing with the other nobles because there is still some resentment against Changedlings in my story.

Blueblood will help her a lot in politics because that's what he's good at according to the comics. He may also have a previous relationship with Twilight when they were young since both of them were quite close to Celestia. But a relationship with him might make create some resentment between Twilight and some of her friends.

As for Ember. I think she'll fit better with Spike. Actually, I kinda like the EmberSpike ship.

There’s other characters that could work but they escape my thoughts right now. From the sound of it, Blueblood would be your best bet, especially if you wanted a minor drama subplot.

A minor drama subplot filled with intrigue and politics does sound promising. I'll consider it.

King Thorax *claps hands* BAM!

Dealing with racial prejudice from other nobles because of her chosen consort does make for an interesting subplot in their relationship. I'll consider him as well.

Exactly! I wish there were more ships about them cause there’s so much potential.

Then again, I just suddenly realized Thorax barely knows anything about politics so she won't benefit as much from the relationship. He might end up as extra luggage for Twilight, emotional luggage. That's also gonna be a problem when they're going to deal with some nosey nobles.

Steel Resolve
Group Admin

Prince Rutherford.

That might make for a hilarious pairing. I imagine Twilight trying to make sure everything goes perfect in order to prevent her husband from going ballistic and declaring war. It's kinda depressing on her part though.

Comment posted by ZombieWarrior478 deleted Feb 18th, 2019

blueblood, hell an idea I have had for while is the two of them are already marry, one of those they been on few dates, both end up in las veags for different reason got drunk and got marry but keep it under wrap ie, none one knew they marry and meet up in secret cause A. twilight family is less noble. and B neither of them want to deal with media and such going after them all the time.

Definitely Thorax. Unique.

6766265 Blueblood, I suppose Thorax and if he was still alive... King Sombra. In the case of the last one, the marriage could be an attempt to prevent him from taking over the world. Or he could just be reformed.

But you know that social status is not very important for shipping in Equestria? I mean Cadance is a princess Alicorn too... and married the captain of the guard. just saying, because that whole "shipping make sense because of status" makes no sense :D

You could always make your own OC if that helps

Depends on the kind of story you're telling. From what you're saying so far, sounds like an OC might be a better choice for you.

6766265 I would recommend Gabby the Gryphon. My reasoning is based on the political arena of Gryphonstone, or should I say the complete lack of one. We all know that Gryphonstone is what amounts to an impoverished third-world country. They have no government and live like Gypsies. Politically it would be a savvy move for Gabby to seek out the political power that Twilight would wield. Gabby has already been shown to be willing to help anybody for pretty much any reason and she loves her people, plus she has the initiative to seek out aid. From all logical standpoints it makes sense for Gabby. She has no political power now, but if she managed to create and jump-start an economy for Gryphonstone... well kings have been named for less in history, or Queens in this case. Queen Gabriela sounds pretty cool too.

I know this is a kind of old thread, but I thought I would put in my two cents.
Perhaps one such as Jetsetter. Frankly, you could make up a personality and backstory for him, considering the fact that he is a background pony. But, technically, he is a canon character. :twilightsmile:

But isn't Jet Set married to Upper Crust? Oh what a scandalous relationship that would be. I'm gonna consider that.

Maybe you could make him recently divorced? :raritywink:

I need advice- what would be a hilarious ship that contains Fluttershy that would be hilarious? I mean a ship that Fluttershy would think would be great but then she regrets.

Twilight could be with the son of a foreign ruler.

Say, a royal from the Middle Kingdom pays a visit to Equestria. Specifically, the Emperor's son. And he tries to woo Twilight. As for the Middle Kingdom itself: It's a Dragon country far to the east. But they're not like the semi-nomadic Dragons who roam Equestria. They live in cities, and they built a mighty empire.

For you non-history-buffs out there: “Middle Kingdom” is the Chinese word for “China” (translated into English). Dragons are a symbol of China. And yes, the rulers of China were called “Emperor”, despite the country being called “Middle Kingdom”.

She could just use the mirror pool...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28