• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 551 Views, 3 Comments

The unlikely adventures of Windblow Scratch - BronieFreak23



Vinyl and Octavia, marefriends since years wanted something exciting in their lives, so what about a child?

  • ...
6
 3
 551

Chapter 4

Windblow was currently running through the streets of Ponyville being chased by Pinkie Pie and the infamous CMC: Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, the reason? After the big party that Pinkie Pie threw at both Gio and Windblow to welcome them to Ponyville, Gio had the ‘brilliant idea’ to tell the CMC that if they managed to capture Windblow they could recruit him, needless to say the CMC were overjoyed for the idea of having a new member and the fact that they already knew Windblow from school didn’t help at all, still the reason of why our favorite party mare did not met Windblow and Gio before this… remains a mystery, but one way or another Windblow would take revenge on his older brother figure, maybe flooding his room with gummy bears… yeah that would be the perfect plan.

‘If I manage to get out of this in one piece that is’ thought Windblow as he continued to run the hay off as fast as his legs allowed him, since he has been living as a pegasus for approximately 4 or so hours he wasn’t used to fly, so he was stuck to what he knew, in other words, run as fast as buck.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS NEW MEMBER RECRUITERS YAY!!!!” yelled the three fillies as they continued to pursue Windblow who screamed hysterically while cursing at his surrogate older brother.

‘Where is he by the way?’ thought Wind as he avoided a magical rope and a dozen of apples while trying to not get caught by Scootaloo’s scooter, the girls were capable Wind could only ponder as to why they hadn’t their cutie mark yet ‘Whatever at least it’ll be a more cool cutie mark than toothpaste hair's and metal glasses’

-Meanwhile in Twilight’s library-

“Princes- I mean Luna are you sure it is fine for us to be here?” asked Twilight as she and her 5 friends shifted their vision between Luna, Celestia and Gio.

“I am positive Twilight Sparkle, since you six are the wielders of the Elements of Harmony and so the guardians of Equestria I believe that you should be informed to a major issue such as this” replied Luna as she looked back at Gio “Gio, would you elaborate what you meant back there?”

“With pleasure your highness” replied Gio with a little bow “Back in Alternia as I already told you, Joshua had some people that opposed completely with his ideals and his family’s, the most powerful of them was a man called Kagero, Kagero was an individual with a very peculiar ability, he was capable of producing energy like Joshua but he canalized said ability in creation and manipulation of shadows, Kagero was a prodigy in said ability and it took an immense effort of Joshua and his family alongside his friends of Alternia to be able to defeat him, in the time that Joshua became Windblow here, Kagero took advantage that his biggest treat was gone and attacked once again with his forces, we do not knew his plans until recently and what we discovered has to do with your celestial” he said while pointing at the sky.

“Long ago Alternia and Gea, the name our ancestors gave to this planet, used to be ‘twin’ sisters, they passed each of their energies to each other and that medium was the moon that you see nowadays, it is unnecessary to show that Gea is a planet that bursts out of magic, all of that energy was canalized and passed by the moon, if someone was able to control the energy of both Alternia and Gea that passed through the moon he or she would become virtually invincible, the most powerful creature in this plain of existence powerful enough to break any law existent; this fact became a serious topic to both the people of Gea and Alternia, so they decided to canalize their magic or energy as we call it in Alternia and put an illusionary spell on the moon, said spell would act as a barrier that would hide the prescience of the other planet and limit the passage of energy that located in the moon, making it like a ‘battery’, guarding energy and liberating it slowly and swiftly” he said as he turned to Luna.

“Princess if I may ask, during your time at the moon didn’t you feel as if your magic capacity suddenly began to grow in a very fast way?” asked Gio earning a nod from the princess of the night.

“Indeed, now that you mention it I don’t recall ever feeling my magic grow as fast as those thousand years I spent at the moon; it was as if something else was helping me, though I always thought that it was the nightmare instead of the moon itself” replied the princess as Gio shook his head.

“Pardon my abruptness princess but that idea sounds plainly illogical, if my knowledge is accurate the ‘nightmare’ wanted you to be mentally weak enough in order to assume control of your emotions, if so, why would it want to make you feel confident? It would first want to destroy you and make you feel as if you were nothing without it, like a parasite” said Gio earning an understanding nod from Luna.

“Kagero intends to control the power of the moon, maximize the power suction from both Alternia and Terra in order to overload it, this of course would cause great catastrophes to both planets, as the constant flow of energy is what allows the planets to exist correctly, his intentions are yet unknown to us but as his actions affect both of our planets” he says as he bows at the three princesses and 4 of the 6 elemental holders “In the name of the Resistance of Alternia, I, Gio Kuromiya, would like to request your assistance in this battle” says the stallion as he feels two hooves in his fore-legs and see two smiling princesses.

“It will be an honor for Equestria to help you out in this mission, Alternian, you can rest assured as you will have all of our support” said Celestia as Gio stood up and gave a smile to all the mares in the room.

“You will have my eternal gratitude” said Gio when suddenly the sound of a crash was heard coming from near the library “And you will have either more if you help me out to make sure my surrogate little brother hasn’t killed himself yet” he replied as all the ponies plus dragon ran out of the library…

-Few moments earlier-

“Umm girls?” asked Windblow from the bottom of a… canon?

“What is it Wind?” asked Sweetie Belle as Pinkie Pie was finishing instructing her and Applebloom how to fire her party canon.

“Are you sure this will help us get our cutie-marks?” asked Windblow again as he gulped nervously, he initially didn’t want to participate at all, but hay, he may be still a young colt but he was a stallion, and no stallion could ever resist the sickly adorable puppy eyes look of the CMC asking him to help them, that and the fact that Pinkie Pie promised him to teach him to bake, and if there was something that Wind learned in his days on Ponyville, was that Pinkie Pie baked like a goddess and he would be learning from her apart from the fact that Pinkie also tied him up so that he couldn’t escape at all.

“Relax Windy! This is our 100’987,265th attempt of cutie-mark getting, I’m sure we’ll get it this time, and if you and me don’t get our ‘bullet-pony’ cutie-mark from this then I’ll say that Diamond Tiara is the humblest pony ever!” said Scootaloo from another canon, she and the girls (plus Pinkie) had somehow convinced Windblow into helping them (minus Pinkie) into their attempt of getting their cutie-mark.

“Wait a sec’ Scootaloo ain’t this our attempt number 100’988,156?” asked Applebloom as she put on two helmets on Windblow and Scootaloo’s heads.

“You’re both wrong I recall this is our attempt number 100’988,714, the 100’987,265 was for the ‘pudding makers’ cutie-mark and the 100’988,156 was for the ‘rocket-builders’ cutie-mark” explained Sweetie Belle.

“Oh! Oh! You remember when you girls helped me build a house out of cake mix?” asked Pinkie Pie as she bounced around excited about firing two ponies from her party canons, she had helped the CMC from time to time in their attempts as it was always funny to see and most of the time become part of their shenanigans.

“Oh yeah attempt number 99’846,483 that was a delicious plan!” exclaimed Scootaloo as she licked her lips of the memory, that house have been one of the most delicious things they had ever eaten “Okay Wind are you ready?” asked Scootaloo from the bottom of the canon.

“Um I’m not quite sure Scoota-”

“Okay! PUSH THAT THING APPLEBLOOM!” she yelled interrupting Windblow as Applebloom pushed both of the buttons of the canons firing Scootaloo and Windblow through the air.

“ISN’T THIS AWESOME WIND!?” asked Scootaloo as she flew through the air, her wings enjoying the sense of the wind passing through her wings at a very fast pace, while it was true that she couldn’t fly yet it wasn’t an issue to her anymore, after the Equestria Games and the talk with Rainbow Dash she understood that her wings would grow with time, several months had passed since that day so it was only a matter of time until she was able to fly, her wings had grown so she would only need, much to her pouts, patience and practice, she highly suggested that some radioactive uranium WOULD have helped them but Twilight got it back before she could use them, Scootaloo read too much comics for her own good, and apparently ‘The incredible KOLT’ or Kolt (I know I suck for some names) as some ponies called him, was one of her favorites I mean how in Equestria couldn’t you love seeing a colossal green super-pony smashing up stuff and evading the rulers called ‘government’? It was just too awesome to not like
Wait a sec where were we?

“WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

Oh right, yelled Windblow as he passed flying beside Scootaloo, however their trajectories were TOO close, causing our brown/greenish furred pegasi to crash against our orange furred mare and spin wildly before crashing against the floor near the library in a… *cough* very peculiar pose.

-Present time-

“Wind/Windblow” said Vinyl and Octavia as they both slowly walked up towards Windblow and Scootaloo as the two pegasi stared at them nervously while the rest of the ponies struggled not to laugh at their position.

“Would you care to explain were you in a crater” started Octavia “under Scootaloo, with your lips against each other, in public?” finished Vinyl as the two mares smiled calmly at them, though if you were Windblow you would have known that that kind of smile promised tortures and pain beyond Tartarus if they weren’t convinced with his answer, though it didn’t that Scootaloo apparently lost some control of her tail, which was getting in the way of Wind’s mouth.

“Hmmpff Hmmpffmmf Hmmffp Hmmpf Hm Hmmfpf Hmhmp Hmmpfmmpffmpfmhmpf hmpfhmppfhmp hmpfhmp hmp hhmmphmfhmfpf” explained Windblow as everypony stared blankly at him as Scootaloo removed her tail from his mouth.

“Oh so that was it” replied Twilight as everypony turned to her.

“How could you understood him?” asked Rainbow Dash as she chuckled slightly at the situation her adopted younger sister, in the last couple of months Scootaloo was finally adopted by Rainbow Dash as her younger sister, needless to say that Scootaloo fainted when she heard it that time, but as Michael Ende said:

That’s another story and shall be told at another time.

“What? I have a degree in pillow speech thank you very much, and Shining Armor thought that it was a useless study” she said with sarcasm happy for being able to prove wrong his brother, despite the fact that he wasn’t even there at all, but oh well.

“So what actually happened?” asked Octavia as Windblow removed the remains of Scootaloo’s hair from his mouth awkwardly.

“Apparently they were at another attempt of getting their cutie-mark at, what was it again?” asked Twilight while turning to the remaining CMC.

“You see Miss Twilight this was attempt number 100’988,714 ‘n apparently didn’t work out as we expected, Scootaloo and Windy were fired from the canon but somehow crashed ‘gainst each other and ending in the position y’all are seein’” replied Applebloom.

“It was an accident we all saw them flying and colliding here and besides we know Scootaloo wouldn’t do something like that at will” replied Sweetie Belle unaware that said filly felt a LITTLE strange after accidentally kissing Windblow.

“What did you think we were doing moms? I mean I’m only 13 what exactly could I have been doing” asked Windblow innocently as Vinyl gave a nervous laugh and Octavia sweat nervously.

“Probably something not appropriated from the kind of rating of this fic” replied Pinkie Pie as everypony stared blankly at her.

“Pinkie Pie… you’re so ran-” started RD before being interrupted by Windblow.

“I guess you’re right Pinkie” replied Wind as he found being the center of all the looks this time.

“Son, you understood what Pinkie Pie said?” asked Octavia as Windblow nodded.

“Of course, I mean if there was a situation like that the moderators would notice and could give us an alert or worse” he said as he gulped “Ban us, and we don’t want that, right?” said Windblow as everypony now stared at him.

“… if my kit could understand her, I guess Pinkster isn’t as nuts as we think” said Vinyl as she bumped her son’s head earning a ‘HEY!’ from him “That’s for getting yourself fired and not telling me”

“Though I really would have wanted to be able to fly or at least hover, I think I heard a couple of cracks back there” said Windblow with a chuckle.

“Patience Wind, trust me on this one” replied Scootaloo as everypony laughed at the irony, one of the most inpatient of the ponies telling somepony to be patient was quite the show.

“What’d you guys talked about anyway?” asked Windblow as he incorporated himself.

“Stuff, you know, like how the moon is in trouble alongside Equestria and Alternia, you know the usual” said Gio.

“One of this days you’ll have to tell me just how the hay was my life before having amnesia” said Windblow with a shrug.

“Umm excuse me” said Fluttershy “didn’t Cheerilee left some kind of homework for you four? I happened to meet her mumbling about ‘troublesome assignments’ but I didn’t want to interrupt her, she seemed rather busy” continued Fluttershy as Windblow’s eyes widened.

“HOLY BUCK! SO THAT’S WHAT I WAS FORGETTING!” yelled Windblow aloud as Octavia put on a tape on his mouth.

“What have I told you about swearing my son?” asked Octy in a serious tone.

“Hmmp HmpffHmffpf hmps” said Windblow as Twilight translated “He says he’s sorry for swearing”

“Mom can I use your studio today? I really really REALLY need to make a song” pleaded Windblow as Vinyl could only nod before Windblow bolted away running to his house.

“That kid has some darn legs, bet he could help us a lot in the farm, Vinyl, if that Sugarcube ever needs a pair of bits send him to our farm” said Applejack as Vinyl chuckled.

“Sure thing AJ, what was the subject anyway?” she asked while turning to the CMC.

“Miss Cheerilee asked us to make something that could represent how our lives with our families in any particular way we wish” replied Sweetie Belle.

“So free-style huh? That sure sounds like my kit” replied Vinyl as all the mares nodded.

“I am anxious to see what young Windblow is capable from” said Celestia as she and Luna turned to Gio “Gio, we shall meet again” she said before turning to Vinyl and Octavia “Vinyl Scratch, Octavia Melody, you two and your family are all welcome to our castle in Canterlot whenever you wish to”

“It sometimes gets boring of all the diplomacy so feel free to just pass by to say hi” replied Luna as Celestia chuckled even now she still didn’t like politics very much.

“As well as here, the library shall be open anytime for all of you” replied Twilight as Spike nodded.

“Yeah please come often I need help convincing Twilight to do something other than reading or studying, hay I once heard her muttering about marrying a book while she was sleeping” said the young dragon as Twilight blushed in embarrassment.

“Well since apparently my studio is occupied today, who wants to go for some apples? My threat” said Vinyl as all the mares present, including the princesses, nodded, hey they may be royalty but who doesn’t accept a free meal?

“Music for mah ears Sugarcube, music for mah ears” said Applejack happily as everypony walked their way to Sweet Apple Acres.

-An apple lunch later-

“I’m stuffed~” said Vinyl happily as she and Octavia walked their way to their home, it wasn’t a terrific idea leaving Windblow with all the equip but after all Gio was there to watch him, and apparently Gio’s payment was an apple pie, yeah Gio was a good reasonable caretaker.

As they entered their home it was surprisingly silent ‘Strange, isn’t Windblow supposed to be working on his assignment?’ thought Octavia as she and Vinyl walked up to Vinyl’s studio only to end up smiling at the sight.

Lying lazily in the main board was their sleeping son Windblow, the track record off and with a blanket over him, most likely put on by Gio, above him laid a CD and a sheet of paper; Windblow was sleeping soundlessly so it seemed that he tired himself up composing whatever he did.

“Like mother like son” said Octavia causing Vinyl to chuckle slightly, tons of times had Octavia need to put on a blanket on Vinyl and drag her to bed due to several nights she stayed sleepless until late, or the other way around, the two of them were extremely stubborn with work related issues and apparently their adopted son adopted that trait from them.

“So what do you say Octy, wanna hear what our little kit made?” asked Vinyl as she levitated Windblow to his room and put him in his bed, she noticed that the couch apparently was occupied by Gio’s sleeping and snoring form, before going back to the studio a little smile appeared on Windblow’s face as his mom gave him a quick peck on the forehead before leaving him to sleep.

“My life as an alien” said Octavia aloud as Vinyl gave a slight laugh.

“What an adequate tittle” said Vinyl as she grabbed two pair of headphones and passed one to Octavia, the music started after a couple of seconds as Vinyl and Octavia read the sheet of paper that Windblow wrote:

‘My life as an alien by Windblow Scratch
I am an alien that’s what I say
I landed somewhere one of these days
Mother and mom found me in the ground
And decided to adopt me, which is where I’m now
I am an alien I’m not from here
Which is probably easy to see
But I don’t care if I’m different
If with my mothers I get to live
I do think I’m an alien
And I do may be a freak
But what the hay I love my moms!
And I love living here!

As the song ended Vinyl and Octavia smiled warmly at Windblow’s letter, it wasn’t the lyrics of the song, it was a strange poem alongside the song but it served as a good metaphor of how Windblow came to their life, as an alien as he said, appearing out of nowhere and changing their lives, adding that little spark of uncertainty alongside with a bratty attitude and the look of a troublemaker that you couldn’t help but like, but he was their troublemaker, and they knew that they would only grow closer even more.

After exchanging a good night kiss both mares walked to their rooms, things would turn strange from now on with Gio’s appearance and Windblow’s change, but trade this adventure for a boring simple life? Not even a chance.

Author's Note:

Me: Sorry for being late...
And for being lazy...
And for focusing in other projects...
And I promise to not take so long from now on
Can I go now?
Windblow: Yup *takes off the sword from his neck*
Me: Until later folks, enjoy the chapter
By the way, can anyone post tips on how to write southern accent? English isn't my native language so I'm using my imagination and what I read on the internet, any tip would help TwT

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment