• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,097 Views, 112 Comments

The True Story of Vanilla Beam - VanillaBeam



The story of how the smallest pony started on his big adventure, and made bigger friends.

  • ...
4
 112
 3,097

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Fluttershy and I began to consersate with each other. I kept the details of my past to myself. Even though I could seem to trust her, I didn't think she would be interested in my sob story. So we talked about what she did. She told me she owned a little cottage, dedicated to housing, and taking care of animals. She also told me that she is one of the elements of harmony, the element of kindness. So no wonder she acts so gently with me, it's in her nature (no pun intended).

After a while of talking, we heard a knock on the door. A booming. kind of raspy voice called from outside. "FLUTTERSHY, WE'RE HERE."

"OH, I'LL BE BACK VANILLA. I GOTTA LET MY FRIENDS IN."

"Okay, I know."

Fluttershy then tiptoed off to the door, trying not to make the earth shake for me. She then went to the door, and opened it. In the doorway, I saw two more humongous ponies. And I looked in fear as I recognized them both. One was the pony I met when I first came here, the pink maned, very energetic, Pinkie Pie. The other one I instantly recognized, the cyan fur, the rainbow maned pegasi. The same one who was mowing the lawn that day. I couldn't help, but start backing up as the two stepped inside.

"HELLO PINKIE PIE, HELLO RAINBOW DASH." Fluttershy said.

"HIYA!" boomed Pinkie, as she bounced her way into the room. The tremors she made were so strong, I left me hooves a bunch of times. I dodged for my life moving out of the way of Pinkie's huge bouncing mass.

"WHAT'S UP FLUTTERSHY?" asked the pegasi, apparently named Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy looked up, trying to see what was up. I giggled at the sight. Rainbow let out a sigh. "IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH FLUTTERSHY." Dash looked over to Pinkie....... who was looking up as well. Dash did a facehoof, grunting in frustration. I just sat there and laughed.

Rainbow, looking just plain done, looked down...... to me. She then lifted her left forehoof over me. I saw it raise over me, and I made a run for it.

"FOOL, YOU CAN'T OUTRUN THE FASTEST PONY IN EQUESTRIA!" she boomed to me, as she planted her hoof in front of me, stopping me from running. Dash then proceeded to raise it again, this time over me. But then, the ground began to shake again, and I saw Fluttershy running this way. I was afraid if Dash wasn't going to crush me, Shy would. But, thankfully, she stopped herself, and Rainbow Dash.

"YOU CAN'T CRUSH VANILLA!" Shy boomed.

"WHO'S VANILLA?" Dash asked in return. Fluttershy pointed me out. "YOU'RE GIVING BUGS NAMES NOW?"

"NO, HE'S NOT A BUG. IT'S A PONY. HE WAS SHRUNK BY HEXYL." Shy said.

Rainbow Dash leaned her face down to better observe me. She took one look at me, and then started to tear up. I almost thought she was going to cry over me. But no........ she began to laugh, hard.

"BAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!" she laughed, as she fell on her back, knocking me over as well. "OH, THIS IS TOO FUNNY. HAHAHA, HE'S SO SMALL TOO. AHAHA."

She wasn't even aware of what she almost did to me days ago. I couldn't sit there and watch her laugh at me. I just got up, and started trotting away. When all of a sudden, I was stopped by another furry wall, but this time, it was Pink. I was soon lifted up to the face of an enormous Pinkie Pie. She was observing me very closely. Then she let out another huge gasp, almost sucking me into the moist cave of a mouth of hers.

"OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE THAT PONY I MET IN TOWN WHEN YOU FIRST CAME TO TOWN. I MEAN GOOD GRIEF, I'VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU SINCE YOU FIRST CAME HERE. YOU MUST'VE BEEN TINY AFTER YOU GOT HERE BECAUSE YOU WERE REALLY HARD TO FIND."

"Umm..... I've only been small for about five months now. I came to ponyville almost a year ago."

"OH RIGHT. HEH, WELL DUH. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE? I'M USUALLY GOOD AT THESE THINGS."

I could tell, with Pinkie Pie talking my head off, and Rainbow Dash still not helping herself but laughing, I knew it was going to be a LONG afternoon.