• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,913

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 82

Luna, Sister please. Equestria has languished for a thousand years in your absence. Do not force your subject to suffer without you any longer. I’m sorry it had to come to this but I have heard nothing from your room except for cries of pain and anger. You cannot lock yourself away writing about battles long since won in this book.

I know what Discord did to you was painful. I left you an adorkable teenage filly, all knees and joints, and I came back to a mare being forced to relive ancient pains.

Please Luna stop stalking the castle and just go out for one night. If not for yourself then for your guard. They are breaking for you, each one. They see your pain as an accusation of failure; we both know they never could have stopped Discord.
A thousand years ago you were like this and I did nothing. I sat on my throne hoping another week would see you feeling better.

I failed. As a princess I failed and as a sister I failed. I will not fail again.

You must get out of those dank chambers Luna. Go and see your subjects, let them lift your spirits. If you will not take my words then take your own, “Physician heal thyself.”
C

Author's Note:

I've had this chapter written in my head for a week now but every time I sat down to write it it just wouldn't come out.

PreviousChapters Next