• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,916 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,916

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 88

How is it that these games still distract me? I have only played them once and yet they occupy my thoughts at every turn. I find my mind’s eye gazing at a display that isn’t there and my hooves reaching for phantasmal controls. Even sitting to dine with Celestia I find myself humming music from them. They are nothing more than a foal’s diversion yet with every minute I find my desire to play them rising.

It is not as if there is anything else to distract me. Equestria does not trust me to resume my reign. There are no enemies to subjugate and our every border is secure.

I still fear to enter the dreamscape. Once it was the most precious of my duties. Once it bound me to my subjects more closely than even Celestia, yet when I grew…dissatisfied with the affections of the waking world I turned it into a mighty weapon against those who remained loyal to Celestia.

If I braved my greatest betrayal what would I find? I do not know which I fear more, to see the nightmares I let loose an age ago or to see that the dreamscape too has thrived in my absence and that there too I am relegated to scaring foals in jest.
-L

PreviousChapters Next