• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,916 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,916

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 99

Of all the methods of governance Celestia has brought to Equestria I must commend her bureaucracy above all others. Not a bit in a thousand years has been left unaccounted for. Where my way to more explicit histories has been barred nopony thinks spending ledgers worthy of redaction.

There has not been as much lost to the coffers of my enemies as I would have guessed. I suspect the game my guard played where they were throwing jewels away to dissuade dragon after dragon may have been somewhat of an exaggeration yet the losses of Equestria to Celestia’s pacifism have struck several blows to our nation.

I stand amazed at the progress that has been made in this past millennium yet I wonder how much more could have been made if Celestia had not crippled the nation with the burden of her appeasements. I had never thought my sister a coward. She is a stranger to battle, yes, but in her own way I thought her brave. Now that it is laid out before me how much she has spent to avoid battle when I am not there to defend her I see her fear. She was too afraid to face her enemies and she was too afraid to seek out my Night Ponies.

It seems that once again I find myself alone in Equestria. I am the only one willing to hold the great Princess Celestia to account for her cowardice.
-L

Author's Note:

I feel like I should be a lot busier than I am right now. I don't know if I'm just being super productive or if I've got a lot of stuff that I'm just completely forgetting about.

anyways yes another chapter that's being ridiculously hard on Celestia but don't you worry, next chapter we see that the sun still has some fire in her :trollestia:

I'd say this is early winter of season 2 in my attempt-to-make-sense-of-the-canon-timeline timeline and I wouldn't count on there being too much content for the winter because I'm sorta excited for the upcoming spring of wedding bells and bugs (Late spring really but who's counting).

PreviousChapters Next