• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 143

“Keeping up appearances” Celestia calls it. If we are to convince Equestria that it is not at war then the castle is to operate as if it is not at war. Spitfire is my ‘athletic trainer’ as I have apparently grown fat and idle.
Celestia relents that the doubled guard and inspection of travelers is still well justified but she retaliates by dragging me out among her nobles.

The gilded meal is a dull affair. My sole reprieve is to sit in wonder at how nobles may endlessly blather on and avoid saying a word of importance. Celestia sits proudly at the head of the table. She glances at me from time to time. I know she is laughing inwardly at my disdain for this event.

As we sit in our celebration of…something one of my guard approaches. This is one instance where Celestia’s guard has skill and experience without end. They may approach her and tell her novels worth of information without anypony noticing.

My own it seems lack this discretion.

Celestia along with Prince Armor and Princess Cadenza overhear that changelings have escaped from a raid in Manehattan. Telepathy is a fickle spell to attempt and dangerous to learn but under the guise of a sip of tea it serves to warn them of what should happen if they spill this secret.
-L

PreviousChapters Next