• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,092 Views, 112 Comments

The True Story of Vanilla Beam - VanillaBeam



The story of how the smallest pony started on his big adventure, and made bigger friends.

  • ...
4
 112
 3,092

A Quick Recap (Epilogue)

A Quick Recap (Epilogue)

So, that was my story. And to be honest with you all, I'm glad you took the time to read my depressing, yet meaningful story. To look back on that and tell you guys this, I really felt like I went on another trip with the Doctor to tell you guys every detail and leave nothing out.

So, to recap: I grew up with my family in Baltimare, lost them when I was very young, then left to find a new home, and found that, and a new family in Ponyville. I might have had....... a few hiccups along the way, but I managed to do it.

So what is up with me now?

Well, Fluttershy has become one of the best mothers a son could ever had. Even though I have a bed all my own now, I still am a colt, and love to sleep in her bed with her. And NO, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT. I like to sleep with my mommy, because she's so protective and is very gentle. I would never change her being my mother, and she feels the same with me being her son.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity was the one who made a bed for me. She actually considers me a brother as well. Even though she doesn't like me climbing all over her (she says it feels like a bug is climbing on her. It feels "icky"), she cares deeply about me. She makes all of the goods I need. The only thing that kind of erks me, is that she smothers me in kisses. My mane can't take much more of this, hehe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack is a great pony to be around. She is always there for me to talk to if I have any problems. She, and her sweet sister Apple Bloom have always cared for me. There was one time, I watched them playing, and saw a bit of myself and my mother playing. After that, Bloom came to me, and started to play with me just as well. Boy, was I a rag doll that day. But I don't mind, because the Apple Family is the closest family I've ever known, and I'm glad to be a part of that family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was anyone to ever give me anything that I lost for a while, it has to be Pinkie Pie, for she made me found something I never had in years, my smile. Now, I'm not saying that I never smiled after I lost my family, it's just, I never had the same smile that I use to. When Pinkie stomped past me the first day I shrunk, it was funny, because she was the first pony I met here in Ponyville. Everyday since I got to know Pinkie, she has played with me, tickled me, told me jokes, and always made my day bright. I am grateful for Pinkie Pie, the keeper of the worlds smiles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle. What else can I say about her? She tried to help me back to normal, she was the one who found Time Turner to take me to see my family, she has pretty much been a tutor to me, there was even a time she shrank with me and we had an adventure of being small. Let's just say, it was the biggest adventure she ever had. She has been there for my ups and downs, and has never left my side, even if she almost stepped on me a couple of times, she's learning and getting use to it. I love her to death, and she loves me. And she'll love you too if you ever met her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the last thank you, Rainbow Dash. For a while, she and I have gotten a lot closer to her since we first met. Ever since we had that moment in the library, I've never had the nightmare about the lawnmower anymore. Dashie, ever since the day she rescued me in that rainstorm, I have considered her more than a sister. She is my guardian angel. I feel the safest when I'm around her, and she has done her best to protect me, and I will do my best to return the favor. The best part, is I get to literally sit in her mane, and get an experience of a sonic rainboom with her. I love her so much, til the day I die.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at this point, I have to leave this story as it is, because there are certain rumors about someone else in my family that I haven't met yet, and she's here looking for me. So at this point, thank you for listening to my story, and take my advise. Never believe that because you are different, that there isn't someone out there willing to love you, because there is, you just have to look in the small places.

Comments ( 22 )

Pretty darn good story, but there are a few bits you may want to edit in this final chapter. For example, at one point Vanilla Bean refers to himself as a filly due to his age/size when it would be more appropriate to refer to him as a colt or foal since filly refers to a young female. Also, you'll want to replace the word "tooter" with "tutor". Still, I really did enjoy this story.

Awesome story my friend. Shed liquid pride through the whole thing. Great job. :pinkiehappy:

Great story, only one thing wrong with this chapter is that vanilla called himself a filly. Fillies are girl ponies, and colts are boy ponies. Other than that, great story.

Wooo!

you should make mini stories, cause I don't want to stop reading these fanfics about vanilla beam!

2751941 There's one actually in the making, I'm just in the middle of writing another fan fic at the moment

I have a name and it's called HATER HATERTON so you know what that means I HATE THIS STORY I DON'T KNOW WHY IM READING IT but hey it's my opinion because IM HATER HATERTON

I know but hey it's my OPINION no body Else okay sorry :(

Vanilla is a great OC and a good character he has a child mindset witch makes him adorable :twilightblush:

I finished reading your story, and I think that with some editing assistance it have potential to improve.

When I uploaded my story "Celestia's Tiny Student," I had just one editor assistance, and now i have more and the story improve.

4727956 :rainbowderp: .................................

Well well well, I can't lie. This story appealed to me like few of the many fic on FIMfiction have before.
The Mane 6 were over-emotional and put in situations that Hasbro would never do for fear of leaving the children confused, the adults embarrassed and the bronies crying, the original character was a typical but lovable past-pain, trying-to-find-their-place-and-have-a-rough-time-because-of-it pony and the detail put in Vanilla's view point is exceptional
As has been pointed out by the other viewers, there are spelling and grammar mistakes but although I am insistent on my own fics being flawless in language, I have no objections to mistakes in others' fics.


Overall, well done /)

5453998 Thanks a lot! Yeah, Vanilla was cursed, but then again, he was blessed at the same time :twilightsmile: and if you've been reading his newest story, he's going on another GIGANTIC adventure, but this time, Twilight is tagging along

5456695 I gotta get around to reading that one
and Past Sins
and Techorse
and Faust-knows what else

Why? Why out of the many fanfics in this site, this one made me cry even after a cried earlier for other reasons? You, sir, are great at tugging at the heartstrings. Either that, or I'm rather tearful when it comes to sad or heartwarming moments.

This is the most amazing thing I've read. Even made me teary eye'd and I never cry! Keep going. You'll always succeed. No matter how long it takes.

In which that story of Twilight shrinking down has not even done......good cliffhanger though. Although I still hate you because I am crying. A LOT RIGHTS NOW SO
DARN YOU VANILLA BEAM FOR MAKING ME CRY...(in a love hate relationship kind of way!)

Login or register to comment