• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,091 Views, 112 Comments

The True Story of Vanilla Beam - VanillaBeam



The story of how the smallest pony started on his big adventure, and made bigger friends.

  • ...
4
 112
 3,091

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I began loosing my grip of the grass blade, and ran the risk of being washed away in the stream. I was saying my last goodbye's and preparing to meet my parents. When all of a sudden, I heard another booming impact. It didn't sound like thunder, it sounded like a pair of hooves on the ground. And they all must've landed around me.

I looked up, and to my wonders and surprise, I gazed up at the massive sight of Rainbow Dash standing above me. I was so relieved, yet so scared about what she was going to do. She could do the right thing and save me, or she could just as easily crush me.

"VANILLA! PLEASE COME TO ONE OF US! I'M SORRY ABOUT WHAT I SAID, I REALLY AM. I JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE. I'M SO SO SORRY." she said, starting to cry a bit.

She was crying..... over me. I was making her cry, because she was so worried about me. I was already crying from being scared, so I was crying trying to get her attention.

"RAINBOW DAAAAASH! I'M AT YOUR HOOVES!" I yelled. She couldn't hear me at all. I had to think of something before she would start to stomp away. I saw the weak spot, above the hoof I was next to, With all of my strength, I began to scale the cyan hooves of Rainbow. I almost slipped off when she did start to stomp forward a bit.

"PLEASE VANILLA! ANSWER ME!" she cried. I grabbed a leg fur, and quickly took a bite of Dash's bare skin.

"OUCH!" she said, raising her hoof really fast to see what bit her. The whiplash of that was really uncomfortable. She observed, and saw me sitting on her hoof. She cried out with joy.

"I FOUND HIM GIRLS! HE'S ALRIGHT! LET'S HURRY INSIDE!" They all nodded and headed back inside, as I soon saw they all went out to look for me. Except Rarity, she didn't want to mess up her mane. We flew in, and got dry.

"VANILLA, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU PRIVATELY. CAN WE?" Dash asked me.

"Okay, let's do that." Dash then flew me to the higher part of the tree. We went behind a wall of leaves, and hid ourselves in the tree. Dash actually let me sit on her hoof, and I knew this must've been awkward for her, being she doesn't like ponies to touch her hooves.

I looked into Dash's eyes, and could see that she was sorry. I can tell when someone is sorry by the looks in there eyes, and she had all sorts of feeling in them, her eyes were big, and full of tears.

"I DON'T WANT THEM TO SEE ME CRY, PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM, OKAY?" she said.

"I promise, I won't."

"VANILLA, I'M SORRY ABOUT WHAT I SAID TO YOU. I KNOW YOU DIDN'T MEAN ANY HARM, AND I KNOW THAT YOU NEED OUR HELP, AND LET ME BE THE FIRST TO BE THE ONE TO HELP YOU. BUT I NEED TO ASK YOU, WHY DID YOU SEEM TO BE SCARED WHEN I WAS AROUND YOU? WAS IT BECAUSE OF HOW I ACTED, OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE?"

I had no choice, I had to let my emotions out.

"Well, I never wanted to tell you this, because I didn't want you to feel guilty. But I guess now I have to. About a month ago, I had one only friend, an ant. He and I did everything together. One day, you mowed the lawn, and well........ he saved my life, by sacrificing his." After telling her this, she cried hard, and started holding me really close to her. She wasn't crushing me, but she was squeezing me lovingly.

"I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR WHAT I DID. I'M SORRY IF I'M IN YOUR NIGHTMARES BECAUSE OF WHAT I DID. I FEEL LIKE I LET YOU DOWN, AND I'M THE ELEMENT OF LOYALTY TOO."

"I know you didn't know. It's okay, because I see that you are sorry, and you want to make it better. You proved to me that you are very nice, and have a very big heart. I love you Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, and Twilight, and the others. I want you all to be..... my new family." I began to cry again. Dash started to rock me.

"YOU DON'T HAVE A FAMILY?" I shook my head.

"Not anymore."

"THEN, ALLOW ME TO BE YOUR NEW SISTER. YOU WILL LITERALLY BE UNDER MY WING, AND I PROMISE TO HAVE YOUR BACK. AND IF YOU WANT ANYTIME, YOU CAN TAKE A RIDE ON MINE." I chuckled at that remark.

"Thank you Rainbow Dash. I love you so much." She began to get a little warm. I looked up and saw, she was blushing. I nuzzled her massive chest, and just hugged her there, or more, she hugged me, for a while.