• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,916 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,916

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 147

We spent weeks being told how important secrecy is to this campaign. In a night the Princess plans to end that. We are to let one escape. The hope is that it will run back to Queen Chrysalis and we can find her.

This war is draws to a close and I find my heart longing for home. Even the thought of Moon Blossom’s Casserole makes me salivate after all these field rations. I wonder how long it will be after we expose ourselves to find Chrysalis that I can see my wife again.

Will anything have changed? It feels as if I have been gone a lifetime already. The fields have had nopony to work them all this time, how will we survive the winter on such a meagre harvest? Even if we do go to Equestria’s market with our soldier’s wages will they be enough?

The Princess will see us through. I have been told that since my youth. She has led us well in war but will she sustain us in peace?
Life is simpler when all you must worry about is ducking the next blow and returning with your own. It is simply a matter of being better trained and more alert than the enemy. A mistake will draw its own price in blood but as I turn my attention towards my tribe I see that my mistakes bear a much higher price.

For a thousand years we endured in her name so that we could serve her again. May the stars give us strength to make it through another.
-Gen. Night Watch

PreviousChapters Next