• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 130

Day after day I fly and day after day there is nothing. I must admit that I am impressed that Captain Armor can maintain a large shield over Canterlot constantly. It is an impressive ability but I fear that if Canterlot is assaulted the shield will only last minutes after being maintained for so long. I suggest that he save his strength for when it is needed but he does not agree. It is not a practical decision to make but it is the way of Celestia’s guard.

They are bold and brazen in everything they do. The golden armor is more a show of force than a means of protection; and so they cast a shield over an entire city for little more purpose than to show the world they can.

Celestia has finally agreed to arm them. Only the simplest of weapons will do. It may be a matter of days before the enemy is at our gates and we will need competent guards. Clubs are the weapons of thieves and thugs. They are simple to use but, while the sight of Celestia’s guard milling about with such unrefined an arsenal would be amusing, Celestia will never agree to a weapon that degrades their noble image.

Spears at least appear refined. They are easy to produce and train with and Celestia’s court will harken them more towards a battalion of charging lancers than outlaws.

The wedding plans continue to sprint forward. Celestia tells me that Princess Cadenza’s talent involves romance but I do not know to what extent. As her matrimony draws near she seems a mare possessed. One begins to wonder if Captain Armor is truly so busied with his new rank or if he flees to his office as respite from her exuberance.
-L

Author's Note:

I have a new story out called A Dragon's Duty if any of you are interested in checking it out. I finally got the new part in the mail and my computers all better now :yay:

PreviousChapters Next