• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 127

Celestia organized a “family” dinner. The oaf Blueblood and my “niece” Princess Cadenza were in attendance, and of course as a point of privilege the captain of the guard was in attendance as well.

They look well together. It is something of a communal joke as we pretend not to notice how close they are sitting and how close they have become. As training puts more and more strain on the captain he relies on her strength.

Celestia leads the conversation with such skill that for a moment the illusion at we are a family gathered around a dinner tale seems real. As the matriarch of any household would she asks us “how was your day?” and “what do you plan on doing tomorrow?” as if this dinner was a daily occurrence.

When my turn to be questioned comes I say that I am going to visit a friend in the countryside. I’ve no doubt Celestia knows this means I plan on visiting the arcade in Ponyville for one last taste of peace before I must devote myself to the upcoming war.
I recognize the look Cadenza gets. I have seen it on Celestia’s face every time she finds something that may embarrass me.

“I’m sure it will be a most enjoyable evening,” Cadenza tells me.

Doubtless she must think this to be some tryst. Celestia at least tried to be subtle.
-L

Author's Note:

My computer seems to be able to handle typing stuff without getting too hot but games are out of the question and that makes me sad.

PreviousChapters Next