• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,923 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,923

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 38

Winter is by far my favorite season. With its soft chill and the entire world resting peacefully beneath a blanket of snow it is not unlike a months long night. The only facet of winter I hold no affection for is the clouds. In the day they are like a soft blanket gently shedding their downy snow but in the night they are simply in the way.

The weather pegasi have come to a practice of setting a cloud cover and letting it do what it will over the winter months. This is understandable. The winter chill at altitude could be fatal to an unprotected pony so I will not begrudge my subjects their vacation.

Yet the clouds hide my best work. There is something about walking a moonlit field in winter. The way the snow catches the light and the whole world seems to take a soft glow. It is a gentle purity that can soothe the soul.

Perhaps there will be a break in the clouds and one of my subjects may find this beauty for themselves. I will yet bring the beauty of the night even if it is hidden away.
-L

PreviousChapters Next