• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 118

We hosted a lavished feast when she returned to us. With food and drink we celebrated long into the day…and I didn’t understand. They all but sang of how our mistress had returned and everypony went about their business with a spring in their step and I didn’t know why. We were still struggling to have enough; we still hid from the sun like bats. Nothing had changed but everypony acted as if the world had bent to their will alone.

I understand now. Princess Luna held me like a mother holds a foal and apologized. Since then every burden seems lighter, every meal tastes better. Mistress isn’t quite the right word. It’s like a mother we never knew we had has finally come back to us.

Moon Blossom told me I was smiling over her hay casserole. That would have been surprise enough but Morning Star was there too.

That’s not completely fair. Once you get used to the piece of bone sticking out of his face and how bright his colors are he seems to be a good stallion. I’m not entirely sure why him and Moon Shadow are courting considering that most of what they do is bicker, but if she’s happy then I am too.

It seems that the princess was right, it isn’t blood that binds us together, it’s her.
-Gen. Night Watch

Author's Note:

Usually I try to work it in somewhere that these sort of chapters are in Luna's diary somewhere but this one isn't so just don't worry about it.

PreviousChapters Next