• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 124

Author's Note:

After reading some comments from last chapter and being in a particularly wacky mood I couldn't help but write up a bit of silliness that got stuck in my head, so here you have the non-cannon comedy version of this chapter.


With a barely contained snicker Princess Luna eased the ornate doors to the throne room open. Her sister, the ever graceful Princess Celestia, sat the throne with a pair of unicorn guards watching the otherwise empty room.

Stifling another snicker Luna drew breath and called out, “enemy at the gates! Defend the princess!” as she kicked the large double doors open. An instant later a peculiar black buglike creature streaked in over her head. If one looked closely they could see the fading blue aura of the night princess’s magic around it.

With drilled speed the guard had a shield up around the throne. The creature’s hardened shell crashed into it but so great was the Night Princess’s throw that both the shell and the shield shattered.

The outcome of this was that Princess Celestia, Ruler of the Sun, Bringer of the Day, Paragon of Beauty, Fount of Grace, and 353 Time National Equestria Cake Eating Champion, was covered hooves to horn in a sticky green ichor that was the remains of the first changeling discovered by Equestrians.

The first thing to be noticed by the guards was what would come to be known as “that incinerated changeling smell”. (Significantly more potent than “that singed changeling smell” and surprisingly not quite as potent as “that burnt changeling smell”) As the green ichor burned away it revealed a coat of burnt copper and a mane of pure inferno and a pair of eyes glowing white with heat and anger.

The fire mare opened her mouth and with the sound of an earthquake and an angry typhoon shouted “LUUUNAAA!!!”


enough of that silliness on to the real chapter!

I have said before and I will say again Celestia is graceful when presented proof against her claims; unnervingly so. I find myself questioning how far into the unknown future her schemes and machinations extend.

As the creature exhales its last odorous breath in my grasp her guards blanch and turn away. They will have to grow used to the sights, sounds and smells of these creatures in death. As unpleasant as it may be it is much more bearable than that of their comrades.
-L

PreviousChapters Next