• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 551 Views, 3 Comments

The unlikely adventures of Windblow Scratch - BronieFreak23



Vinyl and Octavia, marefriends since years wanted something exciting in their lives, so what about a child?

  • ...
6
 3
 551

Chapter 3

Windblow silently wondered how Twilight was able to ask so many questions at the same time and not realizing he wasn’t actually giving her an answer.

Since they had entered Twilight’s library/house (Windblow was marveled by how the hay did Twilight managed to hold a baby dragon and not burning down the whole thing) the mare started to ask him questions, in the beginning he did answered them but she then apparently got too excited and asked them so quickly that now Windblow just gave up and waited for her to run out of saliva.

“Twilight” asked Windblow but Twilight continued with her rambling.

“Twilight!”

“TWILIGHT!”

“And what it- Yes?” asked Twilight not noticing a pulsing vein in Windblow’s forehead.

“I asked you to ask questions in an AVERAGE speed!” yelled Wind causing Twilight to blush in embarrassment.

“Oh sorry, I guess I went a bit overload” replied the mare “So, can you tell me exactly what happened during your performance?”

“I already told you guys! I don’t know! One moment I was playing music, then that huge wooden thing destroys the freaking scenario and then nothing, I just remember being really angry at that thing” said Windblow as he still tried to remember the events of yesterday.

Suddenly a knock was heard as Princess Celestia entered in the library.

“Good evening, Windblow, Twilight” said the ruler of the sun as Twilight immediately panicked and bowed.

“Good evening princess, err... I mean Celestia” said Twilight while blushing at her mistake as Celestia just laughed.

“What’s up miss ruler?” asked Windblow earning an angry glare from Twilight for his manners.

“Windblow, I’d like to see your magic abilities alongside Twilight, it still amuses me the sudden outburst you had with the giant Timberwolf incident; that magic wasn’t like anything we have seen in Equestria and I’d like to see where did it come from” explained Celestia as Windblow only nodded and smiled not understanding practically anything of what she said.

“So what am I supposed to do? I already told Twilight that I have no idea what magic she was talking about” said Wind as Celestia’s horn started to flow in magic.

“I will try and access your subconscious to unlock your magic, this process was actually created for unicorns with magic problems but since in a unicorn the magic flows naturally, we ponies almost never used it, but in your case I’m sure it will do” said the princess as she touched Windblow’s forehead with her shinning horn and Wind’s eyes started to lose their glow, he seemed to be in a deep trance.

‘This is strange, I should be able to find his magic system already’ thought Celestia as her astral figure advanced further and further into Windblow’s subconscious ‘What’s that? Is that a… lock?’ she thought as she sent a magical beam to the lock trying to break it, suddenly she found an explosion of energy liberating itself as the lock was broken, in less than one minute she suddenly found herself forcefully out of Windblow’s mind, Celestia stood dumbfound at what just had happened, this wasn’t supposed to occur “Windblow, are you okay?” she asked but received no answer from Windblow.

“Wind-” Twilight started but was interrupted by a sudden beam of light that came directly from Windblow’s forehead, the same site where Celestia entered his mind, the beam went straight forward to the sky making a hole through all the clouds, when it was about to disappear from the sight… it impacted into something, a stele of a rainbow field-force could be seen in the sky as the beam of light started to break it little by little, when it finally broke it revealed something that would make everypony in Equestria shocked, a planet.

A huge planet about the same size of the planet where Equestria was located suddenly could be seen hovering several miles, for what it could be seen it was located even farther than the moon yet it had to be as the same size of Terra to be seen faintly in the sky, barely covered by the Equestrian clouds.

Celestia stood shocked at this, in no less than 5 seconds Vinyl and Octavia burst through the door only to find Windblow with the light fading away from his forehead just before he fell to the floor.

“What the hay happened here!?” shouted Vinyl as she immediately ran to check on her son alongside Octavia.

“I’m not exactly sure” replied the princess “But I’m pretty sure we’ll know in a little while” she replied as Windblow’s hair started to turn yellow and the golden tattoos in his arms disappeared, suddenly he stood up with his hair now in a bright golden color.

“I believe I can explain that” replied Windblow as he opened his eyes, however, his voice sounded completely different, this one was calm and a little grave, instead of his usual quick and rambling like way of speak, the most major change apart from this were his eyes, which now were a deep blue instead of their ‘usual’ left red eye and green right eye, all the mares stood shocked at Windblow as he brushed the dirt out of his clothes, HAY! He looked different; he even looked as if he was older! His golden eyes showed an air of maturity that wasn’t anywhere that high a couple of minutes ago.

“Who are you and what did you do to my son!?” yelled Octavia surprising everypony in the scene, however, it was Vinyl the one that stopped her from doing anything harsh.

“Who are you and where is our son?” asked Vinyl in a more calmed tone of voice as ‘Windblow’ sighed “Let’s go to a more comfortable place” he said as all the mares nodded and walked back to the library.

-A complex explanation later-

“So let me get this straight” says Octavia as she manages to calm down, with a little help of Vinyl “You are one of Windblow’s personalities”

“Exactly”

“And his personalities have the ability to change his physical appearance when they manifest themselves?” asked Twilight taking notes of what ‘Windblow’ was telling them.

“Yep”

“But the question remains, who are you and could you give us a brief explanation of the current situation?” asks Celestia as ‘Windblow’ nods and stands up.

“First off, ‘Windblow’s name isn’t actually Windblow, when he was a resident of Alternia aka the planet above your heads, he was called Joshua, and due to the mysterious trip he had to here he can’t remember anything of his first 12 years, as for me, my name is Gio, I am one of Joshua’s personalities; what happened was that when you unlocked Windblow’s power, you also unlocked the memories of his life as Joshua that for some reason were forcefully locked away were also unlocked, for that reason I could ‘get out’ as well as his other personalities will do once he starts to assimilate his past memories, for now Windblow still doesn’t know what I’ve told you, what he will know once he wakes up is that he isn’t from here, and will be aware of my existence” Gio then looks and walks up to Vinyl and Octavia.

“Miss Scratch, miss Melody, I have something to say to you” he said before bowing in front of both mares earning a surprised face from them “I thank you deeply for all the care you’ve given to Windblow, you really acted like a pair of mothers for him and in all the time I watched through his mind I couldn’t find a single little bad detail about you, thank you for taking care of my ‘little brother’” Gio then stood up and looked at Celestia, this amused the mares but they smiled at the formality of the boy.

“So what happens now?” asked a calmed down Octavia.

“Well since Alternia has literally been discovered a couple of minutes ago I believe the residents of both Equestria and Alternia will go nuts, also, I don’t think there will happen anything bad, yet. But I ask permission to train my otouto*, well actually re-train him, because of the memory loss he has forgotten how to fight at all” said Gio, Celestia and Luna’s eyes narrowed at the thought of an extremely powerful fighter with such a young age wandering through Equestria, Gio seemed to notice this as he quickly continued “But don’t worry, he has enough common sense to know when and where to use his powers”

“What do you mean about powers?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Back in Alternia Joshua received martial arts training from an old hermit since he was 4 years old, master Gobaransu, Gobaransu trained him under the arts of Ansatsuken**, no offense princess but if Wind had his memory back, that timber wolf wouldn't have lasted 5 seconds, he wasn't called 'sama' sometimes for no reason" said Gio shocking every mare and Spike.

"The dragon attack you saw was because Wind's lock broke temporarily unlocking his 'Monkey Trick' ability, that abilities makes him able to use an attack of one of the most powerful razes near the area randomly, while alicorns are quite powerful, the wrath of a dragon is something that we all fear, that's the why that attack was selected" he explained
Gio then smiled as he looked at the mares "I believe I should abandon Wind's body now, his body gas been under a little of stress and he deserves to rest"

"Can't you stay a little longer?" pleaded Twilight not wanting for this new and more mature young one to left already.

"Who said I would go away?" he said as Wind's body began to glow a golden aura, the aura floated outside of his body to the space next to him as a light gray furred earth pony with a bright golden mane and silver stripes flowing through it like a river, from his looks he couldn't had more than 20 years***, his mane was just the perfect length, not too long yet not too short, stylized in a semi wild way as his tail, both of them which would definitely just get better once their length incremented, a magnificent pair of sapphire eyes stared at the mares accompanied with a gentle smile, lastly a cutie mark with the form of the outline of a crown with a pen-feather and a pair of swords swiftly crossing it in an 'X' like form "What? Do I have something on my face?" asked the earth pony in a voice that the mares immediately recognized.

"Gio?" asked Celestia as the earth pony nodded gracefully.

"Indeed I am, I figured it would have been more comfortable of I took the form of one of your species" replied as the mares continued to stare at his new appearance.

"It is quite amusing..." replied Rarity almost drooling at the stunning appearance of Gio, Celestia however, was actually drooling, what? If you lived over 1000 years and found a stallion like him you'd be drooling too! Goddess of the sun or not.

"Hey Gio" said Vinyl "You think you can do that trick in somepony else?"

"I get it, wait a bit please" he said as a another aura surrounded Windblow’s body, after it faded away in Windblow’s place was now a light brown furred Pegasus, he appeared to be like 12-13 years old, the same as Wind, he had a long white spiked mane with black stripes on it giving it a zebra like appearance, a tail that followed the same style as his mane and hair grew from his still flank.

"Uh?" said the pegasus as he woke up, his voice sounding EXACTLY like Windblow’s, a ruby eye and an emerald one demonstrated what everypony already assumed, this Pegasus was Windblow.

"What happened? Oh hi Gio what's up? Since when you are a pony?" asked Windblow still feeling a little dizzy.

Gio snickered at his younger brother's antics "Since about five or ten minutes Wind, its a surprise you remember everything"

"Yah somehow right now I remember... Da hay? Since when everypony got taller?" he said as he tried to touch Vinyl with his... "... Gio... What in Equestria happened to my hand?" he asked quite in shock as he stated at his recently acquired hoof.

"Um Windblow, i think you'd like to look at yourself in a mirror" said Spike as he put a body size mirror in front of him.

"What do you mea- ..." said Windblow as he now examined his pegasus-self "Holy Scratch! What happened to me!?" he asked in awe as he tried out his new body.

"I thought you'd like to feel being a pony as your mothers, talking about that, miss Octavia, you said that you experimented something unusual while playing your instruments during the orchestra?" asked Gio as Octavia nodded.

"Yes indeed, none of the instruments managed to emit a sound" explained the still confused mare.

"About that... I was so excited about meeting my other new mother that i think I accidentally casted something on them" said an embarrassed Windblow.

'Void techniques? He shouldn't be able to remember that yet, it seems that his memories are returning in a random order' "I think i have the solution, would you please take out your instrument miss Octavia?" she nodded as she handed her chelo to Gio, he grabbed the enchanted chelo... And slammed it against the floor... And against the walls... And threw it downstairs... And out of the window... As a buffalo stampede passed by...

...

-Several minutes later after Octavia chased Gio frenetically with a frying pan as Celestia flew to them to make sure the mare didn't murder the stallion-

"There all done" said Gio as he played a bit Octavia's chelo before handing it to her.

"What an... Interesting way to break a spell..." said Twilight as she and Celestia tried yet to figure how several hits and damage to something could break a powerful spell and return said object to a perfect state.

"So what will happen now?" asked Luna finally taking part of the subject.

"Well I suggest let Wind rest a but and adapt himself to his pegasus body, as for the other matter I believe I should have a little talk alongside you princess Celestia to your council, I think they'll be extremely confused of the sudden apparition of Alternia, also princess Luna, I'd like to have a talk with you" replied Gio while looking at the princess of the night.

"And why is that if I may ask?" asked Luna kinda confused as to why the Alternian pony would like to speak to her privately.

"It's because it has a direct relation with 'The Moon'" replied Gio as Luna's eyes widened and she smiled at Gio but with an air of seriousness around her.

Before anypony could say anything three known high pitched voices were heard outside the door as our favorite triplets by anything but blood were outside the door with a BIG grin in their young faces.

"Horseapp-"

"CUTIEMARK CRUSADERS STRANGERS INVESTIGATORS YAY!" yelled the three over enthusiasm fillies as everypony in Ponyville started to gather around wondering what made the infamous CMC even more excited than usual.
As Wind and Gio were starting to recognize the mess they just got themselves into another VERY KNOWN voice interrupted the silence "DID SOMEPONY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A NEW PONY?" yelled the number one party pony: Pinkie Pie.

Wandering around, the now reformed spirit of chaos and disharmony known as Discord sneezed "I felt as if the balance of the universe was twisted again" said the dracoonequs as he rubbed his beard with his griffon hand "What a wonderful day then!" exclaimed the spirit as he continued to wander around creating more of his new and reformed 'Good Chaos'


*It’s a Japanese term for little brother
** It’s a fictional term for any kind of martial art that was originally created to kill; it literally means the Fist of Assassination
*** I’m not sure how the age in equines work but it’s a young age but already passed teenage years, it's like a young adult, at least in this fic

Author's Note:

First off I'd like to apologize with you guys, I seriously wanted to upload this story a whole sooner but after I analyzed it's plot I found it... plain, it needed something else so I had to re-make the plot from scratch, which took me most of this time because I wanted to give you people a good story like you deserve, my other stories will remain in hiatus as I want to repay the huge wait I had to put you in, again I'm sorry and I hope you can still enjoy this story.
Also, most of the chapters will have songs to accompany them because at least I think they fit in the story, if there isn't a song in a chapter, like this one, is because it just doesn't need it, any kind of comments are received and right now I'm not one to ask but I'd appreciate constructive critic, I'm not a freshman in writing nor a professional, so please feel free to comment what you want.
Just to end; unless something extraordinary happens and I will notify you if so, The Unlikely Adventures of Windblow Scratch is again in motion, thank you for your understanding and I hope you can forgive a foolish writer, until later