• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,911 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,911

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 95

It seems I have underestimated Rarity to some degree. I knew she was making a dress for Twilight but I did not expect something so plain. I expected an impractical riot of colors that seems to be the height of fashion in Celestia’s court yet what she made was simple and practical. It is perfect for a pony so… academic as Twilight.

It may seem a simple gesture but amongst these ponies there is no such thing. A dress is not simply a dress it is a statement about the pony wearing it and in this case the pony who made it. Rarity risked all the popularity and position she had gained these past few days to give her friend something she would truly appreciate rather than something that would increase her own popularity.

A few well-placed words and Twilight’s dress goes from being a ‘commoner’s’ attire to the height of fashion and Rarity is flooded with orders for them. If these nobles truly are so weak willed perhaps this Fancy Pants can be recruited to discourage some of their more grating habits.
-L

Author's Note:

I probably won't update again until next Monday, I've been out of town visiting people and i don't always have an internet connection.

PreviousChapters Next